GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RSB (Mint card) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RSB (Mint card)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSB (Mint card)

Posted on behalf of Mjr001

Hiya

I take it there is PPI to reclaim on this now then?

Sorry I have not read right through the posts as yet, but is this a active account or settled?

If settled, you should be entitled to the full refund, if active, they may use the amount to reduce the amount owing, or if there are anything owed on the account.

However, if the account is under a DCA, you can still make a reclaim on the PPI and you still pursue the business who sold you the account.

If the account is with a DCA, and if there is any PPI, the PPI would now be worthless to you and you will not be able to use it, so by having the PPI deducted from the account would reduce the balance owing.

I am just stating this, even if the above does not apply, so hope that's ok lol.

Otherwise to make a reclaim, you could have reasons to do this if you were mis sold for some reason, for example, they added PPI automatically, or it was front loaded, you were unemployed, or working less than 18 or 16 hours per week.
    Maybe you already had cover in place elsewhere.
    Or if there were pre-med conditions at the time the policy was sold to you.
    The list is endless, if they pressurised you into taking out the PPI, that is again another reason.

To make a reclaim, you do not actually require the figures, to add on the complaint form or letter, as they must provide you with a detailed written breakdown, yet it will be good to have an idea of what to expect.
    I take it you have already requested a Subject Access Request (SAR) for the above anyway?

You pursue the business that set up your account, even if it were passed on to a lender, so you will find if this is the case, the main of the paperwork will lie with the lender, but that does not matter.

You can choose to either write to them by letter (I will add an example template) you can use but tweak to your requirements, or there is a reclaim complaint questionnaire the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) issued for customers to make these complaints to banks/businesses.
    (Not to get confused with the actual fos complaints form, such as if you need to complain to them).

Always keep the copies of what you send and receive as well, because you may need to refer back to the complaint at some point.

FOS complaints form on here: (Word of PDF)
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...complaints.htm

Or template letter here;
    http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=6720

Once your ready to post, we suggest using signed for delivery if you can, for your proof of posting, but I expect you are already aware of this.
    Good luck and ask for further help if required.

Re: RSB (Mint card)

Thanks Di xx

Comment

Working...
    X