GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI problems, please just ask! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI problems, please just ask!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI problems, please just ask!

Hi folks

Just thought I would post this up/.

If anyone been fobbed off on trying to make a reclaim on Payment Protection Insurance/Insurance, never give up, they will eventually cave in, it may be a time consuming issue but will be worth it in the end, believe me I have been there lol.
    And finally got there!

So please add to your thread of any updates, and we can take it from there, cheers all, remember me and Pompey etc are here to help.

Or if your new, please post a new thread within this category of PPI Reclaiming and we will be along as soon as we can.

Cheers.

Re: PPI problems, please just ask!

how and who do I speak to about welcome finance Di - from 2001 ie pre-FOS

We touched on this before remember but it's gone cold brrrrrrrr

* you gotta love it, here's me asking the expert for help
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy,

If my memory serves me right welcome went bust and all PPI Claims where being dealt with by the FSCS.

Sorry cant post a link lol you know why but a search of welcome PPI FSCS will bring results

Comment

LOL Nids, no probs

I understand that Welcome were regulated by GISC pre 2005 and as you know FSA afterwards.

What I do know is that the FSCS deal with complaints with cases taken out after Jan 14 2005, so it may be a case of the underwriter/insurer instead.

I will try to find out more info just to be sure, but otherwise contact the FSCS anyway and double check on this first.

Take a looksie here:

http://www.fscs.org.uk/what-we-cover...cial-hn0qripj/

Comment

Di this was deffo in 2002.....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Di this was deffo in 2002.....

Drat! so the FSCS in this case will not be able to take this on then, even if there were governed by GISC as they only deal with FSA governed companies.

Do you know who the underwriter was? (insurer)? it may take some time but another avenue the FOS suggest as these may have been covered by the FSA, the FOS normally checks the relationship and involvement of all parties involved in the policy, so if the underwriter/insurer had any part of it you can try making a complaint to them, and the FOS will take the case on and investigate if these reject your complaint.
            Last edited by di30; 10 January 2012, 17:05.

Comment

Niddy,

A long shot I know but do you reckon you could persuade the FOS to take this on as a justure of goodwill if they see the light in your HSBC case.

Clutching at straws lol

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                Niddy,

A long shot I know but do you reckon you could persuade the FOS to take this on as a justure of goodwill if they see the light in your HSBC case.

Clutching at straws lol
                more hope of hell freezing over mate

Comment

You could email/ring the FOS first though Niddy and see what they do suggest, and go from there.

Comment

Thanks - nah, too much hassle and I have better things to do such as rip into the FOS for my HSBC joke

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Thanks - nah, too much hassle and I have better things to do such as rip into the FOS for my HSBC joke

LOL, well if you change your mind!

Comment

Hi Di

Have you had any experience with crapitol 1 PPI reclaims?

I am helping a friend who is getting nowhere fast - Crapitol are simply fobbing them off with the usual you ticked the box etc and have ignored the last chaser letter.....no doubt in an effort to force down the FOS route and a mega delay.

I am sure I have read elsewhere that they are not the best to deal with - no surprise there then.

I was going to give the CEO some stick but cant find an email addy for him / her - you do have access to this info do you?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Matty
                        Last edited by MattyA; 25 February 2012, 09:04.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                          I was going to give the CEO some stick but cant find an email addy for him / her - you do have access to this info do you?
                          ---> rich.fairbank@capitalone.com

Obviously he is the USA top dog but in the UK, the top dog is called Brian Cole so a little hard to actually get it into the email format so if anything send a copy to Richard Fairbank (US CEO & Founder) as he'll be able to pass it to the UK team if you mention at the top that you're in the UK and want the message sent to Brian Cole (UK Managing Director)

---> Introduction | Executive Biographies | Capital One

Best of luck

Comment

Thank you Niddy, you beat me to it lol, cheers for that.

I am aware they are not the easiest to deal with Matty, if you can as well, if they are ignoring letters, ask your friend for a local MP to get involved, sometimes they will help to push things.

But do as Niddy posted first, take it from there, good luck.

Comment

Thanks to both of you !

Matty

Comment

Working...
                              X