GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Work have pulled a fast one here..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Work have pulled a fast one here.....

Thank you both..... It's certainly not what I saw myself doing; it never occurred to me actually even though it's been suggested in the past.

Life's so strange at times.....
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

All the luck in the world xx
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Best wishes for what your future may hold P1 XX

Comment

All the best with going it alone P1...nothing ventured, nothing gained x
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Wow just caught up with this thread - sounds a great plan; sorry your union gave you such bad advice I do wonder sometimes what they do for their subs!

All the luck in the world.

Jane x

Comment

Thanks everyone..... I've not been on here for a while, as there's been lots to research, etc.

I've now got all advertising literature sorted, my Facebook page is up and running, I'm just finishing off my Practitioner/Client Agreement..... outlining mutual responsibilities; nothing legally binding though..... which leaves Professional Indemnity insurance to sort..... and them I'm all set.
              Remember the mantra:

Comment

It's sounding exciting. Good luck.

Comment

Good luck from me too P1
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hopefully you will get a tax refund as well.

Comment

Good luck - keep us up dated on how things are going.

Jane x

Comment

Looking like a great year hun xx
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

**Update**

Insurance is now in place, business cards have been printed, Facebook page is going well and the advertising will start next week. Like all new ventures, it will be slow to start but I'm prepared for that so it's all good in the hood. :-)
                          Remember the mantra:

Comment

I wish you all the best,
                            If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

How's the new business going P1? x
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Hi Pixie... and everyone....

Things are going well and I'm building things up slowly. It's been a journey of real highs and lows though, including lots of enquiries (highs) and then people getting scared and cancelling their consultations (lows). Nevertheless, I have some regular clients now and am continuing to build things up slowly.... There have been moments when I've thought about walking away. It's been hard to get my name out there but I've been fortumate to know someone who started up herself about a year ago doing something else..... so we've mentored each other through a lot of things. I woouldn't walk away from it now..... but some of the issues I hear from clients are horrendous.... and that's putting it mildly.... so self-care is an absolute must.

By the way..... the school I was at before is being closed down. I can't help but laugh..... They couldn't have managed their way out of a paper bag - lol!
                                Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
                                X