GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI Claim - Old Barclaycard - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI Claim - Old Barclaycard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Claim - Old Barclaycard

I was wondering if anyone here has any advice.

Here's what's happened so far -

Barclaycard was opened Dec 1998.

• I received a SAR, but with about the first 2 years missing (they say they don't have the missing ones) - PPI was showing on some statements until it was cancelled about 2003.
    • I sent FOS questionnaire stating reasons I was pressurised by the advisor, told I'd be more likely to get card if took PPI, I was not aware I could have got a policy elsewhere.
    • Barclaycard replied saying they would investigate.
    • They replied saying I was not mis-sold.
    • I replied explaining my reasons again.
    • Barclaycard said they were investigating again, and asked how I'd like to be paid if they found I was mis-sold (I returned the form).

I've today received the following letter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3598.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	1415504
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3599.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	1415506

Is this the end of the line, or can I do anything else?

Re: PPI Claim - Old Barclaycard

Barclays bank did this to me back in 2008. Kept saying they couldn't uphold my complaint.. I can't remember what letter I sent them (it was from MSE) but suddenly they sent a letter saying they could uphold it and I got about £2k back!!!

So I'd say keep trying... someone with a bit more knowledge will no doubt point you in the right direction of a template letter!

Comment

Chrissy

As you know you have 6 months as from the final date to complain to the FOS, but firstly give the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) a go and give him about 14 days to let you know, if you hear nothing by then, then continue with the FOS.

You need to tell the CEO that you want this reviewed "properly" because the complaints dept rejected your complaint which is genuine, and you have rights and grounds to raise this up about being mis sold due to your reasons given.
      Enclose a copy of your complaint by attachment to the CEO as well as the letter from complaints dept, if anything you feel you may have missed, then do add that info as well and a request a review by 14 days.
      Also add, as a respectable business, you are left very disappointed with the outcome, and you would have raised this matter up a lot earlier if you were aware then that you didnt have to take out the ppi to be accepted for the finance.

CEO female actually lol......
      valerie.soranno-keating@barclays.com

And also send copy to the Manager here;
      david.chan@barclaycard.co.uk

Hope they turn this around for you but if not then continue with the FOS.

Good luck x

Comment

Thank you patchouli and di30.

I hope they are better at replying to emails than Anthony Jenkins is.

Di30, when you say 'enclose a copy of your complaint' by attachment, do you mean the FOS questionnaire, or the letter I sent asking them to review it again?

Also, do I need to list all my reasons on the email, or just let them view them on the attachment letter?
        Last edited by chrissyw28; 26 February 2014, 21:23.

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
          Barclays bank did this to me back in 2008. Kept saying they couldn't uphold my complaint.. I can't remember what letter I sent them (it was from MSE) but suddenly they sent a letter saying they could uphold it and I got about £2k back!!!

So I'd say keep trying... someone with a bit more knowledge will no doubt point you in the right direction of a template letter!
          I'd be interested in this template too as I am expecting another 'no' from my current ppi claim, thanks
          Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by chrissyw28 View Post
            Thank you patchouli and di30.

I hope they are better at replying to emails than Anthony Jenkins is.

Di30, when you say 'enclose a copy of your complaint' by attachment, do you mean the FOS questionnaire, or the letter I sent asking them to review it again?

Also, do I need to list all my reasons on the email, or just let them view them on the attachment letter?
            Hiya

Sorry not to have been clear earlier.

Send them a copy of your complaint/questionnaire if you have this, as well as the final decision letter and in your email write as stated above, also add any further points you may have missed, for example, " a pre med condition at the time" "You already had appropriate cover in place, but it was not discussed with you in order for you to have clarified on this" etc, so you are asking for a review by 14 days, also add to the bottom of the email, that if they decide not to overturn the decision in your favour, you will be considering taking it further with the FOS and including all the information you have for evidence of your complaint.

Good luck x

Comment

Originally posted by cookie2112 View Post
              I'd be interested in this template too as I am expecting another 'no' from my current ppi claim, thanks
              Hiya
              Do you mean a letter of reclaiming template?

I do have one on here, will post in a min but otherwise let me know what template you require, thanks x

Comment

Cookie2012

As posted in my above post, if you meant a reclaiming template letter, there is one on link here:
                http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...emplate-letter

I would though try to persnalise it a bit, not to make it look too standard/generic.

However, with Barclays, they do usually send a form of complaint to complete, even if a letter of reclaiming is sent, you can also get the ppi complaint form from the Barclays website from what I can recall x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                  Hiya

Sorry not to have been clear earlier.

Send them a copy of your complaint/questionnaire if you have this, as well as the final decision letter and in your email write as stated above, also add any further points you may have missed, for example, " a pre med condition at the time" "You already had appropriate cover in place, but it was not discussed with you in order for you to have clarified on this" etc, so you are asking for a review by 14 days, also add to the bottom of the email, that if they decide not to overturn the decision in your favour, you will be considering taking it further with the FOS and including all the information you have for evidence of your complaint.

Good luck x
                  Thanks Di30.
                  If I put I had "a pre-med condition at the time", or "I already had appropriate cover in place", won't they ask for proof of this?

I didn't have either, just feel I was pushed into it.

Comment

Originally posted by chrissyw28 View Post
                    Thanks Di30.
                    If I put I had "a pre-med condition at the time", or "I already had appropriate cover in place", won't they ask for proof of this?

I didn't have either, just feel I was pushed into it.
                    I am not sure about Barclays, but Lloyds never asked me for any proof, they had to take my word for it, there is no harm in confirming about the pre-med condition because its just the truth x

Comment

If I remember my pre existing condition, and am still rejected, wont the ombudsman ask for proof, or think it strange I didn't mention this at the start?

Comment

I do see what you are saying, but its up to you if you want to just add that you failed to confirm about your med condition that you had when the policy was sold to you and also realise now that the claim would not have been successful if you were to make a claim for that particular condition.

Hopefully for anyone who have had dealings with Barclays when it comes to this will know if the bank request for proof or not. x

Comment

.....Also to add, some letters do say "if you have further info to let them know in order for them to reconsider" was this stated on any of the letters you received from Barclays? x

Comment

I have a case with the FOS and they taken it as fast track due to my illness condition they they not once requested for any evidence for this either. x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              .....Also to add, some letters do say "if you have further info to let them know in order for them to reconsider" was this stated on any of the letters you received from Barclays? x
                              This kind of thing was mentioned, but not on the latest letter, it was on the first rejection letter.

Comment

Working...
                              X