GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hello and Welcome Finance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello and Welcome Finance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and Welcome Finance

Hi everyone, am new to the site. Am having problems with a debt with Welcome finance that started as a car loan. This loan has now got way out of hand and to cut a long story short i now own a saxo that is worth around £9000!!!!!!!
    I believe that they have mis sold me the PPI and also that there is something dodgy about the agreement that i signed and a new one that they made me do.
    Have been having some help from another member who suggested that I join here and try to get some help to solve this.
    Thanks

Re: Hello and Welcome Finance

Hi guys, I could really do with some help with my Welcome Finance car credit. Please help.
    Thanku

Comment

Hi and welcome to AAD.

How old is the debt and what kind of loan was it?

Comment

I Think you need to tell us a little bit more so we can help ...ie start date.. amount etc.....
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
          Hi and welcome to AAD.

How old is the debt and what kind of loan was it?
          beat me to it.........
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi guys,
            Apologies for delay. Have listed below some bullet points regarding debt.
            Will post a fuller explanation as soon as.
            Any help and advice is greatly appretiated.
            • Loan taken out at Car Credit UK Ltd in Chiswick 26th June 2004
            • Car total was £4989.24
            • PPI total was £3437.28
            • Made one full payment and then defaulted due to work
            • After being hassled and scared repeatedly agreement as modified and as far as I can tell the PPI taken off but the debt total rose to £9649.92, this was modified 29th september 2005
            • Sent termination letter which was never acknowledged 20th December 2005
            • Started paying £15, which eventually rose to £30 from 2008 till last month
            Welcome finance have said that I have paid less than what I have and they have repeatedly pestered me with threats. They have threatened to take the car and threatened me with legal action. None of which has ever happened (thank goodness).
            I do not think that they have a leg to stand on and after having a good look at a valuation of my car in september 2010 from themselves which i spotted in my sar shows the car being valued at £630 which I have already paid the sum of back to them.

Is there any other specific info that would help?

Comment

Hi guys, have a little more time tonight, so wanted to get back on as am really desperate to get this matter sorted out once and for all.
              My original loan that was taken out in 2004 I believe to be unenforceable and need confirmation of some sort to confirm this.
              I was pressured a hell of a lot by the people at the car credit place in chiswick and was at their offices for a total of nearly 5 hours if not more being pushed and pushed and pushed and as I needed a car to get to work and being a single mother at the time i felt that i had no choice but to accept what they said and also i do not ever remember it being explained to me about the PPI that was on this loan.
              Welcome finance became extremely pushy and very threatening when i defualted on payment. They were not helpful and on many occasions had me in floods of tears.
              Before I ended up signing the second agreement with Welcome Finance I went through alot of grief and upset. Welcome finance telephoned me on regular occasions, charging me for calls and wrote to me and also turned up on my front door step threatening baliffs and all sorts. They arranged for me to go into their offices to discuss, what i thought was, how to help m with my circumstances, what it actually turned out to be was a very threatening meeting where they wrote up a second agreement and would not let me leave their offices until i had signed it. I was extremely distraught as i did not know what to do and would quite simply say that they had used every bully tactic ever on me.
              I recently requested a SAR from Welcome Finance and low and behold this did not even have all of my information in (such as no sign of the second agreement) and then some enlightening material that reminded me that the confirmation of address that I used back in 2004 when getting my car was a BT bill that was over £400 in debt!

Please please can anyone help me???
              Thanking you in advance

Comment

Mum2002,

That is a terrible turn of events, truly shocking and you know if that was me I would have no hesitation in filing a county court claim however that is not me so will not advise you to do that.

I would very much think this is unenforceable being it is pre 2007 so can you start a diary of events in the unenforceable section of the site.

Do you still have the agreements and have they sent you any default notices?

Firstly have a read of this thread:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=2933

Then have a read of this one:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5

Then have a look at some of the unenforceable diary threads here:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...splay.php?f=35

That will give you an idea how to do yours and what info is required to help you.

Sorry for the delay in answering you, however you are in good hands here and once you have any docs for Niddy to analyse you will be able to formalize with our help a way forward.

Regards
                Last edited by pompeyfaith; 6 February 2012, 22:30.

Comment

Sorry to ask the obvious, but as you've paid more than the required amount back, why don't you just drive it back to the forecourt and hand over the keys and walk away.....

If the car was purchased in 2004 then surely it's paid off now anyway? if not, then you can reclaim the PPI - that's the easy part, but that won't help with the historic problems. If you can get some time to stay online that'd be great, I'll be here from 7-9pm tomorrow so try and get online and stay online

Thanks!
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

oh pants (to put it a nice way). Have just seen message for time to be on here, really sorry. Can i arrange to be on here weds night in the same time slot please, really appretiate you spending the time to look over my case.

Comment

Originally posted by mum2002 View Post
                      oh pants (to put it a nice way). Have just seen message for time to be on here, really sorry. Can i arrange to be on here weds night in the same time slot please, really appretiate you spending the time to look over my case.
                      Let me check my diary

Are you free now?
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Okay, have just had a read through all the information. I am going to sit down tomorrow and write the UE out. Hopefully will get this right, as there is quite a bit of missing information.
                        Have got the agreements and general gist information.

Would love to walk in there and stick two fingers up at them while handing in the keys, but when you see my diary you will see that although I have more than covered the value of the car, I have not paid them the amount of money that they say they need to let the car actually be mine or for me to hand it back.
                        Talk tomorrow.

Comment

Ok hi & bye again! Tell you what, why don't you PM me when you actually want to go through things.

As someone once said, you can take a horse to water but you can't make the bugger drink it

Comment

Just re read through the UE diary examples and I have a hell of a lot of paperwork with Welcome finance, should I just put everything on in diary format from the beginning of the loan until now????

Comment

We'd have an idea what we're dealing with then. Hopefully someone would be able to start help you unravelling what sounds a bit of a mess.

The original agreement and modification agreements may be good documents to start with if you are wanting to find about enforceability.

What's happened with any ppi on the account?

Another useful document to see if you have it would be the Statement of Account from inception.

Obviously make sure you remove ALL personal details before posting anything up.

Comment

Working...
                              X