GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MBNA chasing me for another account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBNA chasing me for another account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA chasing me for another account

Got a letter from Westcot yesterday threatening court action on another MBNA account (two others happening in a different thread). I CCA' MBNA in January and they wrote back to admit they hadn't got it and actually said in the letter: " we will not issue court proceedings against you to recover any amount owed either now or in the future". Well that all seems perfectly clear to me. It's there in black and white, and Plain English/American.

There had been a feeble attempt by AIC (DCA) to coax money out of me some months ago but they handed it back to MBNA when they realized it was a waste of time I presume. Never said goodbye mind you. But now Westcot are having a go.

I'm confident that they can't touch me so I could ignore, but I'd rather nip it in the bud by telling Westcot to back off now, in preference to telling it to a DJ further down the line. I've had my fill of legal papers for one week. I didn't send any documents to Niddy to cast his eye over at the time because how could I upload the 'nothing' they didn't send me.

I'll look in the template section for the right letter to reply but if a mod is around could you guide me to it please?

Re: MBNA chasing me for another account

its on the DCA merry go round Plan B
    some of ours are on their 6th DCA.
    just send the Unenforceability Templates - Section 2

make sure you send a copy of the letter from MBNA

hope this works as I'm having problems with copying and pasteing

works fine just looks odd
    Last edited by MrsD; 4 September 2011, 11:51. Reason: rubbish IT

Comment

Niddy is working on the main site and this will affect templates for a bit :-

allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - allaboutDEBT New Website

Best wishes
      If...x
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        Got a letter from Westcot yesterday threatening court action on another MBNA account (two others happening in a different thread). I CCA' MBNA in January and they wrote back to admit they hadn't got it and actually said in the letter: " we will not issue court proceedings against you to recover any amount owed either now or in the future". Well that all seems perfectly clear to me. It's there in black and white, and Plain English/American.

There had been a feeble attempt by AIC (DCA) to coax money out of me some months ago but they handed it back to MBNA when they realized it was a waste of time I presume. Never said goodbye mind you. But now Westcot are having a go.

I'm confident that they can't touch me so I could ignore, but I'd rather nip it in the bud by telling Westcot to back off now, in preference to telling it to a DJ further down the line. I've had my fill of legal papers for one week. I didn't send any documents to Niddy to cast his eye over at the time because how could I upload the 'nothing' they didn't send me.

I'll look in the template section for the right letter to reply but if a mod is around could you guide me to it please?
        Send this along with a copy of the letter confirming this from MBNA > CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X