GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script lewis investigations services to close - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lewis investigations services to close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewis investigations services to close

lewis investigations services to close

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 2nd November 2012 18:59.

ewis investigations services (LIS) is to close as the parent company looks to refocus on core areas. Parent company lewis group will now focus on...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: lewis investigations services to close

Never like people to lose their jobs but maybe some of these leeches will see it from the other side.

You only need an unexpected change in circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
      Never like people to lose their jobs but maybe some of these leeches will see it from the other side.

You only need an unexpected change in circumstances.
      I can't sympathise with these people. Having been on the receiving end of telephone calls in the past they deserve all they get. It's almost as though some of them enjoy being pricks on the phone..

Comment

From their website.

All investigators are subject to "rubber heel" audits.

Are these rubber heels attached to the jackboots?

Comment

"Doing debt differently"? How?

As far as I can see they're closing down the investigations department...which must take up a lot of time and resources (money) with only a "possibility" of a result...to concentrate on debt collection and litigation ie harassing debtors and the part of the business that doesn't require as much effort.

What's different about that?

Thank goodness we have forums which help us to fight back.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I did read that which made me go and read up on the website.

The investigations deal with things like "suspect claims for free animal treatment"

No mileage in beating up people who want to treat poor sick cute furry animals.

But if your are a human its ok.

Comment

I didn't go as far as looking at their website...I have enough of that when I have to pay them every month!

So it's still a case of going for the easier target...

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                As far as I can see they're closing down the investigations department...which must take up a lot of time and resources (money) with only a "possibility" of a result...to concentrate on debt collection and litigation ie harassing debtors and the part of the business that doesn't require as much effort.
                I'm afraid that's how I read it too. Forget tracing people and writing them letters - just issue claims online through Howard Cohen using Northampton CCBC and get a SJ at the wrong address

Comment

"Doing debt differently"? How?

What's different about that?

Thank goodness we have forums which help us to fight back.
                  Hi,
                  Lewis had me in court after a couple of weeks (enforceable debt) but I was too slow in responding to them. whether they new it was En I guess I wont ever know.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                    Hi,
                    Lewis had me in court after a couple of weeks (enforceable debt) but I was too slow in responding to them. whether they new it was En I guess I wont ever know.
                    They thought my Santander debt was EN and that cost their client £50k in legal costs when it turned out not to be Lewis and Howard Cohen don't bother to check whether an account is they issue proceedings first and then they read the paperwork afterwards if they can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                      They thought my Santander debt was EN and that cost their client £50k in legal costs when it turned out not to be Lewis and Howard Cohen don't bother to check whether an account is they issue proceedings first and then they read the paperwork afterwards if they can find it.
                      Hi,
                      So did Cabot with my city card Then I had Paul and he saw them off for just over a £100 saved me £3000 bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                        That is something the courts should get wise to and if they see it then realise they are being used. No paperwork before they start then no court time.

As you say they are working a numbers game. Shame for them in your instance they didnt discontinue early but great for the consumer they took you on.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                          Hi,
                          Yep, they had me in court after 1 letter from them (enforceable debt...to new for UE) but I bet they wished they'd investigated more thoroughly than they'd have accepted my offer of £5 a month. Instead they're getting £1 a month...

Comment

Yep, they had me in court after 1 letter from them (enforceable debt...to new for UE)
                            What do you expect from a company which boasts "we believe litigation is an underused tool . . . . but at the Lewis Group we make full use of it. We work closely with the County Court Bulk Issue Centre in Northampton and our on-site solicitors [Howard Cohen] issue around 2,000 actions per week".

Bastards

http://www.lewisgroup.co.uk/services...ion/index.html

Comment

Yep, they had me in court after 1 letter from them (enforceable debt...to new for UE) but I bet they wished they'd investigated more thoroughly than they'd have accepted my offer of £5 a month. Instead they're getting £1 a month...
                              Hi,
                              they get £10pm from me should finish 2029 wasted their money on my ccj.

Comment

Working...
                              X