GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ATOS home visit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATOS home visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATOS home visit

Excellent info above, cheers folks.

My in law is getting very stressed, his appointment is tomorrow afternoon with ATOS as a home visit.
    I would be there for him but unable to unfortunately, as have some stuff going on the same time. I am hoping one of his best mates will be able give him some moral support.

I am having problems with downloading link of the questions they will possibly ask my in law, was going to send them on to him in order for him to be prepared, so does anyone have a copy of the questions please? (although he has trouble reading due to dyslexia issues, his mate should hopefully go through them with him before-hand).

Cheers.

Just some of the med conditions he has.

Worn back discs
    Depression/Anxiety disorders/social problems.
    IBS
    Suffers dyslexia.

He has been receiving DLA for almost 3 years, at Medium Rate Care, and High Rate mobility, and lives in a gound floor flat adpapted for disabled - rented by council authority, and a mobility car to help get him round.
    He suffers regular falls and uses a walking stick, gets help with the main of his daily tasks by family and friends, food delivered, he has no cooker but uses a microwave only, and he never remembers to order his repeat prescriptions, this is done for him.

Re: ATOS Medical

Sorry to ask this Di but how old is he? If he is eligible for State pension on or before April 2013 then he no need, as of right, to go through the ATOS medical. They can be told where to go and whistle.

regards
    Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
      Sorry to ask this Di but how old is he? If he is eligible for State pension on or before April 2013 then he no need, as of right, to go through the ATOS medical. They can be told where to go and whistle.

regards
      Garlok

Cheers Garlok.
      He is just 46 years old, but had an accident a few years ago.

Comment

Di,

Do you have a link ? the only site I know of with that information is benefits and work and you have to be a member at a cost of 19 odd quid to get access to it.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          Di,

Do you have a link ? the only site I know of with that information is benefits and work and you have to be a member at a cost of 19 odd quid to get access to it.

Thanks Pompey, yes that was the one I was trying for, maybe I should just send him the link and he could register and download etc, cheers hon

Comment

Sorry Di it was just a thought.

regards
            Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
              Sorry Di it was just a thought.

regards
              Garlok

That is fine Garlok, you wasn't to know

Something new learnt though, thank you.

Comment

Di,

I am a member there but would not like to breach any of there rules by downloading it to a non-member as they are quite stricked on this, however Ill have a search and see what I can find elsewhere.

Comment

Di,

I am a member there but would not like to breach any of there rules by downloading it to a non-member as they are quite stricked on this, however Ill have a search and see what I can find elsewhere.

Cheers Pompey and yes I fully understand that.

Thank you so much.

Comment

Looks like a good friend who is actually a former qualified nurse will be there for moral support for him, just received a text now, and this friend is also a good friend of mine and amazing, she said she will not allow them to humiliate him.

Apparently she had done this before and know what they are like at ATOS, so hopefully this will be a big help to him.
                    He is unable to cope under pressure and has social interaction issues as well.

Good luck to him.

Does anyone know if they let them know the outcome on the same day?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      Looks like a good friend who is actually a former qualified nurse will be there for moral support for him, just received a text now, and this friend is also a good friend of mine and amazing, she said she will not allow them to humiliate him.

Apparently she had done this before and know what they are like at ATOS, so hopefully this will be a big help to him.
                      He is unable to cope under pressure and has social interaction issues as well.

Good luck to him.

Does anyone know if they let them know the outcome on the same day?

Cheers.
                      Di,

No they don't they will send the report back to DWP and a decision maker will assess all the evidence and make his decision.

You can get a copy of the report from the DWP I got mine just by phoning the DLA unit at Blackpool.

I would do this asap but give it a week to get there then you can check it to make sure what they have reported is correct and if it's not complain to both DWP and ATOS.

Regards

Comment

Di,

No they don't they will send the report back to DWP and a decision maker will assess all the evidence and make his decision.

You can get a copy of the report from the DWP I got mine just by phoning the DLA unit at Blackpool.

I would do this asap but give it a week to get there then you can check it to make sure what they have reported is correct and if it's not complain to both DWP and ATOS.

Regards

Brilliant, thank you again Pompey.

Even though my son also has DLA as well (as you know) this actual matter is all new to me, but good to know as it may help me on my son's renewal next year, thank you. Your a star x

Comment

Di,

Your welcome, the reason you will not find out today is because the person doing the medical is only a HCP from ATOS they do not make decisions only the decision maker at DWP can do that and I would estimate you are still 6 weeks from that decision.

However like I say that gives YOU time to get the ATOS report from DWP and check it's accuracy.

Good Luck

Regards

Comment

Hi Di,
                            The actual form DL-140 seems to be guarded like the Holy Grail! I found this though which is a list of the questions: http://www.nwdial.org.uk/training%20..._questions.pdf

Might give you some idea if all else fails
                            Hope it all goes OK for him,
                            Shep x

Comment

Thank you Pompey and Shepherdess.

I see your point Pompey, that's great to know.

And Shepherdess, that too is very helpful, I'm sure it will be a great help.

Think he still nervous but he will get through it with our friend there I'm sure.

I shall keep you posted and and when we hear something.

Thank you all so so much xx

Comment

Working...
                              X