GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

This is where I get concerned about thee Handy l:

What's wrong with two hair bands superglued on it...Bet you enjoyed the students tee hee

SC

Comment

One of the students asked me to take a deep breath, and again and again and again. After the 8th breath the Consultant stopped him and told him to try taking 8 consecutive deep breaths The poor Chap nearly passed out. I said I was ok just a mild case of hyper ventilation.

I bet he remembers to let his patient breath when he's doing for real. The consultant was doing a great job of teaching, shame their not all as good.

Regards all, Handy

BTW still sat in the rubber ring
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

And what's the rubber ring supposed to do? LOL

Maybe you squish a bit more

SC

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          No none of the above, Just a can of rather weak Lager tonight as I have a Hospital appointment in the Morning . I thought I was going to see a Doctor about my Prostrate, but I believe I have to see an Astronomer Well the letter from his Secretary said He wants to see you about your anus
          Did he get behind in his work?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            Did he get behind in his work?
            Not as much as his students

I shouldn't really be making light of this but at the end of the day I will be happy to know if I have anything to worry about

They want me back next week for more tests then the biopsy on valentines day. There has to be a gag in that!

I only went to the Apothecary because I felt I was getting up too many times in the night. I could manage 2 less visits if I poured the last flagon of Scrump down the Loo to save me the trouble.

How are you Clever, not seen you around for a few days.
            How's the Photography? I haven't had the time to do much of late.

Regards, Handy
            Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Now I said (promised Niddy) that I had said my last word on my post #1046 but just for interest I googled the main player in the company I mentioned. Low and behold he has started another company. Not wishing to go on or start a debate, I thought it was worth bringing this to folks attention. He has started a sort of All About for companies in trouble. It has a nice web site but no forum. It is a fee charging outfit offering advice on how to get out of bother with HMRC and VAT, and how to avoid insolvency. Well if anyone should know it is this chap. 37 registered companies at the last count with only 1 CCJ and no record of any accounts returned?

I also found something else out about the MD, remember he has just taken an undisclosed number of people for 75K by promising that they could sell their debt to them for £1.00 + 10% of the balance.

He is now bragging about how he started in Financial services with LTSB. Just about say's it all doesn't it?

Last edited by Handyman; 28 January 2012, 00:06.

Comment

Now I said (promised Niddy) that I had said my last word on my post #1046 but just for interest I googled the main player in the company I mentioned. Low and behold he has started another company. Not wishing to go on or start a debate, I thought it was worth bringing this to folks attention. He has started a sort of All About for companies in trouble. It has a nice web site but no forum. It is a fee charging outfit offering advice on how to get out of bother with HMRC and VAT, and how to avoid insolvency. Well if anyone should know it is this chap. 37 registered companies at the last count with only 1 CCJ and no record of any accounts returned?
                I'm sure there's a way of stopping him.

Just tell HMRC and let them jump all over his outfit.

By the time they've finished with him, there'll not be much left of his corporate empire, but he might be inspired to start another business.

Selling D-I-Y kits to make mailbags.

I also found something else out about the MD, remember he has just taken an undisclosed number of people for 75K by promising that they could sell their debt to them for £1.00 + 10% of the balance.
                Perhaps they should all sue him? He might have been running a limited company, but isn't it company law that, if one continues to operate a company that one knows (or should know) is insolvent, one can become personally liable for that company's debts?

He is now bragging about how he started in Financial services with LTSB. Just about say's it all doesn't it?
                Yes - it explains why he got caught!

Had he trained at RBS, he'd still be at his old scam.

Comment

One of the students asked me to take a deep breath, and again and again and again. After the 8th breath the Consultant stopped him and told him to try taking 8 consecutive deep breaths The poor Chap nearly passed out. I said I was ok just a mild case of hyper ventilation.

I bet he remembers to let his patient breath when he's doing for real. The consultant was doing a great job of teaching, shame their not all as good.
                  I expect that the student quack also wanted you to exhale.

Comment

Was it not bad enough that the consultant had 6 students waiting to examine me
                    I hope they did took turns rather than all doing so at once.

I always used to laugh at mates that got pulled in at the Airport for a glove search, never again will I laugh.

My idea of being well lubricated is to drink 1/2 a bottle of Scotch
                    I understand from conversations with a few people who indulge in such matters for pleasure that their preferred lubricant is the American cooking fat called Crisco.

Perhaps you can take something similar along for your next appointment and see if you've found another suitable use for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter?

(I've already found it's an ideal lathe turning lubricant for stainless steel.)

Comment

LOL guys....

Yeah you need lube Handy....

And dinnae forget that rubber ring

So the biopsy on valentines day? LOL Is that supposed to make or stop babies? A wee handy? Another?

Or a goat? You never know they could clone thee

I has the the flu

So in here all day on IRC etc and just generally vegging...i was sweating buckets @ 4am....time for the lukewarm bath (as opposed to Handy's freezing ice cold shower)

SC

Comment

Good Evening all. Handy would like some help from his mates. Now what I’m going to tell you is not debt related but you all know my dislike of Charlatans and Con Men. The help I need is how to get someone who has decided that this is the best course of action and has closed their mind to all arguments to look at the evidence before making a decision that could well cost them their life.

