GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming credit card charges and interest (not to do with PPI) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming credit card charges and interest (not to do with PPI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming credit card charges and interest (not to do with PPI)

Hello,

I have a stack of credit card debts (no other type of debts) and never had PPI on any of them.

Part of why I got into trouble with the debts in the first place was a reduced income coinciding with the credit card companies whacking up their minimum payment requirements and interest, just as the Bank of England was dropping base rate down to near zero.

Just wondering whether there is any route to go down reclaiming interest or charges on credit card accounts where PPI is not involved at all. I have a feeling default notices may be of significance here, but I'm not sure. I have another thread I've just started in the Defaults section asking some questions so there may be some overlap (hopefully not too much)!

Thanks!

Re: Reclaiming credit card charges and interest (not to do with PPI)

Hello there

I note you said there is no PPI to reclaim, but the charges?

I understand your able to reclaim the charges if they were an extortionate amount.

First of all have you requested for all your data (Subject Access Request)?
    It will be a good idea to maybe do this first if you've not done so yet, the SAR should include details/statements of charges made which will help to know how much to reclaim back.

Comment

Thanks Flowerpower and Di!

I haven't done any SAR-ing yet as I'm still very very early on on the UE path. I'm just trying to do some research and get some background knowledge around what might be possible further down the line with the enforceable debts. Ideally SB/F&Fs in time but if interest and non-PPI charges have been excessive I was wondering about the possibilities re. reclaiming. All I'd found about reclaiming on CC charges and interest was to do with PPI, which isn't applicable to my accounts.

I have about a year's worth of statements from before I defaulted on minimum payments, and everything after.

Do you know of any threads/diary-type things around reclaiming these sorts of non-PPI charges?

This may all end up irrelevant in my case if F&Fs become realistic, but I am curious about what possibilities there are and what successes people have had with reclaiming charges/interest for credit cards where no PPI was involved.

Thanks again -- this is obviously not an urgent query!

Comment

At this stage, based on your seeking UE across the accounts obviously do not SAR or reclaim anything, you only do this if it can help your overall position which charges, will not.

Seriously, as and when you ever want to make offers, give me a shout then we'll work through that side of things....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Niddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            At this stage, based on your seeking UE across the accounts obviously do not SAR or reclaim anything, you only do this if it can help your overall position which charges, will not.

Seriously, as and when you ever want to make offers, give me a shout then we'll work through that side of things....
            Great thanks -- one less thing to worry about until the time comes (or not)!

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
              (maybe I should say 'sit on your hands' as someone OTR would )

Comment

LOL!

Comment

Working...
                X