GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays bank charges - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays bank charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Re: Barclays bank charges

Originally posted by jj69 View Post
    Well no surprises there with this reply, although I did bring up missing issues from my last letter to customer services, off to FOS !!

Thank you for your email of 21 November addressed to our Chief Executive, Antony Jenkins. I have been asked to respond to your correspondence on Mr Jenkins’ behalf.

Our letter dated 1 April 2010 was our Final Response to your complaint. Whilst I am sorry you remain unhappy with our response to your complaint, you have not raised any new issues that would lead us to alter our position. In the circumstances you should refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review. Regrettably, I must advise you that we are not prepared to enter into any further correspondence or dialogue on this matter.

Please be assured that we will co-operate fully with any enquiries the Financial Ombudsman Service may make during the course of their investigation, and as previously stated you had six months from the date of our Final Response to refer the matter to them.
    Usual non-committal response, go to FOS,

Leave a comment:

• jj69
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    CEO --> antony.jenkins@barclays.com

Good luck with this....
    Well no surprises there with this reply, although I did bring up missing issues from my last letter to customer services, off to FOS !!

Thank you for your email of 21 November addressed to our Chief Executive, Antony Jenkins. I have been asked to respond to your correspondence on Mr Jenkins’ behalf.

Our letter dated 1 April 2010 was our Final Response to your complaint. Whilst I am sorry you remain unhappy with our response to your complaint, you have not raised any new issues that would lead us to alter our position. In the circumstances you should refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review. Regrettably, I must advise you that we are not prepared to enter into any further correspondence or dialogue on this matter.

Please be assured that we will co-operate fully with any enquiries the Financial Ombudsman Service may make during the course of their investigation, and as previously stated you had six months from the date of our Final Response to refer the matter to them.

Leave a comment:

• jj69
    replied

Good luck with this....
    Well to keep you updated email sent today with attached docs showin gprevious communication with Barclays customer service and also a breakdown of charges..
    Lets see what happens...

Leave a comment:

• jj69
    replied

Good luck with this....
    Guys...
    Here is my draft to send to the CEO , I have all docs from contacting Barclays customer services and also a breakdown of charges which I will attach to an email.
    Any thoughts on the details below, too nice, not direct enough etc ? please let me know.I have not included too much as everything else is broken down in the attached letters.

Dear Sir..
    It is with great regret that I have to write this email today in relation to a Barclays Bank account which I had held for around fifteen years until it was sold on to a debt collection agency in 2010 despite a number of issues still outstanding !
    Due to the loss of my job in 2007 and subsequently the loss of income the account was seriously overdrawn to the amount of £1357.88 the majority of this was charges from returned direct debits amongst other charges yet despite my requesting that all direct debits be cancelled some were left open in my opinion to gain more charges onto the account which proceeded in a snowball effect . At this period I was in a position of financial hardship and believe Barclays should have acted more sympathetically towards my account and your organisation had not followed the banking code of conduct.
    In total there are charges of £2600 from year 2006 to 2010 before it was sold on at a fraction of the outstanding amount I would assume.
    I attach a letter sent to Barclays customer services outlining my grievances and asking that all charges be refunded from 2006 to 2010 but this was dismissed and I could get no further action from customer services themselves.
    Therefore I have no other option then to take my complaint to a higher level above customer complaints and am requesting that my charges be refunded , I enclose a breakdown of those charges on a separate sheet.
    I hope that you are willing to follow up my complaint as I consider this a serious matter especially as this has now left a mark on my credit file and I am also having to deal with the debt collection agency while I dispute this account.
    If you are not willing or unable to follow up my complaint I ask that you do so in writing at the above address this will allow me to raise the complaint with the financial services authority to take further action.

Leave a comment:

• jj69
    replied

Good luck with this....
    Nice one Niddy ..straight to the top !

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Good luck with this....

Leave a comment:

• jj69
    started a topic Barclays bank charges

Barclays bank charges

Im Looking for a way to get Barclays to accept my claims for unfair charges on a sold on account.
    Basically from 2006 to 2009 there were charges totalling £2600.
    Account went overdrawn because of this to the tune of £1200 and sold on to a DCA (Cabot) who have had it a year and not been able to produce any paperwork but they are seriously screwing my credit file by updating it every month.I intend to send these lot a letter asking for the balance to be zero because of the above but thats another line I have to go down.
    Anyway sent loads of letters to Barclays who rejected my claims and said that was the end of it this was back in Feb 2011 so left it a while and went to FOS but they could not help as six months had elapsed.
    So I want to take Barclays to small claims court for breaking the banking code as I sure they may crack at this but would like to get it through FOS first so am wondering another way to raise this with Barclays rather than going through the customer services who just send out standard reply that the matter was ended in Feb 2011.
    Perhaps thinking of sending direct to the top ie director level and wonder if anybody else has taken this route and been successfull ?
Working...
X