GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script need some information - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need some information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some information

Ok so we have a trashed credit report, well and truly trashed

I am on the road in sales and get a (paltry) car allowance and i have to have a car which is less than three years old.

the dreaded day is coming up

I'm in one of those ongoing hire purchase thingys, with the car paid off (apart from final payment) next April.

so will I get more finance from same company bearing in mind have been perfect customer and car will probably be under the required mileage

will I just have to hand this car back and walk away

would I get accepted for contract hire

am i going to have to get a car some other way, and any suggestions???

this is the new me doing forward thinking, I hope you are all impressed

Re: need some information

When the time comes you come to me and Mr. Br will sort you out Even someone with poor criedit can get a car PCP deal because at the end of the day they take the car!

Comment

What your in is a PCP which means you pay monthly payments and there is a balloon payment at the end. If the car isn't worth much to do then you hand the keys back... if the car is worth more then you get money for a deposit for your next car.

Infact you can pretty much sort your car out anytime you don't have to wait until april.. if you think your Criedit file is "less screwed" now then in April etc.

Comment

Jen you are a wonder

this is on my list or worries but I've been putting it to the back of my mind for the moment (ie more urgent things to worry about) but ultimately no car=no job=no money

The car should be worth a fair bit, its not been trashed and I'm on track to do less miles than i estimated, so mileage shouldn't be bad. You have no idea what a load you've lifted, I thought it would be OK but had a wee niggling worry. I got this deal just before everything went tits up and was worried then that they would knock me back but they didn't. So do I have to go back to where I got the car or can I just come to Mr Br?

Comment

You can go to ANY dealership in the UK.. however it could be good to go back to the one you got and get them to value the car--

then get a second opinion.

But your dealership that you bought it from will cut you a cheque for the + amount

Comment

OK guys back to this

now made redundant from job where I needed pesky car, although deal doesn't end until next May. New job requires no travel so don't need posh car just a banger as it won't be used very much. So what do I do now, can I just give it back? its still under the mileage and we could be doing with saving the costs involved as new job pays considerably less cash....................

Comment

advice please, re the above

i have spoken to the finance company and have paid enough payments to just hand back the car with nothing else to pay.
              The car is well worth more than the outstanding payments and the mileage is lower, would I be better trying to sell it? taking into account the hassle etc, or just to get rid and not have to pay out all the costs associated which at the moment run to over 300 per month...............

Comment

If you can sell it for more then do that! Even £100 is better in your pocket than theirs....

What car is it
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

its a kia c'eed
                  one of the disadvantages of having a car allowance rather than a company car, the job goes tits up and they make you redundant, there is no way they'll pay the outstanding car payments. One of my colleagues had a superduper tank thing, costing 500 a month with another 18 months to go.......there is a recipe for shit making financials

Comment

UPDATE

well eventually we VTed the car
                    it was very hard work
                    Santander Consumer Finance must have he worst trained and rudest staff I've ever come across (and I've come across some beauts in my life)
                    first of all they had real trouble accepting our VT request, no one told me I had to do it in official language, ie an official declaration
                    it took 5 phone calls and 2 letters to establish this. Spoke to a lot of rude shytebags along the way
                    finally got it sorted after raising a complaint and being paid 240 compensation for my pain and suffering
                    car goes with two very nice wee men who confessed that santander Consumer Finance were the absolute worst company they dealt with
                    we continue as normal, i must say I was expecting some spurious bill from them as this seems to be their normal modus operandii.

to-day i received a default.................
                    for two months missed payments
                    Dopey sees red and more red and more red
                    Dopey phones an speaks to possibly the rudest liar I have had the misfortune to deal with
                    "the law requires them to default me as i didn't complete the agreement"
                    " the law requires them to send these letters but it doesn't mean anything because they know I sent the car back and actually it's been sold and the account is clear"
                    Dopey foams at the mouth
                    Dopey demands to speak with a more senior idiot as this one is beyond the pale
                    Idiot refuses, there are no grounds to speak to a senior person, she's explained it to me and it's perfectly simple
                    Dopey sees some more red and foams some more
                    Dopey tells them she wants to complain
                    idiot says no grounds
                    Dopey tells em she's going to to the FOS
                    Idiot laughs and says she doesn't care
                    Dopey hangs up

Dopey phones FOS where very nice young man confessed that this is normal for anything to do with Santander Consumer Finance
                    Very nice young man thinks I have lots of grounds for complaint
                    very nice young man commiserates on the trashing of my credit file by a malicious and evil Santander (Dopey does not tell him that said credit file is trashed beyond repair already)
                    complaint will be with Santander Consumer Finance tomorrow

Dopey is now awaiting more compensation which is fine because I knew a bit about debt but what if some poor soul doesn't know what I know, file trashed for no good reason other than sheer incompetance
                    it's making me want to foam again..................

Comment

You probably did better than I would have done (and I am usually pretty good to finance companines on the phone.) I would have said here ...

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                      Idiot refuses, there are no grounds to speak to a senior person, she's explained it to me and it's perfectly simple
                      "The only thing that is perfectly simple is you" ......
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done you, Dopey!

As you say, you know a little lot about debt but someone else could have their perfectly good credit report trashed for no good reason.

I wonder what Santander idiot will say when they're called before their manager to explain the FOS complaint
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good for you Mrs D!

Comment

Well done Dopes
                            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I'd still prefer giving them a good slap though

oooh the satisfaction................

Comment