GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ATOS home visit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATOS home visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ATOS Medical

Unfortunately the friend did not turn up until a little time after the ATOS doc, due to some hold ups on the roads, and awkward twisted questions were asked from what I was told, he my (Former inlaw) was very stressed and had been physically sick unfortunately.

I am aware the ATOS doc asked inlaw to walk, to see how far he could, but there was no way without a walking aid he could do so.

Anyway, inlaw is going to request for a copy of the report just in case, but he still has his doubts.
    However, he did say the doc did not seem so hard on him when friend turned up, said who she was etc, but the remaining of it she helped him through with moral support.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Unfortunately the friend did not turn up until a little time after the ATOS doc, due to some hold ups on the roads, and awkward twisted questions were asked from what I was told, he my (Former inlaw) was very stressed and had been physically sick unfortunately.

I am aware the ATOS doc asked inlaw to walk, to see how far he could, but there was no way without a walking aid he could do so.

Anyway, inlaw is going to request for a copy of the report just in case, but he still has his doubts.
      However, he did say the doc did not seem so hard on him when friend turned up, said who she was etc, but the remaining of it she helped him through with moral support.
      ahh Di, i'm sorry to hear of what he went through....shame your friend was late but these things can't be helped sometimes. i hate ATOS Yes, definitely get a copy of the report!! all the best hun x

Comment

Di,

Thanks for update, yes give it a week then contact DWP for a copy of the report.

Contact details below:

• Contact point
          Disability Benefits Helpline - for Disability Living Allowance and Attendance Allowance
        • Address
          Disability Living Allowance Unit or Attendance Allowance Unit
          Warbreck House
          Warbreck Hill
          Blackpool
          Lancashire
          FY2 0YE
        • Phone number
          Helpline
          08457 123 456
        • Text phone
          08457 224 433
        • Email address
          DCPU.Customer-Services@dwp.gsi.gov.uk
        • Opening Hours
          Monday to Friday 7.30 am to 6.30 pm

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/DG_10011169

Comment

He seems a lot calmer today, and he said the ATOS GP used was an old GP from his own docs surgery and was originally the one who gave all the diagnosis.

Comment

Does anyone know if they let them know the outcome on the same day?
            It would be remarkable if they did, as the outcome is supposed to be determined by a 'decision maker' - paper-pusher - employed by the DWP.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              You can get a copy of the report from the DWP I got mine just by phoning the DLA unit at Blackpool.

I would do this asap but give it a week to get there then you can check it to make sure what they have reported is correct and if it's not complain to both DWP and ATOS.
              As well as the relevant professional body of the "healthcare professional(s)" involved if there is the least trace of malpractice.

Comment

Interesting thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
                  Hi Di,
                  The actual form DL-140 seems to be guarded like the Holy Grail! I found this though which is a list of the questions: http://www.nwdial.org.uk/training%20..._questions.pdf
                  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Comment

He ... said the ATOS GP used was an old GP from his own docs surgery and was originally the one who gave all the diagnosis.
                    A retired GP is obviously less concerned than a practising doctor if the General Medical Council were to erase him from the Medical Register.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                      A retired GP is obviously less concerned than a practising doctor if the General Medical Council were to erase him from the Medical Register.

Yes I can imagine!

However, this actual GP I found out they got rid of some years back from the surgery, due to many complaints, goodness knows and not that will make any difference whatsoever with my inlaws decision.

Comment

However, this actual GP I found out they got rid of some years back from the surgery, due to many complaints, goodness knows and not that will make any difference whatsoever with my inlaws decision.
                        Is that former GP still a registered practitioner?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          Is that former GP still a registered practitioner?

I'm really not sure CleverClogs.

Will try finding out.

Comment

Check here:

http://webcache.gmc-uk.org/gmclrmp_e...+Search+Applet

Comment

Thank you Pompey, some info of the GP below,

Doctor Details

Results of search on: 09 Jan 2012 at 12:49:58. The details shown are valid at the date and time of the search only.

Comment

If he misstates anything in the report, you should complain to the GMC.

Comment

Working...
                                X