GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ball is rolling - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ball is rolling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball is rolling

Yesterday I sent off to Lloyds requesting details of some loans I had with them, hopefully I will get a reply in a couple of weeks and be able to start a reclaim.
    Will update as and when I hear anything
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Re: Ball is rolling

Did you do this with a SAR letter and enclose the statutory Fee?

Lloyds are also known for denying receipt of letters so did you also send it signed for?
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 9 November 2011, 15:42.

Comment

Not asked by SAR (I have a good reason for this) and I am not able to send things recorded so just normal post. If I hear nothing in a couple of weeks I will send again, hopefully at some point I will be able to SAR them which may be interesting.

Comment

Good luck Susie, will be checking your thread x

Comment

Quick update, I have not received any details of the loans but I do have a letter from Lloyds in acknowledgement of my contact saying they will be in touch when they have the information.

At least they have made a start so hopefully it will not be too long before I get some more information

Comment

Thanks for your update Susie, hopefully you will receive the details shortly, good luck.

Comment

Holy shit!!!

Just got a letter from Lloyds and they cannot find the paperwork for the loan so have offered a standard average amount, if I am happy I don't have to do anything and they will pay me!!

That was so much less painful than I had expected, and a great result the way things are at the moment

and a huge thank you to Di for the encouragement

Comment

Hold on Hold on this is Lloyds bank the nasty bank and they will try and rip you off never accept on offer just like that on one letter.

You are entitled to interest too as payment for depriving you of your funds so you want to see there calculation of how they worked out the offer before you accept.

They say they have no paperwork so how old is the Loan what exactly is an average amount sounds very iffy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
                  Holy shit!!!

Just got a letter from Lloyds and they cannot find the paperwork for the loan so have offered a standard average amount, if I am happy I don't have to do anything and they will pay me!!

That was so much less painful than I had expected, and a great result the way things are at the moment

and a huge thank you to Di for the encouragement

Well done Susie

I had an issue with an old one or 2 with lack of paperwork and was offered the standard offers on them and do believe the offer was more than what they would have owed me going by little info i did have, so was happy with that.

Your very welcome honey XxXx
                  Last edited by di30; 20 January 2012, 23:06.

Comment

Now that REALLY pisses me off!!!

I too sent a letter to Lloyds - and as per Pompeys post, tried everyhting to deny I even had a loan. Eventually found some info confirming I had applied - Lloyds response was that it didnt confirm I had been given a loan.

Then got some bank stats - sent a screen shot of the DD leaving my acccount ...... not a dickie bird.

So time to email the Ceo AGAIN!! - seems only responses I get are when I email them. Am sure if some of them had two brain cells each, they would still be lonely as they would be at opposite sides of the skull.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post

I too sent a letter to Lloyds - and as per Pompeys post, tried everyhting to deny I even had a loan. Eventually found some info confirming I had applied - Lloyds response was that it didnt confirm I had been given a loan.

Then got some bank stats - sent a screen shot of the DD leaving my acccount ...... not a dickie bird.

So time to email the Ceo AGAIN!! - seems only responses I get are when I email them. Am sure if some of them had two brain cells each, they would still be lonely as they would be at opposite sides of the skull.

Oscar, write to your MP, they will act quicker for you because you have already tried and the bank/business has failed, so your MP will write to them on your behalf, explain everything up to date and ask them to send you copies of all correspondence etc.

Comment

I suppose it is possible they are still investigating .... but will send an email tomorrow to chase it all up. Never know really.

If that is unsuccessful, will take your advice Di.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I suppose it is possible they are still investigating .... but will send an email tomorrow to chase it all up. Never know really.

If that is unsuccessful, will take your advice Di.

Good luck Oscar, and yes that is possible, they could well still be looking into it.

See what they come back with, give them another week and if nothing, contact your local MP then, I'm sure they will be more than willing to write on your behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                            Hold on Hold on this is Lloyds bank the nasty bank and they will try and rip you off never accept on offer just like that on one letter.

You are entitled to interest too as payment for depriving you of your funds so you want to see there calculation of how they worked out the offer before you accept.

They say they have no paperwork so how old is the Loan what exactly is an average amount sounds very iffy to me.
                            Loan was around 15 years ago, so very possible that they would not have any paperwork!

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                            Well done Susie

I had an issue with an old one or 2 with lack of paperwork and was offered the standard offers on them and do believe the offer was more than what they would have owed me going by little info i did have, so was happy with that.

Your very welcome honey XxXx
                            I think the standard offer would be around the same or a bit more than the PPi so am more than happy to accept it, saves a lot of hassle and right now for the possibility of getting another £50 or even losing £50 its not worth arguing. Its amazing whats possible when there is support and advice - thanks again, you really have helped a lot

Thats shit sounds as if its the luck of the draw as to who deals with the complaint and what the outcome is.
                            Really hope you get them to sort it out and pay it back for you. Have you sent them a SAR to see what they have on file for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
                              Thats shit sounds as if its the luck of the draw as to who deals with the complaint and what the outcome is.
                              Really hope you get them to sort it out and pay it back for you. Have you sent them a SAR to see what they have on file for you?
                              They have already admitted they can find NO records. I have letters confirming loan accepted (although doesnt prove transfer of funds)

BUT I also have old bank stats - going back to show the DD leaving my account for the loan itself. However they are ignoring me now I can prove I had a loan - and this loan was "only" 8 years ago or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X