GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Loans companies that except bonus's in their affordability checks - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loans companies that except bonus's in their affordability checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loans companies that except bonus's in their affordability checks

Hi Guys

Does anybody know which banks/loan companies except Salary bonus's as part of their affordability checks?. Recently went to my own bank (HSBC) and failed the affordability check as they only work on absolute basic wage.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Richard

Re: Loans companies that except bonus's in their affordability checks

Don't think there will be any. They will look upon at it as an extra that you MIGHT get. No Bonus is guaranteed to be given.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Loans companies that except bonus's in their affordability checks

Some banks/mortgage companies will but it depends on the frequency and reason for the bonus e.g. is it a guaranteed monthly bonus based on commission which may fluctuate but there will always be 'something' paid monthly. In this scenario some lenders will look at the average paid for the previous two years. Or is it an annual bonus based on performance/targets which most will ignore in affordability checks. Each lender has it's own criteria. Some will deduct travel expenses from your available funds while others will include Child Benefit to boost your income.

You've PMd me the name of your lender and in my experience High Street banks can be the toughest to satisfy. But just because one lender turns you down that doesn't mean another lender wouldn't make you an offer. All lenders have a website for intermediaries (the brokers who sell their products). You can usually find the lending criteria on those sites so you know whether you're wasting your time before you apply. Any application for credit shows on your CRA file. If a lender sees too many they'll assume you've been rejected by others and this unsettles them. So do your homework first to avoid setting yourself up for a rejection.

This thread relates to the OP's housing issue here:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post371760

Comment

Working...
      X