GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
    Bust to Bristol............... well it was the only place it could go.

xx
    Indeedy Loo

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Yep not too bad today, Old Lab had to go to vets for an operation, I'm trying to keep close to the phone waiting for news.

Cheers, Handy.
    Thinking of you Handy, know how you feel matey......love my doglees too
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi all, well sapper my old Chocolate Lab isn't doing too badly, BTW thats him on my avi when he was just a young lad. He has had a lump removed from his Bum which was giving him problems so he's feeling a bit uncomfortable at the moment.

Still he's got his own back on dad, as he was lying on his bed giving little whimpers, I got down along side him to stroke his ears and tell him it would be alright. Suddenly his head shot up and now Handy is sporting the best Glesga Kiss ever. If you are out and about in Chippenham tomorrow and you spot a wee guy in a tweed jacket with a shiner, it could be me.

Thanks to all my mates who asked after him.

Regards to all, Handy.

Ps back in a bit to tell you about today.
      Last edited by Handyman; 11 March 2011, 21:24. Reason: lousy spellar
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Ps back in a bit to tell you about today.
        Can't wait!
        Made by God...Improved by the Devil
        Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Quote Philnicandamy, You can tell a lot about a person by their car.

For example: if it's in a ditch, it's a woman.

Well back with the update as promised.

Going up to the Hall this morning I noticed the rear Bumper of Her Ladyships new car.

Well not brand new but bought in December. She had been looking for a 4x4 as a spare car ever since his Lordship wrote off his VW. It couldn’t look like a Landrover, Jeep, Mitsibushi, Toyoata, Honda , Subaru. In fact it couldn’t look like a 4x4. In the end she settled for a German Estate (rally car) that has so much ford sprung Duck technique that she can’t even start it up.

She already has a good car, but insisted she needed a 4x4 for if it snowed, so she could get up our lane. Others than myself suggested why go to the expense of a second car for just a few days a year. It was really that she thought she would impress people by having a spare parked on the drive.

During the first snow’s she managed to get it stuck because she couldn’t (hadn’t read the handbook) get it out of automatic.

When I saw her I asked if she had been testing the reverse park assist. I don’t think it works she said, I hit another car, then parked in the railings.

How bad is it? she asked, as if she hadn’t looked herself. Not good I said some of the scratches are deep. It only looks that bad because it’s dirty said Lady Hooray.

I would love it (the Hooray way of issuing an order) if you would wash the car for me this afternoon.
          I will get some touch up paint and T Cut.

Well as ordered I did what I could, I looks like someone has taken a wire brush to a football sized area on the rear bumper, The park alarm has gone faulty again, I have told her more the once (10 times in all) that if a buzzer sounds for more than 5 seconds when you go into reverse it’s Knackered.

I don’t think (in fact I know) that she doesn’t know what mirrors are for.

The day ended with me saying, I’m sorry that’s the best I can do with it. The response was it’s alright all my friends cars are scratched, its what happens when you live in the country. I thought its what happens when you have ½ a bottle of red at lunchtime and then insist on parking 2 feet away from the post office door.

The other thing is her terriers have scratched all the privacy glass and eaten 2 expensive leather rally seats and she still thinks if she sells it she will get back what she paid.

I will stick to the Handy’s Rolls Canardly at least I know where I stand with mine.

Regards, Handy.
          Last edited by Handyman; 11 March 2011, 23:44. Reason: Additional material
          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Glad doglee is ok Handy, Oh dear sorry about your black eye....there heads aren't half hard!!

I remember a elderly posh lady used to live next door to me in London and when she arrived home everyone in the street would look out of their curtains......she used to bump cars so she could park and when approached she said 'That's what bumpers are for darlings'
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

How to spot a Hooray very useful...... known as nickname (ahem Handy), double barrelled surname (Handy-Man) & clothing (I shall be spotted in Cheltenham in my tweed jacket)

Time to admit it Sir Hooray Handy-Man you've been busted!
              Oh how I like to amuse myself....
              I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.
              Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines from your bum

Comment

I will stick to the Handy’s Rolls Canardly at least I know where I stand with mine.

Regards, Handy.

