GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard gives its 10.5m customers free access to credit scores - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard gives its 10.5m customers free access to credit scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard gives its 10.5m customers free access to credit scores

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 19th November 2015 10:13
    as data shows six in ten have never checked theirs

Barclaycard will offer its customers free, regular access to their Experian credit score from Friday, This is Money can reveal. The credit card giant, which has 10.5million customers, will offer the service online and then roll it out to its mobile app from January. The credit card provider says the Experian tie-in aims to help customers 'understand their financial footprint and get on top of their finances.' The move comes after it was revealed today that Barclaycard customers will see the rate on their credit card move in line with base rate from February 2016. Research suggests that despite an individual's credit history playing a crucial part in the ability to borrow money and obtain the best deals, only 39 per cent of people have checked in the past.
    Around a quarter currently know their credit score. Of those who do not know their rating, almost a third of people feel confident that their credit history is so good they don't need to check it.

Furthermore, 26 per cent don't want to pay to access it. Many credit score providers offer the first month free – after that, people have to cancel it or be charged a monthly fee, usually around £15. Barclaycard customers will be able to see their Experian credit score. They'll then get helpful tips on how they can improve it – and in the near future, customised advice on how to improve it. It says the move will help customers understand its decisions, such as whether they will offer a credit limit increase.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Barclaycard gives its 10.5m customers free access to credit scores

Originally posted by AAD News Feed View Post
    Yes, and the REAL reason they do this is because it then triggers a search / update for dormant accounts and thus allows them to trace more debtors.

As we always say, if you're in debt and/or utilising the UE route then your credit score / report is as useful as a chocolate fireguard - save your energy and don't worry about it. If you're not in debt then it's a good little freebie but then I've always said it's wrong to charge for info that people use against you and thus in my opinion CRA access should be free - period.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Here to someone winning the Euro tonight
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
        Here to someone winning the Euro tonight
        i hope you do buddy
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

good luck to everyone
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's hard enough to win euromillions on a Tuesday or Friday. On a Thursday it's a little trickier than that.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
              It's hard enough to win euromillions on a Tuesday or Friday. On a Thursday it's a little trickier than that.

M1

Well spotted

Comment

All I can say is everyone can take a flying leap! I have won and spent £101,000,000, And now you know why I am here

Comment

Working...
                X