GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Wife's Barclaycard account now with MKDP - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wife's Barclaycard account now with MKDP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife's Barclaycard account now with MKDP

We have received a copy of the application form and reconstructed T&Cs for my wife's Barclaycard account from 2004 which has been sold to MKDP from a CCA request. Part of the copy is unreadable. There doesn't appear to be any details as to APR or repayment etc unless it is in the unreadable section. I sent them query-illegible-document-received letter from the templates section and they have replied stating that they have already supplied T&Cs and statements so please pay up.

As the application form is unreadable in parts and there are no links to the T&Cs overleaf etc how does this stand if it went to court as section 61 states that the agreement (if this application form can be taken as the agreement) must be legible at the time of signing, which it most likely was but any copy that would be produced now isn't?

I realise that the recon may well satisfy section 78 but without a legible original for court how would she stand?

Re: Wife's Barclaycard account now with MKDP

I don't think section 61 applies as you say it would have been legible. What they sent you now isn't, therefore they have not complied with section 78. I forget which legislation deals with legible copies maybe someone else can butt in but it's something like cancellation notices and copies of documents regulation 1983
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Bugsy,
      Your best bet is to send it (unedited) to Niddy for checking ( webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk ) Put your user name in the subject line and include a link to this thread.
      MKDP are extremely trigger happy at the moment so it's best to get all your ducks in a row and know where you stand.
      Do you still have the default notice?

Elsa x

Comment

Will do. I will still have the default notice in my files I wl look it out but of I remember correctly it was a Mercers default notice with the usual errors but I will double check.

Comment

Good Wabbit

Let us know anything they send in the meantime. xx

Comment

Have emailed agreement to Niddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
              Good Wabbit
              You made I larf Elsa