GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problem with your car? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with your car?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with your car?

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
    My 6yr old niece called me a cu*t the other day!
    You crack me up!! How on earth does an 8yo know such a word?

You shouldn't talk about your fella like that, it's harsh!!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      You crack me up!! How on earth does an 8yo know such a word?

You shouldn't talk about your fella like that, it's harsh!!
      I was totally shocked! I really don't know where she heard it, it's not a word I use so I can't be blamed!
      Made by God...Improved by the Devil
      Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

You tried looking at black circles online angelic? They generall are cheaper and for your car they shouldn't be too bad.. Also Kwik fit do a special deal for ordering online.

Comment

Okily dokily. I know I have given advice on here before, but now I seek it.

I have a problem with my brakes (pretty sure this is not related to another thread elsewhere you may have read).

They have suddenly stopped - I say suddenly, but was more of a quick decline. Had new pipes throughout three months ago. Have checked couple of bleed nipples and fluid comes through ok. Handbrake also functions properly.

This started / appeared last night. This morning I had very little brake fluid, but was full a few days ago and there is no evidence of leaks.

If I pump the brakes with the ignotion OFF, I get pressure, which disspates when I turn the ignition ON - so I know the servo is working. Only thing I can think of now is the Master Cylinder.

Anyone got any other ideas that I can check?? - its a Peugeot 306 1.4 LX by the way.

Cheers!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Anyone else think this thread should be re-named 'What's the latest problem with your car Angelic?' haha!
            Previous post mentions you needing new tyres and now you ask if the thread should be renamed!

Terrible pun!

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
              Previous post mentions you needing new tyres and now you ask if the thread should be renamed!

Terrible pun!
              Never mind this bollocks!! What about my useless brakes!

Originally posted by oscar View Post

I have a problem with my brakes (pretty sure this is not related to another thread elsewhere you may have read).

They have suddenly stopped - I say suddenly, but was more of a quick decline. Had new pipes throughout three months ago. Have checked couple of bleed nipples and fluid comes through ok. Handbrake also functions properly.

This started / appeared last night. This morning I had very little brake fluid, but was full a few days ago and there is no evidence of leaks.

If I pump the brakes with the ignotion OFF, I get pressure, which disspates when I turn the ignition ON - so I know the servo is working. Only thing I can think of now is the Master Cylinder.

Anyone got any other ideas that I can check?? - its a Peugeot 306 1.4 LX by the way.

Cheers!
              Last edited by oscar; 19 July 2011, 16:08.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers!
                Brake fluid can only disappear for two reasons, a leak on a brake pipe of caliper, or a failed seal in the servo / master cylinder, if it is the servo, it will leak fluid into the servo "drum" so no evidence of a leak will show up.

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                  Brake fluid can only disappear for two reasons, a leak on a brake pipe of caliper, or a failed seal in the servo / master cylinder, if it is the servo, it will leak fluid into the servo "drum" so no evidence of a leak will show up.
                  Confirmed my suspicions. Absolutely no evidence of a leak, nothing from the pipes. Handbrake locks on solid so assume all that fluid isnt in the drums.

Will take the servo off and dip my fingers into the drum.

Comment

Confirmed my suspicions. Absolutely no evidence of a leak, nothing from the pipes. Handbrake locks on solid so assume all that fluid isnt in the drums.

Will take the servo off and dip my fingers into the drum.
                    Oscar, if it was one of the slave cylinders leaking in a rear brake drum it would be quite easy to spot, as the brake drum turns at speed when driving the car, any leaking fluid gets thrown to the outside edges and with the amount of fluid loss you have had it would be noticeable on the brake drum back plate.

Good luck with sorting it out.

Comment

• Re: Problem with your car?

Originally posted by alland View Post
                      Oscar, if it was one of the slave cylinders leaking in a rear brake drum it would be quite easy to spot, as the brake drum turns at speed when driving the car, any leaking fluid gets thrown to the outside edges and with the amount of fluid loss you have had it would be noticeable on the brake drum back plate.

Good luck with sorting it out.
                      Yep - was semi aware of that - suppose its just coincedence that its happened regards my other thread - suppose stamping on the break could have done it, but it must have been in a sorry state anyway.

Servo will be coming off tomorrow so will see then.

Comment

My 6yr old niece called me a cu*t the other day!
                        Had you been at all curt with her?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          Had you been at all curt with her?
                          Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                          Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Going to hope Allan sees this before tomorrow afternoon.

Pretty sure its the master now.... 99% in fact. Whats the easiest way (if any) of removing excess fluid from the servo? (without taking it apart)

Can this be left to evaporate off at all?

Comment

Going to hope Allan sees this before tomorrow afternoon.

Pretty sure its the master now.... 99% in fact. Whats the easiest way (if any) of removing excess fluid from the servo? (without taking it apart)
                              Replace the servo.

Can this be left to evaporate off at all?
                              If brake fluid were to evaporate readily, it wouldn't be much use in hydraulic systems.

Comment

I had a similar problem on a car once - turned out to be the slave cylinder on the clutch, this located within the clutch bell-housing, & virtually impossible to see. The clutch & break fluid top-up tank was a 'common' unit, so a leak on the clutch could affect the brakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X