GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Misscheif UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Misscheif UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misscheif UE diary

Hi,

This is my first time posting. I was refered here from another site where I wasn't getting much help. Wish I had found you guys 3 years ago before I got stung by a CMC to look at UE's! Basically my payments into my DMP are going to have to reduce in the near future as I have found I am pregnant with my first child. If I have to reduce my payments I'm going to paying my debts for the next 20 years!

Anyways, I have previously tried the CCA route but way back when my head nor my heart were in it and found the whole thing rather daunting. Now I have decided enough is enough and CCA'd one of my creditors, taking one at a time for my sanity....

Egg Loan

Type of account Loan
    Date commenced 27/04/2005
    Approx balance £6800
    Date last paid 23 Nov 11
    Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP with payplan
    Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) Defaulted on 25/05/06
    Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) DCA - Apex Credit Management

14/10/11 - Sent CCA to Apex
    05/11/11 - Response from Apex requesting £1 payment which I did include in the form of a postal order
    08/11/11 - Sent second CCA to Apex with a cheque this time stating I would not tolerate any further request for payment
    10/11/11 - Received letter confirming they received request and account on hold until request completed
    10/11/11 - Called DM company to request payments be held until further notice
    24/11/11 - Received copy of agreement and letter stating statement of account to follow - Niddy says
    28/11/11 - Cancelled DMP
    05/01/12 - Received letter for information only - no action required. Details date of official assignment and a statement of payments so far. Along with OFT info sheet.

Barlcays Masterloan

Type of account Loan
    Date commenced 14/07/2005
    Approx balance £5200
    Date last paid 8 Nov 11
    Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) 6 payments late - special instruction indicator states Gone Away on CF. I have had the argument with them as they have my correct address as they correspond with me with statements etc. Sick of calling and writing to them that I gave up.
    Account owner CDCS

28/11/11 - Cancelled DMP
    28/11/11 - Sent CCA

Barclays CC (was SkyCard)

Type of account Credit Card
    Date commenced 22/07/2005
    Approx balance £2500
    Date last paid 8 Nov 11
    Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) Up to date.
    Account owner BarclayCard

28/11/11 - Cancelled DMP
    28/11/11 - Sent CCA
    12/01/12 - Response to CCA request received - reconstituted copy of credit agreement and a copy of terms

Monument

Date commenced 31/12/2003
    Approx balance £669
    Date last paid 8 Nov 11
    Account owner Monument

28/11/11 - Cancelled DMP
    30/12/11 - Sent CCA
    Last edited by Misscheif; 12 January 2012, 13:20.

Re: Misscheif UE diary

Hi Misscheif and welcome.

You've come to the right place here

Have a look at Help with Unenforceability - allaboutFORUMS. There's also more information here

I know you've said that you're sending cca requests to the creditors one at a time for your sanity but you'd be better to cca them all at once (a bit like rippling a plaster off in one go rather than bit by bit!!)

If you cca all your creditors at the same time, you'll start the statute-barred clock rolling that much sooner. You'll also get used to the drivel that most creditors and dcas send!!

Cancel your dmp with payplan and stop all payments. You can always set another one up should any of your debts turn out to be enforceable.

Keep us informed on what's happening and there'll be someone along to help.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Pixie,

Thank you so much for the response. I've decided to take your adice and have now printed CCA requests for my other 2 accounts (barclays CC and barclays loan) which I will post in diary format when I post the letters.

Does it matter that I sent a F&F letter to the barclays re the CC offering 80% but was refused as it was "not their policy to accept less than the balance"? I made the offer as I had the funds available and got panicky when I found out I was pregnant (this is the only account still charging me 1% interest).

Thanks for your help.

Miss

Comment

Originally posted by Misscheif View Post
        Hi,

This is my first time posting. I was refered here from another site where I wasn't getting much help. Wish I had found you guys 3 years ago before I got stung by a CMC to look at UE's! Basically my payments into my DMP are going to have to reduce in the near future as I have found I am pregnant with my first child. If I have to reduce my payments I'm going to paying my debts for the next 20 years!

Anyways, I have previously tried the CCA route but way back when my head nor my heart were in it and found the whole thing rather daunting. Now I have decided enough is enough and CCA'd one of my creditors, taking one at a time for my sanity....

Egg Loan

Type of account Loan
        Date commenced 27/04/2005
        Approx balance £6900
        Date last paid 8 Nov 11
        Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) Defaulted on 25/05/06
        Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) DCA - Apex Credit Management

14/10/11 - Sent CCA to Apex
        05/11/11 - Response from Apex requesting £1 payment which I did include in the form of a postal order
        08/11/11 - Sent second CCA to Apex with a cheque this time stating I would not tolerate any further request for payment
        10/11/11 - Received letter confirming they received request and account on hold until request completed
        10/11/11 - Called DM company to request payments be held until further notice
        24/11/11 - Received copy of agreement and letter stating statement of account to follow - Emailed to Niddy
        Well, I opened your email and started to look at page 1, you know the CCA (of sorts)?

