GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MBNA/Varde/Experto Credite/Aktiv Kapital - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBNA/Varde/Experto Credite/Aktiv Kapital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA/Varde/Experto Credite/Aktiv Kapital

Good evening everyone,

Posting on behalf of Mrs Baker.

In December 2010, she sent a Section 78 request to Experto Credite re an MBNA credit card debt that had been defaulted. They replied, saying they would contact the original creditor. They then wrote again, saying the documentation could not be provided.

Occasional correspondence has been received from Aktiv Kapital wanting proposals for payment, to which she has replied advising that as no CCA agreement has been forthcoming, they can forget it.

Their latest letter (dated 11/03/2013) states that no response has been received to a previous letter (dated 18/02/2013) where they continue to admit they have no documentation but insist that she needs to arrange a payment plan.

She has looked at the templates and is looking to send the Debtor Final Response letter to try and put an end to the charade. Has anyone got any input? She has been helped by this site to successfully fight a previous claim that went all the way to Court so I value your opinions.

Many thanks.

PS: I have donated £10 via BACS just now - happy to support this site.
    Last edited by GlennBaker; 14 March 2013, 21:57.

Re: MBNA/Varde/Experto Credite/Aktiv Kapital

I experienced the same scenario with Experto Credite who admitted my MBNA account was UE and then sent me a SD You can read my thread in the *Legal Claim Against You* section.

Aktiv Kapital bought Varde's MBNA debt book and Experto Credite continue to manage it for them. AK were sanctioned by the OFT for unfair debt collection activities including issuing SDs as a bullying tactic:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updat...ay?prid=755221

My point is keep your eye on the ball and don't ignore any letters sent to you.

The last time I wrote to Aktiv Kapital (for another MBNA account) I sent the Account in Dispute letter and I also enclosed a copy of the OFT Requirements which you can download from the above OFT link. That was a year ago and I've heard nothing since
    Last edited by PlanB; 14 March 2013, 23:48. Reason: added last para :)

Comment

Account In Dispute letter will be sent, along with OFT Requirements.

Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GlennBaker View Post
        Account In Dispute letter will be sent, along with OFT Requirements.

Comment

A.K. ex Experto etc I am dealing with also an N1 from solicitors, still onward fight .
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 8 May 2013, 18:25.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Letter arrived this morning from Aktiv Kapital:

Yes, "unfortunately" is exactly the word I was looking for

Comment

Yes

Nothing like a copy of the OFT Requirements to get AK to focus

Comment

I so wish I had found this board earlier, and this post. I too am having trouble with AK. I have pointed out a dispute with the OC, and receive letters saying my account is on hold and is being investigated. However I received one of these letters on Friday, together with another envelope from Northampton, an N1!

My greatest wish now is to receive a letter like the one above saying account collections will cease.

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn1601 View Post
                  I too am having trouble with AK. I have pointed out a dispute with the OC, and receive letters saying my account is on hold and is being investigated. However I received one of these letters on Friday, together with another envelope from Northampton, an N1!
                  Who was the OC and was the DCA dealing with this Experto Credite or have you been dealing with AK direct? Start a new thread so that you can get help with these legal proceedings

It's not over yet just because you've received a court summons. In fact it's only just started

Comment

Capricorns thread --> Capricorn v AK (MBNA) - Court Proceedings - allaboutFORUMS
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                      Who was the OC and was the DCA dealing with this Experto Credite or have you been dealing with AK direct? Start a new thread so that you can get help with these legal proceedings

It's not over yet just because you've received a court summons. In fact it's only just started
                      The OC was MBNA, and yes it was sold to EC.

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn1601 View Post
                        The OC was MBNA, and yes it was sold to EC.
                        Any chance you can update your thread on this

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=9977

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                          Any chance you can update your thread on this

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=9977
                          I would if you didnt go around belittling people PlanB

Comment

Calm down guys. Wasn't meant in a derogatory way I'm sure

--> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Capricorn v AK (MBNA) - Court Proceedings
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Very interesting reading, I am planning to do the same as you glenn and keep my finger crossed that I get the same response.

Comment

Working...
                              X