GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advise New Address ?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advise New Address ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise New Address ??

Hi all

I've been going UE for approx 18 months. I moved house around 2 years ago, and was initially writing to creditors as if from my old address, although various DCAs have picked up on and been writing to my current address.

I have a royal mail redirection in place, but it expires in a few weeks and cannot be renewed.

I have not had any written communication from three of my creditors for approx 6 months and they/their agents had hitherto been writing to my old address. My question is this - should I write and advise them of my current address?

I feel that writing to them would invite them to start actively chasing again, also I would not want the letter to be construed as an acknowledgment of the debt. On the other hand I do not want to end up with a CCJ by default through a claim being issued to my previous address.

Of the three -

One has admitted that they do not have the original agreement, but stated that they can still pursue for payent, short of enforcement.

The second has gone quiet since I sent a MPT letter, and a follow up after I caught them out in misinformation that they had not received my original CCA request, and demanded that my £1 fee be removed from the account.

The third has two of my debts, and I think probably has one on hold while they see how they fare chasing the other.

Any opinions to offer? TIA.

Re: Advise New Address ??

How far away from SB are you with these three debts?

Do you know the current occupier of your old address who could forward your mail, or let you pop round once a month to collect any stray letters?

My Royal Mail re-direct expired after two years but I managed to set up a new one (not a renewal). All you need is a bank or credit card statement which relates to the old address and pay Royal Mail with a debit card with your name on it over the post office counter as a whole new re-direction.

Some of my creditors had helpfully sent me a statement to my old address (because they believed I still lived there) so that worked. After that I was able to renew the 'new' re-direction for a further year, which made four years in total. Any old re-direct instruction falls off the Royal Mail database after 90 days. In fact I kept one going for five years before I was rumbled. The local postie grassed me up to the local sorting office.

Comment

Hi PlanB

Thanks for the reply. SB is more than 4 years yet.

Food for thought re the redirection, though I think that any statement sent to my old address is still going to be several months old.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
        Do you know the current occupier of your old address who could forward your mail, or let you pop round once a month to collect any stray letters?

That would not be feasible I'm afraid. I know who they are, but It's not something I could reasonably ask or expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
          I think that any statement sent to my old address is still going to be several months old.
          The Post Office require a statement which is three months old or less. I changed a bank account to my old address (and then back again) for that very purpose.

I'm not called Plan B for nothing you know

Comment

I know who they are, but It's not something I could reasonably ask or expect.
            Can you tell us why? There's usually a way round most problems even if you only have to use a white lie

Comment

Can you tell us why? There's usually a way round most problems even if you only have to use a white lie
              I sold my house, and I never actually met the purchasers.

I've had a quick look, and the most recent statement sent to my old address appears to be dated August last year, and the limit is 3 months.

Comment

I've just read your post #5 - Crafty.

Comment

I've just read your post #5 - Crafty.

Comment

We will soon be offering an eAddress service for around £15-£25 per annum. Should be live in next week if I pull my finger out.

Cheaper than RM Diversion
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

One of the houses we lived in the last occupants came round with a sheet of sticky labels with their new address on with 1st class stamps in the corner and asked if we could please stick them on any mail that arrived for... and then gave us a list of names...

We did this for the 2 years we lived there and didn't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
                        One of the houses we lived in the last occupants came round with a sheet of sticky labels with their new address on with 1st class stamps in the corner and asked if we could please stick them on any mail that arrived for... and then gave us a list of names...

We did this for the 2 years we lived there and didn't mind.
                        It's great that you were prepared to do that for someone, but I'm not sure that I would risk the reliability of someone I don't know doing it for me. In terms of general correspondence it might be worth it, but where there is a risk of creditor legal action involved ....

Comment

The Post Office require a statement which is three months old or less. I changed a bank account to my old address (and then back again) for that very purpose.
                          F***ing Genius!
                          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

HI
                            Successfully completed a new redirection by following in its entirety the PlanB method. Royal Mail confirmation received that the commencement date is 31 March. That means approx 1 week with no redirection in place, but not the end of the world.

Thanks PlanB.

Comment

Hi

An interesting development following the setting up of my 'new' redirection.

I have just received a letter from DVSL (Data Verification Services Ltd - no correspondence address) - who are part of the Capquest group - which was sent to my old address and redirected by royal mail.

"Dear Still Waving

Re Mr Still Waving.
                              We are trying to re-establish contact with the above named individual who we have been informed is resident at the address to which this letter is being sent.
                              If you are Mr Still Waving who previously resided at (my current address) please contact us on ****** quoting reference *****.
                              If you are not the person named above we apologise blah blah ...... If you are able to provide any info ....... This may prevent ongoing receipt by you of unwanted and unsolicited letters and possibly telephone calls from other companies who have access to the same source that provided your address to us. "

I have no intention of responding to this letter, but I am a little puzzled. Having temporarily changed my address with my bank, they are the only party who might think that I had moved from my current address to my old address. None of my creditors has lost contact with me, and I have not so far been contacted by Capquest on behalf of any of them.

Could DVSL have somehow got this info from my bank? Or could they be DeViouSLy laying the ground to (knowingly) issue a claim to my old address?

Comment

Working...
                              X