First thing that jumped out at me was - s.18 - I mean, wtf are they playing at charging you £4k in PPi but then bundling it into the same Prescribed Terms, which for the record are missing, thus this is one million percent unenforceable - so well done, great start!

To figure out what I mean by s.18 - read this simple guide here: ---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - UPDATED - A Full Guide to Unenforceability

In response to this, well you need to stop and think - tell us your whole situation and then we can clarify if it's worth dropping the DMP for the moment cos you cannot just work on one debt at a time due to varying factors, ie how can we suggest the best course of action when we do not know the overall situation?

So, please list all your debts like the first one above and then we'll clarify what to do next and also what and how to respond to Egg.

But for clarity, this is
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Does it matter that I sent a F&F letter to the barclays re the CC offering 80% but was refused as it was "not their policy to accept less than the balance"? I made the offer as I had the funds available and got panicky when I found out I was pregnant (this is the only account still charging me 1% interest).

Thanks for your help.

Miss
          Don't worry, forget the fact you sent in an offer - we can deal with that if and when they respond, but do not pay anything - come here first as we have templates to ensure a F&F really is the end of the matter.....

For now please provide details of the other debts before sending the CCA
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Wow you guys are great!!!!

I've added the other 2 accounts to the diary.

Thanks
            Miss

Comment

Oh Niddy, the PPI on the Egg loan was cancelled a month after I took out the loan so there is no room to reclaim on that. I have also reclaimed PPI on the barclays loan recently.

Comment

Oh Niddy, the PPI on the Egg loan was cancelled a month after I took out the loan so there is no room to reclaim on that. I have also reclaimed PPI on the barclays loan recently.
                Ermm, sod the reclaim of PPI - the egg agreement is fucked as a result of it being there, regardless..... point is the agreement is totally unlawful

Comment

Barlcays Masterloan

Type of account Loan
                  Date commenced 14/07/2005
                  Approx balance £5200
                  Date last paid 8 Nov 11
                  Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) 6 payments late - special instruction indicator states Gone Away on CF. I have had the argument with them as they have my correct address as they correspond with me with statements etc. Sick of calling and writing to them that I gave up.
                  Account owner CDCS

Barclays CC (was SkyCard)

Date commenced 22/07/2005
                  Approx balance £2500
                  Date last paid 8 Nov 11
                  Account owner BarclayCard
                  with both of these send off the CCA - use our version here: ---> CCA Request

In the meantime cancel the DMP - its easy to get another sorted but for the moment you really need to consider cancelling it, if anything get a new one at a later date.......

Keep us updated yea? Obviously now you cannot do any reclaims or anything, however of you took PPI with the Barclays stuff then chances are they'll fall victim to s.18 as well so fingers crossed......

Comment

p.s. you know we do have a welcome thread for you ---> Welcome to Misscheif - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Happy New Year all...!! Hope you all had fab holidays..!!

Had a response from Barclaycard to the CCA.

'I enclose a reconstituted copy of your credit agreement and a copy of the terms of your credit agreemnt as varied in accordance with section 82(1) of the act. However, the interest rates, fees and charges set out in the agreement, may differ from those we have discussed with you, due to the current status of your account.'

Emailed the letter and agreement to Niddy

Also have a question regarding my Egg account that is with Apex. The default is due to be removed from my credit file middle of this year. Can Apex continue to report on this account if so how will it show on my report....not that I really care about my credit report

Comment

Thanks Flower. Also thank you for the referal! Very muchly appreciated!

Awww I'm going to miss that big red 8 on my credit file from Egg....I'm sure BC will kindly put another one on there in place of it

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                          I know you've said that you're sending cca requests to the creditors one at a time for your sanity but you'd be better to cca them all at once
                          (a bit like rippling a plaster off in one go rather than bit by bit!!)
                          Love the analogy!

Wasn't sure whether to say hello here or on your welcome thread, Misscheif, but hello! I'm an even newer member than you and only just starting the UE adventure. My situation is similar to yours with a newly cancelled DMP that was money I could ill afford just swirling down the U-bend. A tiny fraction of what I've paid over the two years through the DMP has actually gone towards the debt. I don't know if they sell crystal balls on ebay but if I'd had one three years ago ...
                          But ... as I was saying to friends down the pub the other night (where I could actually afford to buy a decent round for once! -- don't want to make buying decent rounds too much of a habit mind you!) -- it's spilt milk under the bridge and not worth crying over. It's early days, but I feel that 2012 will be the year where my moods and emotions (and pocket!) aren't going to be controlled by those @#*$! banks any more!

I was also guided here from across the way by a certain Flower and feel a debt of gratitude to her for that. But let's not talk about debt, shall we? Touchy subject!

It's also great to see that others have gone through and are going through the same experience, and how we can all learn from what each of us has been through!

Pip

Comment

Working...
                          X