GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSBC Flexi-Loan - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC Flexi-Loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC Flexi-Loan

I opened a HSBC Advance account 9/4/2010, was given a £250 overdraft in June & £1000 HSBC Credit Card

Am I correct in thinking after 6 months, 10/10/2010 I will have a behaviour score

Would like to apply for a flexi-loan to consolidate all my credit cards (4K) into 1 monthly payment with the ability to overpay etc..

How harsh is the credit scoring for a loan....do they not like granting credit for debt consolidation?

Re: HSBC Flexi-Loan

Originally posted by telecomengineer
    I opened a HSBC Advance account 9/4/2010, was given a £250 overdraft in June & £1000 HSBC Credit Card

Am I correct in thinking after 6 months, 10/10/2010 I will have a behaviour score

Would like to apply for a flexi-loan to consolidate all my credit cards (4K) into 1 monthly payment with the ability to overpay etc..

How harsh is the credit scoring for a loan....do they not like granting credit for debt consolidation?
    After 6mth your score will be too low to get a loan, they will decline you and say wait 12mth so pointless applying cos sometimes they say do not reapply for 6 months so it could backfire....

best way to beat the system is to go in after 6mth to branch and request an account review - this does a soft search on Experian and CallCredit and tells the advisor everything you've been pre-approved including loans and the amounts, overdraft amount and credit card limit.....

That's what I recently done - however after 6mths my score was still high (bear in mind i am debt free and at the time earned a lot of dosh) and I was pre-approved for all sorts and a loan for £12k if i remember....

My recent account review was fruitless cos they have blocked my account for credit (additional only) as a result of the damn incorrect link showing again but right now i'm not bothered too much - lol - i'll sort it one day - I need to go into branch to prove i'm not the other person, and true to form my attitude says why should I? You prove to me that I am him! lol... so they blocked me from additional borrowing. Muppets - but I still love em!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the advice...

when asked about "loan purpose" what is the best thing to say on the form

car
      home improvements (not home owner)
      debt consolidation
      wedding
      holiday

Comment

Not good to say 'debt consolidation' because lenders will have the experience of people doing that and then racking up all the original credit all over again.

Personally, I can see see arguments in favour of debt consolidation to get a lower rate of interest, but I cannot see that 'making just 1 payment' is all that big a deal. The downside of a consolidation loan is that you are then tied to paying it back on a relentless schedule.
        No longer a mod.

Comment

any update here.....?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X