GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halifax and Barclaycard ppi reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax and Barclaycard ppi reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax and Barclaycard ppi reclaim

I sent the PPI reclaim form to Barclaycard on 17th May 2012 and received a letter dated 29th May 2012 that they had received my form and were looking into it and would reply by the 20th July. I still havent received a reply so what is the next step that i need to take?

We also put a claim in against Halifax and we received a reply dated 2nd July stating that we had no claim. They claim that they tried to contact my husband (it was his credit card) on three separate dates but he received no calls or missed calls from them. In the 3 page letter they have said that they have looked at the demands and needs statement detailing our status at the time of the same (we dont have a copy of this) and that it confirms we were eligible. It also says that we didnt have any other appropriate means to protect the payments, were not suffering any pre existing medical conditions, we have not had any change in our circumstances. They have then said that they think that their adviser acted fairly and explained everything.

We are currently paying the debt of this credit card off to Robinson Way Limited and they mention in the letter that they understand that we are currently experiencing financial difficulties and provide some number for their central team that can help with debt.

Whats the best thing to do next? Not sure if this is a standard letter that they send out to try and stop you taking the matter further or if thats as far as i can take the claim.

Thanks

Re: Halifax and Barclaycard ppi reclaim

Originally posted by IzzyRose View Post
    I sent the PPI reclaim form to Barclaycard on 17th May 2012 and received a letter dated 29th May 2012 that they had received my form and were looking into it and would reply by the 20th July. I still havent received a reply so what is the next step that i need to take?

We also put a claim in against Halifax and we received a reply dated 2nd July stating that we had no claim. They claim that they tried to contact my husband (it was his credit card) on three separate dates but he received no calls or missed calls from them. In the 3 page letter they have said that they have looked at the demands and needs statement detailing our status at the time of the same (we dont have a copy of this) and that it confirms we were eligible. It also says that we didnt have any other appropriate means to protect the payments, were not suffering any pre existing medical conditions, we have not had any change in our circumstances. They have then said that they think that their adviser acted fairly and explained everything.

We are currently paying the debt of this credit card off to Robinson Way Limited and they mention in the letter that they understand that we are currently experiencing financial difficulties and provide some number for their central team that can help with debt.

Whats the best thing to do next? Not sure if this is a standard letter that they send out to try and stop you taking the matter further or if thats as far as i can take the claim.

Thanks

Hello there

And a big welcome.

First of all in regards of Barclaycard, I think maybe an email to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) may be in order.
    I would express that you are not happy with the delays of this matter (PPI issues) and they have had more than ample time to write back to you.
    Hopefully you should receive a response within 48 hours of sending the email.
    Let us know, cheers.
    david.chan@barclaycard.co.uk

If you don't mind me asking, what were the reasons you gave to Halifax in regards of the reclaim complaint?
    If you no longer hold any details/information on the account, a Subject Access Request (SAR) maybe a good idea to send them.

A SAR - they should provide you details of all accounts you taken out with them, so if you banked with them, they should send data of everything you taken out with them.
    They have 40 calendar days to compy, and you enclose the one off payment of £10 cheque or postal order.

However, another thing has come to mind, if you are still paying for the PPI whilst under a payment arrangement, the PPI will be worthless to you, because they add any PPI to the balance of the debt, and they should therefore now remove the PPI, and what you paid as from when this went to the payment arrangement (even though you may still have a case to have it all refunded back to you, if they end up upholding the complaint).
    Which is why I suggested the SAR avenue, if you've not already done this yet.

Comment

Thanks for your help

The reason for the Halifax credit card thats in my hubbys name was that we went into halifax to open a joint account as we had just bought our first house. Whilst there hubby was offered a credit card but no mention of PPI was mentioned and therefore didnt know that PPI was being taken. I also put on the form that we had family that could have helped us out if we needed it.

Would you like me to scan in the letter that halifax sent back to hubby saying that they have looked into it and reasons why they say it was sold correctly.

The debt was passed onto Robinson Way and even if the PPI was refunded, if we got it, if they knocked it off what we owed it would still help and reduce what we owe.

Thanks for helping me in trying to sort this out

Comment

Thanks for your help

The reason for the Halifax credit card thats in my hubbys name was that we went into halifax to open a joint account as we had just bought our first house. Whilst there hubby was offered a credit card but no mention of PPI was mentioned and therefore didnt know that PPI was being taken. I also put on the form that we had family that could have helped us out if we needed it.

Would you like me to scan in the letter that halifax sent back to hubby saying that they have looked into it and reasons why they say it was sold correctly.

The debt was passed onto Robinson Way and even if the PPI was refunded, if we got it, if they knocked it off what we owed it would still help and reduce what we owe.

Thanks for helping me in trying to sort this out
        Hiya

You are very welcome x

Yes please feel free to scan and post up the letter (by deleting personal details of course) lol.

Comment

Hi

Sorry I had to wait to come into work to get the letter scanned, really hopes it has uploaded correctly

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi

Thank you for posting up the letter.

I note they said it was a telephone sale, and also note that it was said that the adviser completed a demands and needs (this is not going to be signed by yourself on the day if the sale taken place over the telephone).

Can you recall if the sale of the policy was purchased over the telephone or directly in branch?

Hopefully the SAR will enclose more details on this.
            Last edited by di30; 14 August 2012, 09:53. Reason: Spelling/errors

Comment

Thanks, we were in the branch opening the joint bank account and when she talked about the credit card she got my hubby to speak to someone on the phone about it

Thanks

Comment

Thanks, we were in the branch opening the joint bank account and when she talked about the credit card she got my hubby to speak to someone on the phone about it

Thanks

Hiya

Thanks for that.

So depending on the reasons you have given them really, we can try working on. For example, if they pressurised you into taking it out, or if you had cover through the employer, such as for sickness benefits.

With a bit of luck - there will be something useful within the SAR that may help us on this.

Comment

Thanks

Ill apply for the SAR and see what it says

Comment

Thanks

Ill apply for the SAR and see what it says
                    There are numerous reasons, the list is endless.
                    We will try our best to work around this for you, don't worry. x

Comment

Di is our expert IzzyRose, your in safe hands
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                      X