GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sir Fred Goodwin's RBS apology to be broadcast - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sir Fred Goodwin's RBS apology to be broadcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir Fred Goodwin's RBS apology to be broadcast

Sir Fred Goodwin's RBS apology to be broadcast

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 17th October 2011 17:29.

Footage of Sir Fred Goodwin apologising to Royal Bank of Scotland shareholders is to be shown on television for the first time. The BBC Scotland...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Sir Fred Goodwin's RBS apology to be broadcast

Boost for campaign to strip Sir Fred of knighthood

The campaign to strip Sir Fred Goodwin of his knighthood gathered fresh momentum after a member of the independent panel overseeing last year’s inquiry in the collapse of Royal Bank of Scotland judged that the report amounted to a regulatory “censure” of the former RBS chief executive. Under the honours system, recipients can be made to hand back an award if they are “censured by the relevant regulatory authority for actions which are directly relevant to the granting of an honour”, the Honours Forfeiture Committee rules state.

Giving evidence to the Treasury Select Committee about the Financial Services Authority’s report into RBS, Sir David Walker, a City veteran and former chairman of Morgan Stanley International, accepted that the findings amounted to an official censure. Under questioning by Michael Fallon MP, Sir David said the report had censured Sir Fred by drawing attention to the “accumulation of poor decisions which were poor by the standards of the time”. David Cameron has already asked the Honours Forfeiture Committee to review the knighthood and has particularly requested the FSA report be taken into account......Read more here---: Boost for campaign to strip Sir Fred of knighthood - Telegraph
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Censured! Disgraced Sir Fred a step closer to losing knighthood

Senior Whitehall officials are to meet within days to discuss stripping Sir Fred Goodwin of his knighthood. Senior Whitehall officials are to meet within days to discuss stripping Sir Fred Goodwin of his knighthood. The move comes after an independent expert overseeing a report into the collapse of the Royal Bank of Scotland confirmed it amounts to a ‘censure’ of the disgraced banker. The explosive verdict by Sir David Walker, one of the City’s most respected veterans, adds to pressure for Sir Fred to have his honour, granted for ‘services to banking’, revoked. Sir Fred, 53, steered the banking giant to the biggest corporate disaster in British history, leaving taxpayers with a £45billion bill for its rescue....Read more HERE

Strip 'Freddy' Fred Goodwin of ALL his status (Notice that i NOT even used Sir - Not even a Bowl of Scottish Oats in a prison cell is worthy for him)
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
        Strip 'Freddy' Fred Goodwin of ALL his status (Notice that i NOT even used Sir - Not even a Bowl of Scottish Oats in a prison cell is worthy for him)
        I agree mate but also asset-strip him and make him repay as much as he can into the tax-pot, that he and his croonies openly stole money from....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The fact that the honours system would even consider giving Goodwin a title confirms to me that it's a bankrupt system that is not worth the hot air it's built upon. I refuse to call anyone by some poncey title because the 'great and the good' have deemed I should.

Let the tosser keep his title and dwell in what I see as Roger Water's Fletcher Memorial Home. It's his pension and golden parachute that I want to see him stripped of. Now that would be worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by roomtobreathe View Post
            Let the tosser keep his title and dwell in what I see as Roger Water's Fletcher Memorial Home. It's his pension and golden parachute that I want to see him stripped of. Now that would be worth watching.
            Can that be a weighted 'Gold Parachute-with no Rip Cord'

Comment

The Media commentary and criticism, and the Super Inunction, are the best reads on Wikipedia about him.....

Fred Goodwin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

June 2004 - Knighted in the Queen's 2004 Birthday Honours list, for services to banking -

Comment

RBS shareholders 'to sue bank and Goodwin' over losses from 2008 rights issue

Shareholders in Royal Bank of Scotland will take legal action to recoup losses they sustained from a rights issue in 2008, shortly before the bank was nationalised, it was reported today. A source told the Press Association that London law firm Bird & Bird had sent a letter of claim to the bank on behalf of a substantial group of shareholders - but RBS said it had not been served with proceedings. Earlier, The Independent reported that the claim would total £2.4billion on behalf of 7,400 private shareholders.

Investors, represented by the RBS Shareholders' Action Group, are making the claim against the bank and a small group of former directors including Fred Goodwin, who was chief executive of the bank when it was rescued by the British taxpayer, a legal source said.....Read more here---: RBS shareholders' to sue bank and Goodwin' over losses from 2008 rights issue

Comment

Working...
                X