GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script LTSB - no PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LTSB - no PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTSB - no PPI

Hi,
    I have had a letter from LTSB today telling me that "we have established that you did not take out PPI with this loan". Accordingly we have closed the complaint.

This was a loan that they could not find any original documents for at all and asked if I had any, my statements show payments to the loan but the payment is not broken down in any way.

If they have established that there was no PPI on this loan but they have no original paperwork how have they done that?

How would I proceed with this one now?

Should I ask how they have established this without any original documents as they supposedly said they didn't have, or is it FOS?

Thanks

Re: LTSB - no PPI

Originally posted by vossy View Post
    Hi,
    I have had a letter from LTSB today telling me that "we have established that you did not take out PPI with this loan". Accordingly we have closed the complaint.

This was a loan that they could not find any original documents for at all and asked if I had any, my statements show payments to the loan but the payment is not broken down in any way.

If they have established that there was no PPI on this loan but they have no original paperwork how have they done that?

How would I proceed with this one now?

Should I ask how they have established this without any original documents as they supposedly said they didn't have, or is it FOS?

Thanks

Vossy
    You have just taken those words out of my mouth, I am also wondering how they come to that, if you do not have any details, so yes, this i think needs to be questioned, something not feeling right about this, then also mention for them to send you the copies of evidence they do hold that shows no PPI.

Good luck.

Comment

In regards of the above, email it to the customer team and make sure you send the CEO a copy at the same time.
      Something fishy going on here, and it seems that Lloyds have tried this with lots of customers, where it is later found out there was PPI.

You should mention that on requesting for documentation you have been told all along they have nothing on this account and for you to send anything that may help, but have since tried many avenues on trying to get hold of the info but to no avail, so why is it that Lloyds have now clarified that there is no PPI (if they do not hold any paperwork on the account).
      Again poor customer service!!

Comment

Hi Di,

I will follow this up on Monday, it does seem a little strange doesn't it? But as you say they now seem to be trying this on a lot now.

We will see - onward!!

Thanks Di

Comment

Hi Di,

I will follow this up on Monday, it does seem a little strange doesn't it? But as you say they now seem to be trying this on a lot now.

We will see - onward!!

Thanks Di

Oh yes certainly onward with this.

I have a good mind to personally write to the CEO of Lloyds about this matter myself as well, on behalf of customers.
          He needs to sort his incompetant staff out for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            Oh yes certainly onward with this.

I have a good mind to personally write to the CEO of Lloyds about this matter myself as well, on behalf of customers.
            He needs to sort his incompetant staff out for sure.

Blimey - that would be a bigger task than bankers bonus's and phone hacking all put together

Comment

lol you can say that again lol .

A draft letter below, please tweak to your requirements, and address it to the CEO. (and of course your account number, or bank account number if you've not the loan account number), and they usual address details etc.

Dear

Account Number ***********

I am locked in dispute with Lloyds TSB over Data/Information for the above account. When requesting for the data I was informed by the business that they were unable to track the details down.
              I have been unsuccessful up to now and I wish to make a complaint on Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) as I can recall I was sold PPI with a business loan that was arranged directly by my local branch. Having the data for the above account will be a help to the reclaiming of the PPI, but the bank have failed to provide me with anything in relation of the account by stating they cannot track it down.

However, it has now come to light on a letter I recently received in the post dated XX/XX/2012. This states there is no Payment Protection Insurance in regards of this loan account and they have closed the case.

It has come to mind that if the business have confirmed this to me, then where did they get hold of the information/data for this account where they failed to provide me with any on request?
              I am disappointed and feel badly let down and am now requesting they send me written concrete evidence of this account - that also gives evidence of no PPI.

I am enclosing all relevant copies of correspondence, which you can see that I have been unable to reach a resolution with the business of Lloyds TSB despite all my efforts made for this.

I would be grateful if you would do what you can do to resolve this matter for as soon as possible and please write to me on the above address or my email address as below.

Yours sincerely

Mr Vossy

Comment

lol you can say that again lol .

A draft letter below, please tweak to your requirements, and address it to the CEO. (and of course your account number, or bank account number if you've not the loan account number), and they usual address details etc.
                Di - what can I say? Thank you so much for your help

Get your glad rags on, leave Mr Di at home and I will pick you up later, we will hit Caroline Street with a vengance

Seriously though - thanks Di

Comment

Di - what can I say? Thank you so much for your help

Get your glad rags on, leave Mr Di at home and I will pick you up later, we will hit Caroline Street with a vengance

Seriously though - thanks Di

Hey I may take you up on that lol.

It's my pleasure hon, this bank are really doing my head in now, go straight to the top with this one now me thinks. x

Comment

Hey I may take you up on that lol.

It's my pleasure hon, this bank are really doing my head in now, go straight to the top with this one now me thinks. x

Will do - don't worry

Comment

Have you ever heard of this site as well?
                      How to complain?

They have forms to complete of the company you want to complain to, I forgot all about them until doing some research on here earlier and registered sometime ago lol.

Can be useful.

http://www.howtocomplain.com/cgi-php...?ID=5337&use=1

http://www.howtocomplain.com/about/

Comment

Have you ever heard of this site as well?
                        How to complain?

They have forms to complete of the company you want to complain to, I forgot all about them until doing some research on here earlier and registered sometime ago lol.

Can be useful.

http://www.howtocomplain.com/cgi-php...?ID=5337&use=1

http://www.howtocomplain.com/about/

I have just registered with these Di, thank you

Comment

I have just registered with these Di, thank you

Excellent, because they are free too.

Note you can find the company by checking on the relevent list on the left hand side and the name of the business/bank lists come up, at the bottom of that, you can also complete a complaint form which will be sent directly to them too.

Comment

Thanks Di, I will do both my own and the "how to Complain" one

Comment

Thanks Di, I will do both my own and the "how to Complain" one
                              Good one your well and truly covering your ground then.

Comment

Working...
                              X