GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Can't have cheque book on BOS Silver Account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't have cheque book on BOS Silver Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't have cheque book on BOS Silver Account

Can anyone make this out? have an Halifax Reward account, overdraft, Clarity Card and loan. I then see the BOS Silver account, cheaper than the Reward and just as suitable.
    So applied online, got accepted, debit card sent etc, but no cheque book? It mentions in their literature it comes with a cheque book.

So rang telephone banking, first advisor said they would send one out, or would try to manually. Second advisor said I need to go into a branch and to do with an ''indicator''. But I'm in England, doing a Google search it said there was a BOS where I live, but it was actually an RBS Nid I'm Bosie from the other side (LOL) you may remember me?

With BOS owned by LTSB is it their strange customer profiling, no cheque book? I mean Halifax are now part of LLoyds, although I got my account with Halifax last year,before their systems merged.
    Also got a Clarity card and small loan with halifax.

Can you throw some light on this, seems odd, also now the cheque guarantee system has closed, it can't be as risky to send a cheque book. So will close it but just peed me off
    Last edited by Bosieb; 11 November 2011, 00:57.

Re: Can't have cheque book on BOS Silver Account

Originally posted by Bosieb View Post
    Can anyone make this out? have an Halifax Reward account, overdraft, Clarity Card and loan. I then see the BOS Silver account, cheaper than the Reward and just as suitable.
    So applied online, got accepted, debit card sent etc, but no cheque book? It mentions in their literature it comes with a cheque book.

So rang telephone banking, first advisor said they would send one out, or would try to manually. Second advisor said I need to go into a branch and to do with an ''indicator''. But I'm in England, doing a Google search it said there was a BOS where I live, but it was actually an RBS Nid I'm Bosie from the other side (LOL) you may remember me?

With BOS owned by LTSB is it their strange customer profiling, no cheque book? I mean Halifax are now part of LLoyds, although I got my account with Halifax last year,before their systems merged.
    Also got a Clarity card and small loan with halifax.

Can you throw some light on this, seems odd, also now the cheque guarantee system has closed, it can't be as risky to send a cheque book. So will close it but just peed me off
    Hiya

Weird, I just realised my second account with them (a select account) did not come with cheque book even though I have a "open" card, ie works on planes etc (not Electron) - I will ring and speak to them and update this afterwards, as I also want a chq book now.....

Hi btw, nice to see you here, remember we joined HSBC at the same time - well since then i've had a bloody nightmare with them and reported them to the FOS
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

So rang telephone banking, first advisor said they would send one out, or would try to manually. Second advisor said I need to go into a branch and to do with an ''indicator''. But I'm in England,
      I called them, had exactly the same conversation with the added extra (gettit?) of "it's your first book so you need to order it in branch" - so I explained it was not my first cheque book, as I already have one! I then went on to say "I live in Yorkshire, so how do you propose I get to my *nearest* branch" to which she went quiet and said, oh you can write in and request one.

I then asked "I guess I have a CPD marker then?" - she said no I did not.

All rather confusing but the jist of it is, send a letter in to the main address

Bank of Scotland
      75 George Street
      Edinburgh
      EH2 3EW
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Report the oafs to Trading Standards, as they appear to have breached the Trade Descriptions Act, CPUTR or both.

Until you do receive your cheque book, you could inscribe your payment instructions on a blank sheet of paper rather than on an official cheque form or, if more convenient, on an appropriate cow.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          I called them, had exactly the same conversation with the added extra (gettit?) of "it's your first book so you need to order it in branch" - so I explained it was not my first cheque book, as I already have one! I then went on to say "I live in Yorkshire, so how do you propose I get to my *nearest* branch" to which she went quiet and said, oh you can write in and request one.

I then asked "I guess I have a CPD marker then?" - she said no I did not.

All rather confusing but the jist of it is, send a letter in to the main address

Bank of Scotland
          75 George Street
          Edinburgh
          EH2 3EW
          Thanks niddy, I thought about the dreaded CPD marker, I forgot to ask them that. The last adviser seemed uninterested and said get another product Do you know if Halifax are using their customer profiling scoring? Only I rang Halifax up few weeks ago, I was asked did I need a ''top up'' on my loan?

So bit confused really, seems extreme about a cheque book, having to trudge to a branch about 140 miles away!

Hope you get HSBC sorted, I have an Advance account with them, but it's partly because of the life insurance. Because I have been ill previously I can no longer get insurance. Sorry to go off the topic.

Also, the BOS Silver is cheaper than LTSB's Silver account?

Bo

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            Report the oafs to Trading Standards, as they appear to have breached the Trade Descriptions Act, CPUTR or both.

Until you do receive your cheque book, you could inscribe your payment instructions on a blank sheet of paper rather than on an official cheque form or, if more convenient, on an appropriate cow.
            I know what you mean because it states a cheques book in their literature on this account. It's definitely not their basic account

Love your avatar!
            Last edited by Bosieb; 11 November 2011, 18:54.

Comment

They'll change their tune when they've had to deal with a few cows on which you've written a cheque.

Comment

Well, 4 months'a on I never got a cheque book, they said there was definitely no marker/indicator on my account.When I last logged in a few week's ago it said you can upgrade to the Gold Account
                I rang again and they said (phone banking)it looks like only a branch can order a cheque book, so it was closed. A 300 mile 'round trip to see if I could have a cheque book! When I got my HSBC a cheque book came automatically, the debit card on the Bank of Scotland is an open card, so I could in theory if I was on a plane get quite a bit of duty free stuff without their consent.

But no cheque book sent out, Niddy did you get a cheque book issued as you mentioned it on an earlier post?

Comment

Nope I forgot to write

I'll sort it next week and let you know

Comment

Nope I forgot to write

Write your next cheque on a live cow.

They'd demand that you use a cheque book after the beast has gone through clearing.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                      Write your next cheque on a live cow.

They'd demand that you use a cheque book after the beast has gone through clearing.
                      LOL that would certainly surprise them - love your humour CC

Comment

Nope I forgot to write

Look forward to hearing what they have to say

Comment

Working...
                        X