Usually behind, pushing it
                It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by findingaway View Post
                  How to spot a Hooray very useful...... known as nickname (ahem Handy), double barrelled surname (Handy-Man) & clothing (I shall be spotted in Cheltenham in my tweed jacket)

Time to admit it Sir Hooray Handy-Man you've been busted!
                  Oh how I like to amuse myself....
                  Close findingaway, but no coconut. When Handy has a day off he cleans up well, there has been a time or two when I was mistaken for Lord Hooray and his Lordship for the Gardener.

Anyway I was in Chippenham not Cheltenham. The tweed Jacket is my old game keeping coat from my Highland days. When I put it on I still look like a wurzel.

I have to admit I can be a touch flamboyant in my dress, ask Numpty. When i met him in a pub up in Numpty Land I told him he would know me as I would be wearing a Green waistcoat, and a Cravat.

If I had known what his local was like I would have worn my DM's and a Donkey Jacket.
                  (only kidding Numpty).

Keep going though, I am Handy - Man Master of disguise.

Regards, Handy.

Comment

What's an ipp or an elt between friends lol
                    Are you this man?:dreadlockr him?:heror him?:beard:

Comment

Close findingaway, but no coconut. When Handy has a day off he cleans up well, there has been a time or two when I was mistaken for Lord Hooray and his Lordship for the Gardener.

Anyway I was in Chippenham not Cheltenham. The tweed Jacket is my old game keeping coat from my Highland days. When I put it on I still look like a wurzel.

I have to admit I can be a touch flamboyant in my dress, ask Numpty. When i met him in a pub up in Numpty Land I told him he would know me as I would be wearing a Green waistcoat, and a Cravat.

If I had known what his local was like I would have worn my DM's and a Donkey Jacket.
                      (only kidding Numpty).

Keep going though, I am Handy - Man Master of disguise.

Regards, Handy.
                      you'd have been over dressed mate

the nodad was a bit noticable
                      they still talk about it
                      It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Anyway as we are talking about dress, this is 100% true. Last week Lady Hooray aked me to pack Lord Hooray's Smoking Jacket in a suitcase as she was giving it to his sons.

I said is that a not good idea I will have put it out before I pack it. Whoosh over her head.

What are you on about she said, I said well if it's smoking it has to be a fire risk.

It could have come from a Monty Python sketch.

In the end she realised what I meant, Ooh Handy your a Card. Thats as much as a giggle as you can raise.

Regards to all, Handy.

Comment

I have to get the outdoor eating area ready for she hopes it will be fine for them to dine outside.

Sunday lunch lasts 4 -5 hours and @ 2 dozen bottles of red, then they all drive home.
                          Right it's March, the clocks haven't gone back yet, Its Snowing in Scotland and what happens, they have Lunch outside. T shirt weather, cloudless blue skies, and a lunch that lasts from 12:30 till 6:00

I was always told that the sun shines on the Righteous.

So why do I feel if I fell in a barrel of nipples would I come out sucking my thumb.

If I had said we will have a BBQ it would have been a hailstorm.

Regards all, Handy.

Comment

Right it's March, the clocks haven't gone back yet, Its Snowing in Scotland and what happens, they have Lunch outside. T shirt weather, cloudless blue skies, and a lunch that lasts from 12:30 till 6:00

I was always told that the sun shines on the Righteous.

So why do I feel if I fell in a barrel of nipples would I come out sucking my thumb.

If I had said we will have a BBQ it would have been a hailstorm.

Regards all, Handy.
                            mmm maybe cos you're not righteous - you're wicked

Comment

Originally posted by findingaway View Post
                              mmm maybe cos you're not righteous - you're wicked
                              I have a funny feeling your right. I have tried to go through life doing what I can to be fair and keep myself and others on the straight and narrow.

Some of the biggest rouges I have met always seem to come up smelling of roses whatever they do. Mrs Handy always says if the fell in a sewer they would find a Mars Bar.

Me on the other hand, (and I'm not looking for sympathy) when things start to go right, it always gets followed shortly after by a disaster. Still I don't worry about it after ?? years I'm used to it.

Always Look on the bright side.

Regards, Handy.

Comment

Oh now I feel guilty I was only messing about! I think you & Mrs Handy are spot on though the rogues always seem to land on their feet. Just remember God loves a trier You're one of the nicest people I cyber know
                                Have a good day Handy Man-Master (of disguise)

Comment

Working...
                                X