GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lloyds overdraft!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lloyds overdraft!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds overdraft!!

Ok, so on top of the credit cards that I have in my UE diary I also have a large overdraft with LloydsTSB

I want to get it paid off and will soon be able to pay a bit of it off which will enable me to put a monthly amount into the account to cover the interest and eventually pay it completely.
    Problem is that I also have a credit card with Lloyds (CCA requested mid July but not yet received any reply) so if I were to clear down part of it would they reduce the limit or would they try to offset the amounts I have not paid on the credit card against the theoretically available balance?

Secondly, has anyone had any luck with getting them to reduce the interest rate which would help me to pay it back more quickly? Not holding my breath on it but its worth a try. I don't see that there will be any way I would be able to get enough together to offer a final payment that they would accept so that option is out.

I am going to try and put a letter together tomorrow that will be strong enough to try and get them to help but not so strong that it pisses them off (will keep that for the credit card 2 ), if anyone has had some experience that may help it would be appreciated.
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Re: Lloyds overdraft!!

Hi

I had a credit card and also an overdraft with Lloyds. We were on a DMP for over 2 years, and we paid back £7200 into credit card.....only £1200 came off it, the rest went in interest. Lloyds would not reduce interest , let alone stop it. On the overdraft we owed £500, paying £15 per month on DMP, LTB were going to charge me £8 interest every month on that, so that is what made us decide to go donw the UE route........paid back the overdraft, but the CC is UE to the tune of £13500.!! :UE All I can say to that, is that is serves them right, they should have been helpful to us which they weren't at any stage.

Good luck if you manage to get reduced interest rates.

Comment

Re: Lloyds overdraft!!

Ouch!! Thanks for that, I will cobble together a letter while I have the laptop and get it off to them, at least I will have been proactive and tried to pay it.

Glad you got them for the CC though 2 why oh why can they not try to help us, it would get them so much more money back than being obstinate.
      When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Working...
      X