GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ppi loan with lloyds rejected? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ppi loan with lloyds rejected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ppi loan with lloyds rejected?

Hi i have had my ppi case rejected by lloyds because they at the time of taking out the loan said i needed it...
    My problem is i didnt know i had it,is it the norm they are just trying to worm their way out?
    Last edited by edwardx; 20 June 2014, 10:09. Reason: missed words

Re: ppi loan with lloyds rejected?

You will need to fight all the way with Lloyds.

can we please have some more information to be able to help. You say that they said you needed it and also that you didn't know you had it.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi my answer from them was
      When the policy started our records show..
      Your circumstances show you had a need for payment protection?
      Your circumstances were not expected to change to affect the suitability?
      You were not affected by any of the policy exclusions or limitations?
      Given the above findings i have concluded you had a need for protection.Therefore i believe you would of taken the policy,i do not feel it was mis-sold?
      As i say i do not remember entering into this policy as it is something i am usually against...

Comment

Lloyds are a nightmare - I'm helping Di fight them via FOS here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...aim-FOS/page19

However, can you clarify from your point of view - did you have any pre medical condition, had you made a recent claim on ANY insurance, do you have a criminal record, was your job permanent?

Thanks
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi i was in full time employment,never had criminal record or ever claimed on any other medical insurance...

Comment

Originally posted by edwardx View Post
            Hi i was in full time employment,never had criminal record or ever claimed on any other medical insurance...
            so why did they mis-sell then, ie what reason did you give on the reclaim itself?

Were you told about it and the benefits it provided?

Help us out, stop wasting time by just responding to our questions, open up - give us some history - it's clear what I am trying to establish, ie what grounds do you have for reclaiming.

Niddy
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi and welcome

I totally agree they are a nightmare to deal with but it can be done.

Check out the thread posted by Niddy where he is helping me on packaged accounts reclaiming etc.

I have however in recent years become successful in reclaiming ppi from them with loans and credit cards, but at first they will usually reject, so depending on your reasons on reclaiming really.

I note you said you never realised you had ppi.

Do you have any med conditions (or did you have any pre-med conditions) at the time you taken out the policy with Lloyds?
              What about separate stand alone cover elsewhere?
              Self employed?

There are many reasons where your able to make a reclaim on the PPI if they apply to you, I am not sure if the info you provided to them is strong enough, but you can generally write back to them and disagree with their outcome and ask them to look at it again, but by giving further detailed information :-)

Comment

Hi i thought i was answering questions appropiately and i think the answer about wasting time is a bit of an uneeded comment..i now suffer from mental health and do struggle with things i.e the reason i am here..if you want to make snide comments i will leave this group and go elsewhere...

Comment

I had at the time been with royal mail for 8 years employed full time knowing if i lost my job through ill health i would get a lump sum ..
                  If i am asked any type of insurance,even when i buy a new washing machine i always decline so this would of been no use to me..i have no paperwork on the matter so i beleive this was added onto my account without my knowledge...

Comment

Hi edward

I think niddy just wants to come straight to the point, so we can help you I'm sure he didnt meant it that way or cause any offence.

In regards of no paperwork, there is a a template called a Subject Access Request (SAR) where if you wish you can request for all your information on each account you held with lloyds, so if you banked with Lloyds as well by applying the bank account number you can request for all the info they hold on you, you just enclose the one off payment of £10 cheque or postal order, they have up to 40 calendar days to comply.
                    If you wish to do this, let us know.

But otherwise have you tried calling into your local branch and they may even provide the info free on the loans for you.

I would definately fight it and if you did have any PRE med condition at the time, you need to make them aware that you would not have been able to make a successful claim for this reason, and you need to state that they applied the PPI without your saying so or agreeing to it.

I would also ask them to send any concrete evidence they hold, where they came to the decision of rejecting your complaint.

Comment

Thank you very much Di i will check out all the info you have supplied
                      :-)

Comment

Originally posted by edwardx View Post
                        Thank you very much Di i will check out all the info you have supplied
                        :-)
                        Hi Edward, any further developments on this one yet?

Comment

Erm..... A tack that might work here...
                          write back to them telling them that at the time of applying for the credit and filling in the forms, you called into your local branch ( or telephoned them) to question the need for the ppi cover and that you were told that you must take it out in order to be approved.
                          Just a thought...

Comment

Working...
                          X