GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Flossy UE Diary & YB Hassle - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flossy UE Diary & YB Hassle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Flossy UE Diary & YB Hassle

Boss, Just to update you with Cabot - Yorkshire Overdraft.

I have sent everything off to Gilly and have given her all information she has asked for in an email. Just waiting now to see what she comes back with. Will keep you posted on this one.
    Last edited by Flossy; 14 May 2012, 08:31. Reason: wrong info CC Its the overdraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      I think, if you're not shy of exposure, then you could contact one of our forum members?

Chris Choi..... ITN Consumer Affairs correspondent. Any use to you?

If not I know a few peeps from BBC and in particular Watchdog. Otherwise planB is the person you need
      I think that would be a good idea (your quite smart really Boss )

PlanB - Thats who I was thinking of. SHE (I called her a HE) when she replied on this thread.. .. She still spoke to me after though

Maybe PlanB would be a good place to start. I havent seen her around much. Will try and find her on here...

Comment

Originally posted by Flossy View Post
        Boss, Just to update you with Cabot - Yorkshire CC.

I have sent everything off to Gilly and have given her all information she has asked for in an email. Just waiting now to see what she comes back with. Will keep you posted on this one.
        Excellent, thanks. Keep us updated
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Maybe PlanB would be a good place to start. I havent seen her around much. Will try and find her on here...
          Click This <--- That will PM her for you
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Re: Flossy UE Diary &amp; YB Hassle

Dont think you looked at the CCA due to being a catalogue and I thought they would all be UE as you had looked at one of the others and it was UE.

Should I send you the CCA to check?

Comment

Dont think you looked at the CCA due to being a catalogue and I thought they would all be UE as you had looked at one of the others and it was UE.

Should I send you the CCA to check?
              yea send cca....

Comment

Can I just ask you a question as I have a friend here with me who has told me that the Halifax CC was paid up to when her son could no longer work.
                Moorcroft took over the account and he had a payment plan for £40 a month. The Halifax informed him that he never shut down the account with them and was charging interest amounting to over £600 (Halifax cleared this eventually). He has been in to the Halifax and closed the account! He has now got just £200 owing and the CC and instead of Moorcroft sending a bill it is the Halifax that now is asking for the remaining £200 and sent a statement to show this. On the statement it shows all the payments that he has paid to Moorcroft.

This all seems a bit strange... Boss what do you think?

Comment

Can I just ask you a question as I have a friend here with me who has told me that the Halifax CC was paid up to when her son could no longer work.
                  Moorcroft took over the account and he had a payment plan for £40 a month. The Halifax informed him that he never shut down the account with them and was charging interest amounting to over £600 (Halifax cleared this eventually). He has been in to the Halifax and closed the account! He has now got just £200 owing and the CC and instead of Moorcroft sending a bill it is the Halifax that now is asking for the remaining £200 and sent a statement to show this. On the statement it shows all the payments that he has paid to Moorcroft.

This all seems a bit strange... Boss what do you think?
                  I dunno, it's hard to actually ascertain what you mean (sorry, rather confusing).....

If they feel their CC company let them down complain to the FOS. The FOS is designed for handling such complaints (albeit rather ineffectively)

Comment

I dunno, it's hard to actually ascertain what you mean (sorry, rather confusing).....

If they feel their CC company let them down complain to the FOS. The FOS is designed for handling such complaints (albeit rather ineffectively)
                    What I meant to say was that the account was with the Halifax than passed to Moorcroft. The payment plan was set up with Moorcroft and has paid up to date. Now that he owes just £200 the Halifax are writing with a statement asking for the remaining monies owed!

Halifax passed to DCA cant just then ask for the rest of the money can they?

Comment

What I meant to say was that the account was with the Halifax than passed to Moorcroft. The payment plan was set up with Moorcroft and has paid up to date. Now that he owes just £200 the Halifax are writing with a statement asking for the remaining monies owed!

Halifax passed to DCA cant just then ask for the rest of the money can they?
                      He's still in default, as HBOS are the OC they can take ownership of the account whenever they decide, they can also demand full repayment as soon as one payment is missed and they default you - point is, you won't find much joy with this - just carry on paying the DCA.

So what if the OC ask for the whole lot - refuse (by ignoring them) and carry on paying the DCA.