I am also going to post this story in 2 parts and throw in a few red herrings because the family of the person concerned are likely to be trawling the web for the same reason as myself and as this is close to home for Handy , I wouldn’t like to stick a noose round my neck.

Some background information. The person I am going to tell you about is from what we would call a rather privileged position.

She is mid 40’s with 2 teenage children. Public School and University educated. Her ex is a Merchant Banker, one of these million pound bonus guys that we all like. It was a violent relationship, he used to like to use his fist’s and I have personally seen the way he treat his son.

She did all right out of the divorce, which was a M+ settlement plus several £1000’s per month and the children’s education paid for.

Right to the meat of the story. Over a year ago she was diagnosed with a tumour in her breast. The lump was removed and a course of radio and chemotherapy arranged . She was due to start just after Christmas 2011, preparations included having a wig made and arranging for extra home support.

As her new partner is one of these Green Alternative Hippy Surfer types she decided against chemical intervention and instead tried a range of holistic therapies, mainly vegetarian diet based. She has seen some of the best Oncologists in the South West as well as Harley Street. All have recommended conventional treatment. As I have mentioned her financial situation you can see that waiting lists or getting to see the right Doctor hasn’t been a problem.

I will explain the reason for my being Cryptic as the person I’m talking about is Lady Hooray’s Daughter. That’s why in the next section I have changed I’s to 1’s and so on to confuse a Google search. I hope you understand.

Regards, Handy

Comment

Part 2

Well the tumour is now back and in the lymph nodes as well. As the tumour is now increased in size the medics want to shrink it with chemotherapy before a total mastectomy.

She now thinks she has found a perfect solution, I won’t name names I will leave you to Google the information as there is a lot of it on the WWW. She has been in touch with a chap in R0me who says he can cure the tumour by injecting it with B1 Carbonate of Soda, The cost is £20,000 and involves going to a clinic in Rumania to have a catheter fitted though which the B1 Carbonate and Vitamin C will be infused in the clinic in Rome at a further cost of £150.00 per day.

If I say that for every negative thing about this (struck off) Doctors claims there are 2 positive things said about him but only by the proponents of Alternative Therapy.

He has many supporters including David Icke who say’s that the reason his treatment is slated by mainstream medicine is that the large multi national drug companies want to suppress the news that all Cancers, Chronic Renal Failure and Diabetes can be cured by a few pence worth of Bak1ng Soda.

Now she say’s she has read all the articles for and against, and says she can see no good reason not to give this treatment a go if it will save her from conventional chemo, from which she thinks her body will never recover.

This chap has glowing testimonials on his web site, but I can’t find anyone who is still alive that can substantiate his claims.

He has already been in the dock for causing at least 1 death and found guilty of fraud, but was released early in a general amnesty in Italy a few years ago.

Now B1 carb has several proven medical uses and has been trailed as a cancer treatment in one way or another since the 1920’s. I even turned up an article from the University of Arrizona that shows it has promise as an addition to certain proven treatments.

I already have thought of several good reasons based on sound scientific reasons to avoid this treatment like the plague.

I would appreciate any ideas anyone may have that may give weight to the argument I’m putting together.

Regards to you all, Handy.

Comment

It is, of course, utter nonsense.

One of the main pH (acidity) buffering systems in the human body is based on carbon ate / b1 carbonate so, if that was all that was required, the body would already have healed itself. Likewise the Vit C - a commonplace antioxidant, she'll already have consumed more than she needs in a modern diet from fresh fruit and vegetables.

David 'the son of' Icke seems never quite to have returned from having gone right round the twist on the Wogan show, in which the former goalkeeper may have exhibited the health implications of having headed one football too many. You may recall that he declared himself to be the Son of God, or "a son of the Godhead" and that a mark of his divinity was that he was wearing a turquoise shellsuit.

Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 31 January 2012, 08:10.

Comment

He also claimed that earthquakes and tidal waves were the result of the pressure caused by the build-up of negative psychic energy within the Earth:

Quite simply, he gives me the impression that he has turned lunacy into a trade, business or vocation. His loony ideas and crackpot cosmology - link - make even less sense than the insane babbling of L. Ron Hubbard, the fat fraudster and drug-crazed founder of the $cientology cult.

As for the Ro man ian quack, challenge the pat ient to get testimonials from anyone who has lived five or ten years after his whack job 'therapy'.

Seriously, she'd do better to take Thalidomide which - link - has the curious property of hindering the growth of new blood vessels.
                              Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 31 January 2012, 08:14.

Comment

Hi Handy,

I would be extremely cautious about such alternative medicine. Unfortunately in the scientific areas of all disciplines including medicine, the more we find out the more we realise how little we actually know.

Conventional medicine has it problems, heaven knows I have had my own personal battles with it and its activists, but at least there are verifiable results both good and bad. As regards alternative medicine I can only look on it at the moment as a real last resort. If conventional medicine has nothing left to offer then yes the survival instinct would take me down that road. There are some things which are good but have verifiable scientific and empirical data to back them up. The classic most simple answer I can think of is the use of vitamin D supplements to assist in the early stages of arthritis. Thes can be found in a number of natural sources and are therefore claimed as alternative medicine successes.

Hope that helps a bit.

regards
                                Garlok

Comment

Working...
                                X