GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Loan payments but no details - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loan payments but no details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loan payments but no details

Hi,

I am starting to receive info back from LTSB following my SAR but it is like pulling teeth, slowly but surely though it is coming through.

The problem I have is that although my statements show loan payments there are no details in those loan payments except "loan payment £xxx".

How can I prove and LTSB disprove that I had PPI on those loans, as I was self employed I was told in that if I didn't take PPI then I probably wouldn't get the loans, without the original loan agreement (which cannot be found) or details on my statements showing a breakdown of the loan amounts how do I proceed with this - if at all?

Any advice please?

Thanks

Re: Loan payments but no details

Originally posted by vossy View Post
    Hi,

I am starting to receive info back from LTSB following my SAR but it is like pulling teeth, slowly but surely though it is coming through.

The problem I have is that although my statements show loan payments there are no details in those loan payments except "loan payment £xxx".

How can I prove and LTSB disprove that I had PPI on those loans, as I was self employed I was told in that if I didn't take PPI then I probably wouldn't get the loans, without the original loan agreement (which cannot be found) or details on my statements showing a breakdown of the loan amounts how do I proceed with this - if at all?

Any advice please?

Thanks

Hiya

I did have a problem with 2 where no details were held or not much of them, and these were the ones where they did come back with a standard offer of goodwill of £1200 for each one = £2,400.

I was happy with that as well because I know for sure they did have ppi as confirmed to them we had to have it as told by lloyds when it was sold to us in branch, and I do believe the amounts were higher than what I would have received too, because as they were mid 90 loans they did not last long where settled earlier to take out another.

It would be helpful if there was any details, but you need to be very firm with them here now, get the complaints in.

I would try to remember all you can, if you can even remember the amount of loan you were paying that would also help.

Comment

Hi Di,

Yes I will keep at them, I cant remember what the amounts were but I can remember being told exactly what I posted, I have not finished going through all of the paperwork yet and I think there is even more to come so fingers crossed eh? Thank god for this site and people like you!
      What sort of a letter should I send though asking for PPI back on ones I have no information for? I can't seem to find a template or a guide for this.

Thanks again Di.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
        Hi Di,

Yes I will keep at them, I cant remember what the amounts were but I can remember being told exactly what I posted, I have not finished going through all of the paperwork yet and I think there is even more to come so fingers crossed eh? Thank god for this site and people like you!
        What sort of a letter should I send though asking for PPI back on ones I have no information for? I can't seem to find a template or a guide for this.

Thanks again Di.

lol your very welcome.

I would use the reclaim questionnaire, keep a copy for yourself as well, in case you need to refer back to it again, or complain to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS), hopefully it will not come to that.

Reclaim questionnaire's issued by the FOS replaced standard template letters, but you can if you wish put a letter in own words, yet it's now been known that if you write by letter they may highly possible send you the questionnaire anyway, so personally I would complete the questionnaire instead of a letter, and there are parts on the form to add further information etc.
        http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.doc

Keep me posted and hope you come across more paperwork. x

Comment

Thank you Di, will do

Comment

If its any help to you I used the reclaim form on the LloydsTSB website, just sent it in saying that I wanted to reclaim and they took it from there. That was all I had to dao as a while later I had a letter sayingthey were investigating, then another offering the standard goodwill amount, if I accepted I had to do nothing and they would send the money.
            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
              If its any help to you I used the reclaim form on the LloydsTSB website, just sent it in saying that I wanted to reclaim and they took it from there. That was all I had to dao as a while later I had a letter sayingthey were investigating, then another offering the standard goodwill amount, if I accepted I had to do nothing and they would send the money.
              Hi Susie, yes thank you, anything is helpful, these are quite old, early/mid 90's onward and it seems that they filed all of my stuff under the floorboards where the mice got at it, so lo and behold - no paperwork, I will finish going through the bundle of statements I have up to yet first then see how I go with it. Sometimes the simple approach just works though, good for you on winning something back

Comment

Same sort of time as I took mine out so the paperwork will be filed somewhere dark and nasty and thats if its not been destroyed by now!
                I had less info than you though as you do at least have account numbers!

Good luck with yours
                When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Working...
                X