GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Stat Barred Santander current account being chased by Robway - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stat Barred Santander current account being chased by Robway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stat Barred Santander current account being chased by Robway

Hi

Santander current account went stat barred at the end of last year. No contact from Santander or DCA for some long while.

its only a relative small amount owed (allegedly) - it would appear that naughty Santander sold on the debt once the 6 years were reached!

anyway now Robway have come from under the woodwork and chasing the debt stating the following.

'your account details have been passed to us for collection and we want to help you clear this outstanding balance as we have with hundred of thousands of other customers.

It is our aim to agree an affordable and flexible repayment arrangement with you, by understanding your individual circumstances.
    please contact us'....blah,blah,blah

1) i always thought that 'hundreds of thousands' were sweets that you put on ice cream
    2) explains their sickly sweet letter
    3) if they already have hundred of thousand of customers why they bothering with little ole me?

shame not all their letters are 'smile making'

Re: Stat Barred Santander current account being chased by Robway

When you say the current account went statute barred some time ago. How? An overdraft? Charges? What does the amount they claim relate to?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi and welcome, on a mad dash but Rob Way have bought a load of SB debts from Santander; there are a few of us with Cahoot accounts that are being chased.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi

Sorry i wasn't more clear, it's to do with an overdraft that started out under £20 and ended up at nearly £200 due to charges/fees/interest. It outrageous!

i originally argued the charges/fees put on the account but they basically told me to get stuffed.

they wouldn't budge, there was absolutely no negation with them, so i stuck my heals in:-(

There has been no payment to the account in over 6 years - having said that, filing the Robway letter in my Santander file i see that my last letter to Santander challenging the overdraft charges as not my actual debt and putting the account into dispute was early 09 - to be on the safe side, i will sit tight see what they send me next and go through with them the ‘prove it’ route. it will mean a bit more administration for me, but wont hurt.

Thanks for the question SXGuy, it made me stop, think and review!

Comment

Originally posted by realfedup View Post

There has been no payment to the account in over 6 years - having said that, filing the Robway letter in my Santander file i see that my last letter to Santander challenging the overdraft charges as not my actual debt and putting the account into dispute was early 09 - to be on the safe side, i will sit tight see what they send me next and go through with them the ‘prove it’ route. it will mean a bit more administration for me, but wont hurt.

That seems like a good idea realfedup

It seems like they're just taking their chance that you won't know about SB and pay up.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
          X