GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Benefit cap 'could be lowered - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benefit cap 'could be lowered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefit cap 'could be lowered

Benefit cap 'could be lowered

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 16th July 2013 10:23.

Chancellor George Osborne is considering lowering the maximum amount families can claim in benefits to £20,000 a year, Treasury sources say. A...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Benefit cap 'could be lowered

These proposed new changes look great. Lower the cap, stop paying after child 2 and cessation of housing benefits to u-25's.

However you look at it, it is a good thing. At the end of the day most people do have 1 or 2 kids and a lot of that is to do with affordability so why should someone on sustained benefit have kid after kid whilst we fund it? It's crap and these changes must be pushed through for the benefit of the whole tax paying unit.

Some will moan and shout from the rafters but to that I say, get a feckin job then and support your own chavs!!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      These proposed new changes look great. Lower the cap, stop paying after child 2 and cessation of housing benefits to u-25's.

However you look at it, it is a good thing. At the end of the day most people do have 1 or 2 kids and a lot of that is to do with affordability so why should someone on sustained benefit have kid after kid whilst we fund it? It's crap and these changes must be pushed through for the benefit of the whole tax paying unit.

Some will moan and shout from the rafters but to that I say, get a feckin job then and support your own chavs!!
      Agreed. As long as people know the system will support them and their offspring they will continue to pop out kids
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I watched that shitty chav program on TV the other week, where we (the taxpayer) were funding him and his god knows how many chavs to smoke, drink, party, go to caravans etc - sorry, that's wrong.

Anyway, best I don't get started on this - it's a sore point for me. I absolutely detest spongers. Not those that try and make their own lives, I mean those that milk it cos it's easier for them to do that then get 3 jobs. Sorry mate, you wanna shag like a Duracell bunny then you'll bloody pay for the resulting chavs - maybe then these scroats would consider wearing a jacket first!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          maybe then these scroats would consider wearing a jacket first!
          it seems to be getting worse too. Its a sore subject. We all know of people who live near families appearing to do nothing, yet on the face of it still have a reasonable standard of living.
          Put simply, they have put nothing in to the system yet sucking everything out.
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Prime example --> Jobless couple who claim £27,000 a year benefits want a new council house because they've had SIX children 'by accident' while living in a one-bedroom flat | Mail Online

Comment

We all know/hear of people who know how to play the system BUT not everyone who is on benefits is a chav
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

By accident..... Says it all. Assuming their job in 2005 wasn't paying them 27k then under the current benefit scheme are not going to work unless they are being paid a lot more than that because they get that amount without working. Complete madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                  We all know/hear of people who know how to play the system BUT not everyone who is on benefits is a chav
                  Haha I'm stereotyping aimed at the main culprits. Not everyone

Comment

Niddy's said it all really.

Comment

Sorry to disagree on this occasion Niddy, but what you hear is only half the story especially when you look at the statictics which paints an entirely differant picture and lets not forget IDS is well known for lying that is a fact and is why he has been called to answer to the works and pensions committee.

This is all devide and rule baloney further fuelled by the bullshit in right wing press, you take the benefits cap do you know that despite IDS's words the disabled are NOT excluded and severe disability allowance is a benefit included in the cap as is ESA and IB furthermore DLA and PIP will also be included after 2015.

Whilst I believe that there are layabouts not worthy the fact is these still walk the streets after nearly 3 years of a coalition Government nothing will change there and by introducing this cap who will suffer? the kids who do not deserve poverty or caused this mess those layabouts will cut the childrens expense to carry on buying the fags and the booze

As for the rents were the majority of benefits goes that remains too high with a large proportion going off shore and avoiding taxation.

I am also fed up with the wrong use of the word taxpayer as if only the working population pays tax when the truth is everyone does as it is set that no one can escape the cluches of HMRC indeed soon as you leave education you will pay tax whether it be fuel duty, utility tax, VAT, insurance premium tax or indeed the many other taxes

We are also all benefit claimants of some form even the working population inc high earners.

As for the NHS going through the ringer today do not believe all that baloney it is based on wrong statistics and is merely a tool to change peoples thinking to make the change to private a lot easier

What makes them think a private NHS will be better than public owned? as you can bet that shareholders will go before patient care.

Finally FRACKING have you seen the maps wherethis will happen? right under my home for one, we all need to wise up on this as lawsuits are already happening in the states and the same will happen here because it is a dirty disgusting method of extracting gas that will do more harm than good.

Plenty of complaints regarding wind or solar energy but given the choice Id rather that because at least it is clean.

There are many unemployed now through no fault of there own indeed many due to this coalitions policies as well as the long term ill and disabled who are unfairly taking all this flak.

There needs to be some targeted compassion and empathy because otherwise I can see this nation heading for the pan.
                      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 16 July 2013, 19:28.

Comment

Don't know all the ins and outs of this, but. Next door neighbours are moving due to bedroom tax, good news. I sometimes wish that I could get up at whatever time I felt. Didn't have to worry about work. Drink in the garden with loud music on until the early hours. Throw my rubbish into the garden and just let it build up. etc. My only worry is, who moves in next, they have to have kids to qualify. Hope we get nice new neighbours.

Comment

It is not just this but the bigger picture we must all look at:

Cameron:Is he the worst prime minister in British history. - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Working...
                          X