GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script newbie,, multiple defaults, had my head in the sand - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

newbie,, multiple defaults, had my head in the sand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie,, multiple defaults, had my head in the sand

hi All, i have started to address my problems and hope i can find help here.

i have a few defaults on my credit report, so far i have done as follows:

Link financial (mbna original £11000), requested docs under CCA77/78 with £1, they replied saying neither they nor MBNA can comply with the request, sent me a cheque for £1 back, what should my next step be?

hoist portfolio 2 ltd/ robinson way £9000, made the same CCA 77/78 request with £1 PO, sent to hoist, received reply from Robinson Way stating "the account you refer to is closed, £1 fee returned, by the way this was hand written on a compliments slip!
    next step?

barclaycard/EGG, request under CCA 77/78, they produced various docs from EGG and Barclaycard, was hoping someone could take a look to determine their legitimacy?

thanks in advance

Re: newbie,, multiple defaults, had my head in the sand

Hi welcome to AAD

Could you give us a little more info

How old are the debts? When did you last pay? Do you have default notices?

Are you in Scotland or England?Wales?

What are you trying to achieve?

Sorry for the questions we just need to know the situation, looks good for the two that have no paperwork and Egg/Barclaycard do not have a good track record on producing lawful paperwork, so could be three out of three

Comment

hi thanks for the prompt reply, i am in Scotland, and i want to get the accounts of my credit report if possible, they are all in default as follows:

link/mbna default date according to CRA 27/06/2015, start date 27/06/2005
      hoist portfollio default date according to CRA 27/09/2011, start date 30/04/2002
      barclaycard/egg default date according to CRA 20/06/2012, start date 30/11/2004

thanks again

Comment

sorry mistake on the link default date, should be 30/11/2011

Comment

When did you last pay anything towards any of these accounts ?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

link/mbna last payment mid 2011
            barclaycard last payment sept 2011
            hoist mid 2011

Comment

Originally posted by dryburgh View Post
              link/mbna last payment mid 2011
              barclaycard last payment sept 2011
              hoist mid 2011
              Should all be about SB now .... defaults stay on your file for 6 years ....
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done you are in the best place very good luck xx looks like you are 5 yrs in already xx
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

thanks, if i upload the barclaycard/egg copy agreement will it be possible for someone to look at it and tell me if it is unenforceable?

Comment

Originally posted by dryburgh View Post
                    thanks, if i upload the barclaycard/egg copy agreement will it be possible for someone to look at it and tell me if it is unenforceable?
                    Here ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post416754

Comment

i also had a default which ended up with 1st Credit, i did the 77/78 request with them, they sent a botched together agreement, i then asked for a copy of the original agreement with my signature, not made pursuant to section 78, but pursuant to civil procedure rules(pre action protocols and part 31.16), never received a reply, but soon after first credit marked the account satisfied £0 due, no idea why, but i would like to get the others marked satisfied

Comment

I am so good I recognise Scottish typing!!! Did you know you typed with a Scottish accent?

in Scotland when a debt becomes SB it is extinguished gone and no one should be asking you to pay it as technically it does not exist however the default reporting to the CRAs take no notice of this and the default will stay on your file for 6 years, mad I know but it is what it is.

So if you send the paperwork you have to Niddy for a look we can ascertain if it is also a load of tripe.

I would, if I were you stay low for the moment until you're well and truly SB, the last payment is not necessarily the cause of action so another 3/4 months should see you there.

no point in falling at the last hurdle.

Don't engage with any of these people further, don't phone and don't take calls from them.

and if you receive anything in the post come back on and let us know. The defaults will fall off your file next year and you'll be clean.

Comment

Yet it off the Niddy ...... Spit spot x
                          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

a dinny ken how yae ken im scottish

Comment

i hae uploaded the barclaycard/egg docs, thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X