GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Experian launches collections tool - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experian launches collections tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experian launches collections tool

Experian launches collections tool

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 8th February 2012 22:03.

Online credit management business Experian has launched what it claims is the “most complete” collections tool on the market. The company launched...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Experian launches collections tool

Eeeeek! I followed that link to Experian's new collections tool where it boasts of having 210 million phone numbers taken from credit enquiries updated daily, as well as debtors personal financial movements and other info from "reliable sources"

What's the point of the Data Protection Act one might ask

Comment

They can launch what the feck they please, their bubble is soon to be popped when we start conforming to the EU DPA
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

---> Debt Recovery Strategies and Debt Management & Recovery at Experian.com

Do they think that they will win this fight when we're looking at giving people phone numbers and addresses to use? Hmmmm - ok Experian, behind in the times yet again I see
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          They can launch what the feck they please, their bubble is soon to be popped when we start conforming to the EU DPA
          Well I like the sound of that whatever it is Do you have a date for this bubble bursting which I can put in my diary?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            Eeeeek! I followed that link to Experian's new collections tool where it boasts of having 210 million phone numbers taken from credit enquiries updated daily, as well as debtors personal financial movements and other info from "reliable sources"

What's the point of the Data Protection Act one might ask
            that link is to the US site - its not in UK

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              that link is to the US site - its not in UK
              See how easily I scare I suppose 210 million phone numbers should have been a clue since that would be about 4 different ones for every man, woman and child in the entire country

What makes you so sure they're not building up a similar resource over here? And what's that EU thingy you speak of? (please)

Comment

See how easily I scare I suppose 210 million phone numbers should have been a clue since that would be about 4 different ones for every man, woman and child in the entire country
                ermmm, 210 million (in the uk?)

What makes you so sure they're not building up a similar resource over here?
                Ermmm, 210 million, in the UK?

And what's that EU thingy you speak of? (please)
                ---> http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documen...ve_summary.pdf

---> Data Protection Directive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Brilliant Niddy

According to that it's going to be my Human Right not to have some stuff stored on Experian's files.

Comment

Bring it on. The general public mostly have no idea about the sinister underbelly. Mind you, their advertising campaign wouldn't do anything to make me sign up...rich, arrogant **!$ bossing a servant about. How's that attractive? Mehhh!!

Comment

Working...
                    X