GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Creditor using wrong address - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creditor using wrong address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creditor using wrong address

On inspecting a CRA list some time ago, I noticed that a particular credit card had an incorrect address ie not an official home address and cannot receive mail. As the account was taken out in the 1990s and used regularly with all statements, demands and threats being sent to the correct address which is also the longstanding address on the account with the sponsoring bank from which I do receive statements.

Haven't heard a dickie bird for a few years now at either address re the card and, although in default, statement balance has been £0 for a few years, although there is some £8000 owing. There are 2 months to go till SB.

Could they have any CCJ by default? I never gave them the incorrect address, I expect they used their powers to find it and just decided to use it. I canno check as the address is not on PAF so cannot be found anywhere.
    Last edited by julian; 6 May 2016, 17:58.

Re: Creditor using wrong address

Hi Julian
    I think it's highly unlikely. Even if they did it could presumably be set aside as they had used the wrong address when they were clearly aware of the correct one (and providing you could reasonably demonstrate that you had a case).
    As it's only 2 months to SB I would leave well alone.
    You could always check on Trust Online once you're safely out of the woods: http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself

Elsa x

Comment

Re: Creditor using wrong address

Trust Online uses the Post Office Address File (PAF), the electronic file Royal Mail sells to businesses supposedly containing all addresses in the UK. Oh no it doesn't!
      Until or unless the address becomes registered on PAF the validation checks fail, and searches fail on many online services where the address is used as key. There is no way of checking that service, even if I wanted to.

Comment

Working...
      X