GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Charities welcome change to HMRC’s debt recovery powers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charities welcome change to HMRC’s debt recovery powers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charities welcome change to HMRC’s debt recovery powers

Charities welcome change to HMRC’s debt recovery powers

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 16th October 2015 16:03
    Debt advice charities have welcomed a change to the Finance Bill on HMRC’s new power to recover debts directly from personal bank accounts. The amendment says HMRCmust consider whether a person is at a particular disadvantage in dealing with their Revenue and Customs affairs and act accordingly. StepChange Debt charity and Money Advice Trust responded to the change after it was debated at parliament yesterday (October 16). Peter Tutton, head of policy at StepChange Debt Charity, said: “We are pleased to see that the government has responded to concerns that HMRC’s new power could have a negative effect on financially vulnerable people.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Charities welcome change to HMRC’s debt recovery powers

This fails to address the point that the new power can only be used if a debtor has over a certain amount of money in their account (15k I think) and only then isn't needed for things such as mortgage, bills, vat, paye and tax payments. Debtors are a long way off from ever coming across these powers
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X