GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Gerry, Absolute Classic.

Keep them coming. I must get round to telling some more stories aboot ma unca Micky McHandy. You would have liked him. One of lifes Gentlemen and a total rouge.

Regards Handy.
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty Monkey View Post
      To many wierd people down your way mate
      If you ever get down this way, you can meet some of them yourself. There are eccentrics everywhere, but for some reason we seem have got more to the square mile than anywhere else. (apart from the Highlands).
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        If you ever get down this way, you can meet some of them yourself. There are eccentrics everywhere, but for some reason we seem have got more to the square mile than anywhere else. (apart from the Highlands).
        This reminded me of some of the characters in Ochyasassenach, real Chookters (hill billies) all of them.

It got me thinking about when I used to live up in the Highlands, looking after the chickens for the old Lady Liard was part of my job.

Now these chickens had the best of everything, if the old girl had worked out cost per egg, they would have been £1.00 each. The chickens were kept until they died of old age or a Fox or Pine Martin got them.

Occasionally she would order a dozen replacements from a chap over on Skye who was known only as Chicken Donny or Donald the Hen.

Now Chicken Donny had a novel way of getting the Hens to us. He would take them to Portree and put them on the Inverness Coach.

When the Coach Driver got to the Bridge at Invergary, he would go to the public phone box and tell me that they had arrived. I would get there some half an hour later to find them in a cage waiting for me.

One time the Driver thought it was two warm for them to go in with the luggage and as the coach was half empty sat the cage on the back seat.

This time I was waiting at the bus stop and when I walked up to the back of the coach there were 12 hens perched in the rear window waiting for me.

The Driver was none too pleased about the mess on the back seat but couldn’t say much as it was he who had put them there.

All these chickens were well cared for and acted as they had been hand reared. One of the new ones got my attention by pecking my ankles. It took me a while to realise that it was asking to be picked up. It had to have a cuddle every morning. Handy has a way with the Birds. It would sit on top of the gate to the hen house and then follow me round as I did the food and water. On the days I needed the barrow it used to perch on the handle waiting for me. It almost put me off roast chicken for life. Well I couldn’t eat a mate could I.

Regards, Handy.

Comment

I just love this thread......

Although I have just had a thought in my head of Handy chasing If round cyber space in Benny hill styleeeee

xx

Comment

Hi If, looks like I've been chasing you round cyber space from next door.

You said you could do with a fire, would you like to borrow mine from the Old Pig Sty.
            Mind you If I don't catch up with my mate Grizzly the Log Man tomorrow, I will have to resort to cutting down another tree.

Cheers all, Handy.
            It does doesn't it x

Oooh love the fire Handy

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post

Although I have just had a thought in my head of Handy chasing If round cyber space in Benny hill styleeeee

xx
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post

xx
              Only If If's wearing the Benny Hill Nurses outfit.

Comment

Only If If's wearing the Benny Hill Nurses outfit.
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry

“Just like that"....
                  Though I love Benny Hill and I can see the similarities, I always thought I was more like this chap.

Oooh Nickers, Nackers and Nockers.

Comment

Though I love Benny Hill and I can see the similarities, I always thought I was more like this chap.

Oooh Nickers, Nackers and Nockers.
                    You're far wrong

now wheres the rest of the Benny Hill mob running very quickly
                    It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Originally posted by Gerry
                      CHILDS PLAY

swapping comics,fixing bikes
                      kick the can,all day hikes
                      conkers,kerby,telling jokes
                      sharing sweets from little pokes
                      dandy,beano,victor,toppers
                      sweetie cigs and chelsea whoppers
                      oor wullie and the broons
                      tom and jerry cartoons
                      making airfix model planes.
                      oh the things we did when we were weans......

What days, I remember them well, I think?

Young Handy.

Comment

Morning All, Cold again isn't it.

Well her Ladyship is back on form again firing out orders about what she wants and doesn't want.

She must have seen her arse in the mirror when she got up this morning.

Handy has been put on sweeping duties. I have to wait until she goes out then I can get the leaf blower on the go.

First complaint was about paint brushes in the sink in the outhouse. Can you clean them away she said, your stuff should be kept in your garage.

I said it's my stuff that's painted your Table, Cupboard, chairs and Log Box, and respectfully if you could make your mind up about what color you want on things I could pack them away, but until the jobs finished what's the point.

I can feel a work to rule coming on.

Regards all, Handy.

Comment

At least they are in the outhouse, eh Handy - hubby has been known to wash his out in my kitchen sink (brushes, that is!).
                          If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty Monkey View Post
                            You're far wrong

now wheres the rest of the Benny Hill mob running very quickly
                            I got the Benny Hill Theme tune runing round in my head now.......

Morning All, Cold again isn't it.

Well her Ladyship is back on form again firing out orders about what she wants and doesn't want.

She must have seen her arse in the mirror when she got up this morning.

Handy has been put on sweeping duties. I have to wait until she goes out then I can get the leaf blower on the go.

First complaint was about paint brushes in the sink in the outhouse. Can you clean them away she said, your stuff should be kept in your garage.

I said it's my stuff that's painted your Table, Cupboard, chairs and Log Box, and respectfully if you could make your mind up about what color you want on things I could pack them away, but until the jobs finished what's the point.

I can feel a work to rule coming on.

Regards all, Handy.

Silly Mare!!!!!!!!

Diddles was wondering what you were going to say that Mr Diddles rinsed out in your sink.... thank god you said brushes

Comment

I was thinking the same as Looloo diddles. Aah Handy you were a cutie......wouldn't it be lovely just to be a lady for a day so you had to be listened to?? Except if you had a cheeky handyman
                              I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.
                              Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines from your bum

Comment

Originally posted by findingaway View Post
                                I was thinking the same as Looloo diddles. Aah Handy you were a cutie......wouldn't it be lovely just to be a lady for a day so you had to be listened to?? Except if you had a cheeky handyman
                                I'm only like this so that the Hooray's know their place in this world.

Like In the Army, the Corporals let the Sergeant's let the Sergeant Majors, let the Officers think they run things. It's the little people (the Doozers) who make things work.

As for Lady Hooray listening to anyone, if it's not what she want's to hear, no matter how impractical or ridiculous she just ignores you. She admits she does, she only listens to her friends who are even less bright than she is.

Remember Jeeves and Wooster, Well she plays a good Wooster..

Another story coming up in a few minutes.
                                Regards to all, Handy.

Comment

Working...
                                X