GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pixie's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pixie's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pixie's UE diary

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Letter from M&S saying that they have asked Credit Security to take responsibility for my account (almost a fortnight since I got the letter from Credit Security.)

This is the first time that M&S have written to say that someone else is taking responsibility for the debt so I'm not sure if it means they've sold it. Just looked again at Credit Security's letter and it mentions 'our client' so I suppose not.

I was in such shock at having received a letter with no large red fonts that I forgot to send the 'account sold whilst in dispute' letter I suppose that, as it's now 3 weeks since the date of the Credit Security letter, I might as well wait and see what they send next.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Received a letter from InstantSilver (Link) re GE Money loan allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Pixie's UE diary () offering me an instant 40% discount and 48 monthly payments.

The offer doesn't seem bad tbh but there's no way I can afford the monthly payments quoted. If they took me to court to get a ccjthen it's likely the monthly payments would be a lot less than that based on the ccj I've already got against me.

Not sure how to respond (if at all). Any suggestions?

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          Received a letter from InstantSilver (Link) re GE Money loan allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Pixie's UE diary () offering me an instant 40% discount and 48 monthly payments.

The offer doesn't seem bad tbh but there's no way I can afford the monthly payments quoted. If they took me to court to get a ccjthen it's likely the monthly payments would be a lot less than that based on the ccj I've already got against me.

Not sure how to respond (if at all). Any suggestions?
          I Would just ignore see what they do next........

Comment

Those idiots at Lewis Group have sent yet another letter (that's 4!!!) saying they're investigating my complaint. All I did was tell them to stop phoning me!

I changed my phone number on the site to the free one from the phone forum but they keep changing it to start with 01

Maybe they'll stop when the postal charges increase!
            Last edited by Pixie; 13 April 2012, 11:47.

Comment

Update to posts about Lewis Group - they said I'd made a payment too early (but at the time I usually make them) and they'd credited to the previous month so the next month was showing as unpaid - idiots!!

Received a notice of intended litigation from Moorcroft today re: LTSB overdraft. I've had the identical letter from them before for both my Barclaycard and LTSB credit cards (both UE).

I'd been making token £1 payments for about 6 months then decided I was being stupid and stopped.

Time to have a look at Overdrafts - CCA Information - allaboutFORUMS I think!

BTW I don't remember receiving a default notice. Not sure if one is necessary for an overdraft.

Comment

I'd been making token £1 payments for about 6 months then decided I was being stupid and stopped.
                Hi Pixie

Don't feel stupid Pixie, I had been making token payments of £1 since March 2010 to Debt Managers Ltd and only stopped in December 2011, thats stupid

To date - a letter from DM's sols, Russel + Aitken in Feb - ignored

Then from Moorcrap the usual rota of automated nonsense
                - intended litigation letter - ignored
                - monthly instalment offer - ignored
                - Midas Credit Services - litigation warning - ignored
                - Moorcroft - Substantial discount offer - ignored

No contact, apart from almost daily calls from the 0161 number which I just ignore, or occasionally answer and put on microphone mute and just listen to asking for me for about 10 minutes before they get bored and hang up.

I know I should send the telephone harassment letter, or ask them to change my number to one of Niddy's sex line special numbers but to be honest I can't really be bothered, it's only £530 odd to LTSB after all.

I did write to Debt Managers in January this year asking where my yearly statement, due under CCA regs was, and they replied that they were under no obligation to send one as they were only working under instruction from LTSB and that it was up to LTSB to provide statements - which they haven't done since the account went to Debt Managers in Mar 2010 (who are of cause really LTSB anyway).

Not sure really where to go with this now, obviously it was never going to be SB whilst paying £1 a month, and it would have taken 40 odd years to pay off at that rate.

If it gets nasty I will probably take it to the FOS as there are lots of letters not answered by LTSB relating to hardship in my file and when I was on my self administered DMP they were adding £7 odd in interest when I was only paying in £2 as a pro-rata payment. This eventually pushed the account over the overdraft limit for the first time, resulting in huge charges.

That was the final straw for me, so the DMP was cancelled and I went down the UE route. Bit of an own goal for LTSB really, as I had a rather large CC debt with them that was, up to that point, being paid in my DMP.

MK
                Last edited by mk_chatham; 21 May 2012, 12:18.
                One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
                Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Letter from Nelson Guest (Wetcloth's pet solicitors) re Tesco CC (UE)

I need to make payment or arrange a payment plan or they'll take further recovery action.

They don't make any legal threats so I think I'll just send a copy of the 'Account sold while in dispute' letter that I sent to Wetcloths in January...just so they don't feel like I'm ignoring them

Comment

Letter from Moorcroft re LTSB OD offering a payment plan of £120 a month.

Great! So seeing as I'm on JSA, I'll just not eat or pay my bills

Letter crossed in post with PO for cca request so I'll wait and see what they send next.

Comment

Hey Pixie - we missed our anniversary!!!

Hope you are well and hanging in there.

Best regards,

Matty

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                        Hey Pixie - we missed our anniversary!!!

Hope you are well and hanging in there.

Best regards,

Matty
                        I know!! 2 years now

I'm fine...and hardly even get a letter these days (hope I haven't spoken too soon )

Comment

I know!! 2 years now

I'm fine...and hardly even get a letter these days (hope I haven't spoken too soon )

Good to hear & keep up the good work.

Matty

Last edited by MattyA; 30 July 2012, 19:12. Reason: Biz spelling - beer involved at time no doubt.

Comment

I know!! 2 years now

Well done Pixie I am 2 months behind you .

Comment

Link have surfaced after being quiet for more than 18 months.

allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Pixie's UE diary

Unless I contact them within the next 7 days they will instruct Robinson Way to take over the management of this account.

The letter ends with "No doubt this will be given your urgent attention."

I'll wait until I hear from Robinson Way and then send the "Account sold while in dispute" letter.

Comment

mbna
                                ---
                                ---
                                March Received application form and T&Cs from Arrow Global exactly the same that i received from MNBA in July except the current T&Cs have changed.
                                Hi Pixie!

Just wondering -- have you really heard nothing from Arrow/Wescot since March 2011? And has your erstwhile MBNA account been pretty much a sleeping dog since then?

I've very recently received a NOA from Arrow and was reading up on different people's experiences with them (some nasty), so if you've heard bugger-all from them in 20 months, then that's quite encouraging!

Comment

Working...
                                X