GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script U markers on credit file for 5 years - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U markers on credit file for 5 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U markers on credit file for 5 years

Afternoon everyone I have a question regarding a littlewoods account. I was paying through a dmp for over 10 years until last month which I am now going down the UN route, All of my defaulted accounts have dropped off my credit file but I have noticed that this account has over 5 years of the U code and the last 4 months have a number 6. I have read that they shouldn't really do this but I'm unsure on what to do?
    Any ideas!

Re: U markers on credit file for 5 years

Hang on someone will be along soon , do you mean UE and not UN? xxx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Have you sent of the CCA requests and how old are the debts?

welcome to AAD

if you could give us a bit more information it would be helpful

I would also absolutely stop worrying about your credit file, if you've been on a DMP, many credits mark it as a arrangement to pay which just extends the damage until the debt is ppaid off.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, this is the link to my diary that I started. http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-this-mess-out
        And yes UE not UN lol

Comment

Phew thought I'd gone daft xx

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The U means "unclassified". You're right - it's should have been defaulted years ago BUT because you went onto a DMP, the catalogue was happy with that so instead of defaulting you they've screwed you over by unclassifying the activity.

Are you aware of it ever being defaulted? If not you can try a formal complaint to SDG arguing that the ICO and FCA's CONC guidelines all state that a default entry should be recorded within a reasonable timeframe. The fact you breached the agreement some ten years ago now means the entry shouldn't exist on your credit file.

They WILL argue that's it fine as you didn't "default" but you'll be arguing you did when you breached the terms of the original agreement (that = default, in layman)! An AP marker is entirely different (they could use that as stated by MrsD) - it depends on how many missed payments prior to the DMP commenced.

You may get a result. You may not. It's 50/50 and so will the FOS' outcome if it gets that far.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the reply niddy, no I'm not aware of it ever being defaulted,before I found this site I did send a sar request off to see what info they have on me but they are still to reply back to that, it was signed for so have proof they received it. This will be the first month of stopped payments so I have a long way to go but just wanted to know where I stood as I see them putting a default on my file which I find very unfair.
              also me not understanding some termanolgy what is SDG?

Comment

Just to make Niddy faint could be Statutory demand guidelines , (not sure though) xxxx

Comment

Shop Direct Group (the creditor)......

Littlewoods = SDG (Shop Direct Group)

Unfortunately being unfair isn't going to help, sometimes getting defaulted at the start is best all round so no matter, in +6 years your credit file is at least clear. However SDG have been told about this in the past and even though I'm agreeing it's very unfair, I'm certain it's allowed as technically while you didn't necessarily default on the account, they've marked it as if it was a new account with the U indicators. It's the same as if they'd added AP markers really. But to now mark it as late is wrong because it's been late for 10+ years as you've bee on the DMP.

The ICO believes there should be general rules for the minimum and maximum period of arrears which should exist before a default can be filed. Accounts should not be routinely filed as being in default where full payments or those due under a rescheduled agreement are fewer than three consecutive months in arrears, also accounts should normally be filed as being in default where those payments due have not been received for six months.

How much do you owe this debt?
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The debt is for about £1900

Comment

Has it reduced since the DMP? Seems high for a catalogue that you've been paying for 10 years....

Comment

This shows the FOS point of view.

Example 1 - http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...redit.html#cs9

Example 2 - http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...edit.html#cs12

You can see how the FOS are clueless just with the discrepancies relating within both the above examples. In theory, as I've said, it depends on how many payments you missed before the DMP. If none then sorry you're all outa luck. If more than 3 then they should default you retrospectively to the third missed payment date pre-DMP.

Comment

Yes it decreased in amount but they slapped a lot of charges on when they were chasing me and I will have missed over 3 payments for sure, the only problem was in my wisdom a few years back I cleared out old paperwork and must of thrown old statements away which showed at least 2 late/missed charges a month, I have found one statement that is from a good 5 years ago but nothing else. This was why I sent my sars request to try and get a clearer picture of it.
                          Thankyou for finding them examples.

Comment

I'd sit tight until you get SAR. Can you recall, your DMP may be able to assist, when you commenced the DMP? The 3 missed payments can be at any point - so long as you clearly missed 3 months in a row you'll have grounds to argue.

If you missed 2 then paid then missed 2 it's not good enough. 3 concurrent missed payments at any point is enough....

Comment

Working...
                            X