GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script dontknow's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dontknow's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dontknow's UE diary

Type of account - Credit card

Date commenced - 2001

Approx balance - £17,000

Date last paid - May 2015

Are you on arrangement or not paying- Not paying

Status – Default

Account owner – DCA

Aug 2015 Received reply to my CCA request that does not include a copy of my agreement although they say it does.
    Aug 2015 Received Default Notice section 87(1).
    Nov 2015 Threat of Formal Demand if not paid within 14days.
    Dec 2015 “A Default has been registered on your account.”
    Jan 2016 A few letters from Wescot including an offer of reduced settlement. Everything ignored.
    Aug 2016 Notice of Assignment to Hoist Portfolio with all rights, title and interest and instructing Robinson Way to collect.
    Oct 2016 Pre legal assessment from Robinson Way with threat to send to Howard Cohen with no further notice.
    Last edited by dontknow; 11 October 2016, 14:24.

Re: dontknow's UE diary

Hi
    I am going to send SWID letter as CCA response form OC did not contain a copy of my agreement, unless anyone has any other ideas.

Comment

sounds like a plan, should hold them up for a while x
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all

I've uploaded my CCA before sending SWID just to make sure I'm not going to put my foot in anything smelly.

Comment

Barclays is

I'd not be responding. It's UE and they're going to struggle to remedy - BUT if they do, it's a £16k error

If it was me I'd be staying quiet for the time being. If they get arsey / issue a claim let me know. You're in very safe hands here
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by dontknow View Post
            Hi
            I am going to send SWID letter as CCA response form OC did not contain a copy of my agreement, unless anyone has any other ideas.
            Doing this allows them to remedy. That's like playing poker and showing your opponent your hand. See my post above. I'd strongly suggest you don't do this!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy,

I was getting anxious and almost jumped the gun there.

Comment

Hi DK ,how are you doing how are things ?x
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello Nanna58
                  I took Niddy's advice and didn't respond to their letters and I've heard nothing for months, long may it continue!
                  Thank you for asking, it's nice to know that people like you and others trawl through posts to see if you can help.

Comment

This site and the people that contribute is the dogs dangly bits.

Comment

Hi, I have received a letter today from Robinson Way with mostly typical content such as, we've tried to contact you, we want to help, these are your options, get in touch by this date, blah blah blah. There is also a sentence that concerns me slightly and that is - These options are a last resort and before we take legal action we will tell you what we intend to do. Is this a LBA?

Comment

It sounds more like a scare letter to me as tey say that before they take legal action they will tell you what they intend to do. They may just intend to keep writing, but I think if they are going to go legal they need to give you a 14 day notice letter first. Others will know more than me though
                        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by dontknow View Post
                          Hi, I have received a letter today from Robinson Way with mostly typical content such as, we've tried to contact you, we want to help, these are your options, get in touch by this date, blah blah blah. There is also a sentence that concerns me slightly and that is - These options are a last resort and before we take legal action we will tell you what we intend to do. Is this a LBA?
                          Definitely not an LBA. When you reach the correspondence stage as highlighted in red above, that would likely be a LBA.

Comment

usually states 7 - 14 days to respond failure of which legal action will take place or similar wording with comment no further notice will be given

Comment

Thanks I'll file it.

Comment

Working...
                              X