GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pointers for the right direction - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pointers for the right direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pointers for the right direction

Hi, I have various other threads going for PPI reclaims but wanted to start a new one as I have other historical accounts where I am convinced PPI was charged incorrectly but have no records on file anymore.

I am going back to a period of between the late nineties until probably 2009.

The companies involved are:
    • GE Capital Bank (Debenhams Card)
    • GE Capital Bank (House of Fraser Card)
    • Egg (Credit Card)
    • NatWest Credit Card
    Is my starting point a DPA request sent by recorded mail to get a copy of my old statements etc and if so, does anyone have the addresses to point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Re: Pointers for the right direction

Egg is

Canada Square Operations
    PO Box 4903
    Worthing
    BN99 3AR

Comment

GE Capital bank is Santander now

and they are at

Credit Data Management
      Santander Cards
      PO BOx 700
      Leeds
      LS99 2BD

Had a Sar off these muppets 6 months ago so that address should be good.

Comment

Thanks......I suppose the tough bit may be identifying account numbers when no details held on file. Any tips? I have old credit reports but these don't show account numbers...

Comment

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=6679

This is Di's Sar address list as I dont have Nat West account so didnt know that one.

You could try one of the Credit Agencies if the accounts were closed within the last 6 years they would be on the settled section. (See you already tried this method)

Thats how we got ours.

Have seen people use payments from their own bank to one of these cards being used. Or going into the bank in question and asking at the counter. They do get defensive once they realise what you after tho lol.

Other than that its really a shot in the dark that the SAR will turn something

Its one of those do you pay a tenner and perhaps find nothing of use or pay a tenner that sets you off to a win like you just had.

I know if I have the money its a risk worth taking.

Comment

Originally posted by awp79 View Post
            Hi, I have various other threads going for PPI reclaims but wanted to start a new one as I have other historical accounts where I am convinced PPI was charged incorrectly but have no records on file anymore.

I am going back to a period of between the late nineties until probably 2009.

The companies involved are:
            • GE Capital Bank (Debenhams Card)
            • GE Capital Bank (House of Fraser Card)
            • Egg (Credit Card)
            • NatWest Credit Card
            Is my starting point a DPA request sent by recorded mail to get a copy of my old statements etc and if so, does anyone have the addresses to point me in the right direction?

Many thanks
            Hi there

Yes any info/paperwork you can try getting hold of will be a help for your complaint.
            In regards of GE Capital Bank, you write to Santander, as they also dealt with mine, also GE Cap Bank, but with the complaint being so long ago, they did not agree to uphold due to the account being old, where they could not track down any info, but I sent a SAR (Subject Request) to the Data Dept of Santander (separate to the complaints dept of the same bank), and I did receive information, however it was resolved through the underwriter/insurer in the end, but we will look at this avenue if the same matter applies to you if Santander disagree by a final decision.

Like Ken says you can try other ways too of trying to get hold of any info, like a credit report, or if any local branches are nearby, such as Santander, you could always say you need them to tax reasons.

Comment

Thanks to both for your suggestions. I shall spend the weekend seeing if I can find a lead on my old accounts and then follow your suggested advice!

Comment

Hi folks, thanks to the helpful advice given above and after a long discussion with a very friendly call centre adviser at Barclays, I have managed to obtain my old account numbers for the following:

GE Capital Bank (Debenhams Card)
                GE Capital Bank (House of Fraser Card)
                NatWest Credit Card

I have been researching other threads on this site and it would appear as though GE Cap (now Santander) are playing hard ball with PPI reclaims on these store cards.

Before I send of a PPI complaint questionnaire, does anyone have any tips, recommendations or suggestions?

Also, is it still worth me doing a SAR just to see if I can get copies of my papers before I send the complaint?

Once I have sent the complaint questionnaires, I will start a new thread for each reclaim so they are kept separate.

Many thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by awp79 View Post
                  Hi folks, thanks to the helpful advice given above and after a long discussion with a very friendly call centre adviser at Barclays, I have managed to obtain my old account numbers for the following:

GE Capital Bank (Debenhams Card)
                  GE Capital Bank (House of Fraser Card)
                  NatWest Credit Card

I have been researching other threads on this site and it would appear as though GE Cap (now Santander) are playing hard ball with PPI reclaims on these store cards.

Before I send of a PPI complaint questionnaire, does anyone have any tips, recommendations or suggestions?

Also, is it still worth me doing a SAR just to see if I can get copies of my papers before I send the complaint?

Once I have sent the complaint questionnaires, I will start a new thread for each reclaim so they are kept separate.

Many thanks in advance!

Yay good one!!!

Well first of all, take photo copies of what you have and enclose a copy to each one you make a complaint too (do not give them originals), then of course complete the reclaim questionnaire or write a letter of complaint with your reasons.

I have always requested for SAR's, but if you already have the agreement that certainly is a help and proof of what you require to make a complaint.

Santander has got a habit of rejecting reclaims if the account is old, and they will mention as they were not regulated by the FSA, you can put your complaint into the FLA instead (Financial Leasing Association), although they do not help much really unless you provide them with information not already provided to the broker of who you complain to first.
                  Despite that I did forward my complaint to the FLA just to rule them out, and at the same time I put in a complaint to the Insurer/underwriter who in my case were Genworth Insurance, and was successful with them. (If it comes to that for you, let me know and I can forward you with my own letter just to help you out on what to write), as careful wording when complaining to the Insurer/underwriter is needed.

But yes first go to Santander, and at the same time, ask them to provide you with the details of the insurer, as you understand you are entitled to have these details.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X