GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script You Couldn't Make It Up! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Couldn't Make It Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Couldn't Make It Up!

Anyone in trouble with Lloyds TSB and reclaiming PPI? Well I heard this today. Elder brother's new lady friend, his old secretary from the late 70's, had a letter from Lloyds TSB 3 months ago telling her that she ought to go in an see her bank manager at her local branch. (do they still have such things --- managers or branches I hear you ask). She was informed on attending like a naughty school girl about to get her legs slapped that she had in fact been miss sold PPI on a loan which she had totally forgotten about and dated back to about 1991.She was encouraged to make formal complaint and they coughed up the best part of £13K 7 weeks later as simple as that! Blimey.

She then looked at her old credit card that she had with them and sure enough incorporated with that was yes--- you guessed PPI. She phoned in and got the relevant claim form, sent it off.

Had a letter back this week from an Indian, (Hindu not Red).

"Dear Mrs XXXXXX,

We duly acknowledge receipt of your complaint in that you allege you were miss sold PPI with your Lloyds TSB credit card. We cannot uphold your complaint. We are fully aware that at the time of you applying for this card, you were in full employment, had a significant redundancy package available to you, you were entitled to full pay in the event of sickness for a minimum of twelve months and that you specifically did not request PPI. We recognise that you were ineligible to receive any benefit from this insurance policy. However in light of all this we will not be paying out any refund or compensation as we cannot uphold your complaint. This is a final response. If you are dissatisfied with our findings, you may make representations to the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of the date of this letter, etc.

Yours -----

Jagdish Doodah Alywobble Singh
    Senior Complaints Handler "

How many toes has this idiot got left? Or how many rounds left in the gun that he has used to shoot himself in the foot?

l l l l

regards
    G (choking on my evening coffee) And the very future of this country lies in the hands of cretins like this?

Re: You Couldn't Make It Up!

Same thing happend with a friend of mine, got a letter from Lloyds saying that she was miss sold PPI, when she made a claim, they refused it, sent her a copy of her application, and managed to get hold of the recordings as it was all done on the telephone.

The application clearly shows the lady on the phone circled PPI and also stated she had over 6 months of savings to cover any sickness. The phone call recording clearly shows her saying no to PPI.

Shes now gone back to them to ask them to explain how its refused if its clearly evident that she said she didnt want it, shes now waiting to see what happens.

Truth is, its a delay tatic, they know shes right, but obviously hoping to go to FOS, which will take around 12 months.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: You Couldn't Make It Up!

Well, an update to this. Lady went to the FOS with this letter and formal complaint. Fos instructed Lloyds to supply them with the relevant information by a certain date . Letter copied to lady in questions. Lloyds failed in their obligations and ignored FOS. FOS now adjudicated in her favour by default and have instructed Lloyds to cough up forthwith within fourteen days. She had this final decision from the ombudsman last Tuesday. I find it very hard to comprehend that FOS can move so fast. Or do they just hit a pile of open and shut cases like this one to clear desks?

regards
      G

Comment

Working...
      X