GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One - Back With A Bang! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One - Back With A Bang!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital One - Back With A Bang!

Hi Nid, great site and good to see you still here...thanks for replying to my Pm.

Just to give you more detail regarding what has happened, you looked at my Cap One agreement earlier in the year, and sure enough it was unenforceable, months of letters and phone calls (not spoke to them on the phone) back and forth and it went quiet...or so I thought...

I moved to my sisters 2 years ago and rented my house out, not been for my post in a month or so as it was largely just junk after the couple of years had passed...went the other day and my tennant gave me my post, 3 different letters with threats of a court date!

I no longer live there and its not my address, obviously more letters will be coming...should we just put no longer at this address on the letter? I will pm you the letters I have been sent, it seems they are desperate and there only option left is to threaten my old address even though the agreement was :UE

Thanks in advance...

Re: Capital One - Back With A Bang!

Originally posted by I Love Crisps
    Hi Nid, great site and good to see you still here...thanks for replying to my Pm.

Just to give you more detail regarding what has happened, you looked at my Cap One agreement earlier in the year, and sure enough it was unenforceable, months of letters and phone calls (not spoke to them on the phone) back and forth and it went quiet...or so I thought...

I moved to my sisters 2 years ago and rented my house out, not been for my post in a month or so as it was largely just junk after the couple of years had passed...went the other day and my tennant gave me my post, 3 different letters with threats of a court date!

I no longer live there and its not my address, obviously more letters will be coming...should we just put no longer at this address on the letter? I will pm you the letters I have been sent, it seems they are desperate and there only option left is to threaten my old address even though the agreement was :UE

Thanks in advance...
    Hi matey, the problem you have is "if they believe" you don't live there anymore, they could issue a CCJ without you knowing and being able to defend it.... you'd win, so we need to now fight them. Ok, here's what to do - respond, presuming you're still at that address so you'd just add that address at the top of your letters - and send one of these for each account (one per envelope, send recorded delivery - orange sticker): ---> viewtopic.php?p=2319#p2319

Then let me know what they come back with...... don't dawdle, get those sent first thing Monday.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you...will get sent tomorrow...

Comment

best of luck matey
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Got an unexpected reply! after been very worried about Capquest saying they would be moving forward with court proceedings, I have received a new response...

"Unfortunately I am unable to comment on the dispute you have raised as this was prior to our involvement and at the time the account was passed to us we were unaware of any existing query. Therefore we are closing the account on our system"

Wow! Nid does this mean I may have won? or will I hear from a new debt recovery company in the future?

Either way you are a star and thanks again for all your hard work!

:UE

Comment

Lol yea you won but like you say it'll get passed to a new dca in time. Remember with unenforceable accounts the debt is always owing until statute barred so you'll never be totally free til 6yrs after last payment. In essence we do the same with each new dca til they all get bored of going round in circles lol

Comment

Working...
            X