Comment

MINT CC - NIGHTMARE!!!! Sent the £1 PO for the CCA and they sent it back 3 times due to no signature on the letter. Never had the CCA back due to this and we sent letters off to Mint explaining that I dont need to sign the CCA request letter.

They have passed to Shoosmiths solicitors! They sent a letter to me on 4.4.12 informing me that they have taken over the account and to contact them in 7 days.

The next letter off them 14.4.12 saying they have not been able to contact me by phone, therefore they want me to ring them to sort out how I will be paying this debt.

23.4.12 Letter from Shoosmiths - please treat as notice that unless an agreement is reached within 14 days we are instructed to issue a claim in the County Court for recovery.

In 2 Deep advised

------------>Account Sold whilst in Dispute

(thanks In 2 deep & Swanfan)- letter was sent 25 April

UPDATE ON MINT / SHOOSMITHS SOLICITORS

Reply just received dated 8th May.

"We refer to the above matter and further to your letter dated 23 April 2012, the contents of which have been noted.

Please note that we have referred your letter to our client and will respond fully once we have received a response from them"

Comment

He's still in default, as HBOS are the OC they can take ownership of the account whenever they decide, they can also demand full repayment as soon as one payment is missed and they default you - point is, you won't find much joy with this - just carry on paying the DCA.

So what if the OC ask for the whole lot - refuse (by ignoring them) and carry on paying the DCA.
                          Thanks for that Boss. It was my carer's son and she was here at time.

Also a bit more knowledge for us all to learn!

Comment

Click This <--- That will PM her for you
                            Have been in contact with her and she will get back to me. I will update my creation thread as well.

Comment

UPDATE Yorkshire Bank /CABOT Overdraft.

As you are aware the people who have followed my diary that the Yorkshire Bank bailed on me during a Written agreement by them to let me pay a small amount for 3 months and after that time we would discuss things further... Only a few weeks into my agreement they sold my account (both CC and Overdraft) to CABOT!

While I would love to sue Yorkshire Bank I had more pressing things to attend to as Cabot decided to make a claim in the County Court. I was left with a very bad defence by another site (no names mentions but starts with C ends in G)

Anyway, I was advised to do a full and final by the Boss :niddy and Paul that this needed settling due to the defence and to stop anything further against me.

On Friday Gilly (THE NEW BIRD) :niddy Called GILLY started negotiations from £4500 (went up with their solicitors court fees), Taken off and started from £4337. We got down to half, I said no. Evenetually got to £1250 with Gilly's negotiations (she really is a star) That was to be paid in 14 days so I said no again! I asked her to go back and I would pay £1000 in 7 days. Thats what I got. So, even though I am upset at the whole thing getting this far, it was an overdraft and not a straight forward CCA CC and the results where better than we all thought they would be. Gilly was surprised! So, on my condition that they either put settled or wipe off credit file, letter to say its paid and thats the end of this debt, FULL STOP.

Good result I think and good work by the 'new bird' Gilly...

Comment

JUST MOVED THIS OVER TO THIS PAGE AS OT TO GET LOST AT THE END OF THE OTHER PAGE.

MINT CC - NIGHTMARE!!!! Sent the £1 PO for the CCA and they sent it back 3 times due to no signature on the letter. Never had the CCA back due to this and we sent letters off to Mint explaining that I dont need to sign the CCA request letter.

They have passed to Shoosmiths solicitors! They sent a letter to me on 4.4.12 informing me that they have taken over the account and to contact them in 7 days.

The next letter off them 14.4.12 saying they have not been able to contact me by phone, therefore they want me to ring them to sort out how I will be paying this debt.

23.4.12 Letter from Shoosmiths - please treat as notice that unless an agreement is reached within 14 days we are instructed to issue a claim in the County Court for recovery.

In 2 Deep advised

------------>Account Sold whilst in Dispute

(thanks In 2 deep & Swanfan)- letter was sent 25 April

UPDATE ON MINT / SHOOSMITHS SOLICITORS

Reply just received dated 8th May.

"We refer to the above matter and further to your letter dated 23 April 2012, the contents of which have been noted.

Please note that we have referred your letter to our client and will respond fully once we have received a response from them"

Comment

Working...
                                X