GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default over 6 years old - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default over 6 years old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default over 6 years old

Hi guys

I have 2 defaults on my credit report (that are showing as 3 as I have 2 for the same loan and showing exactly the same details for some reason!) The ones for my loan are now past 6 years, the default date was 25/08/2009, but are still showing on my credit report. When will these be removed or do I have to do something to get them taken off? The credit card default was 15/10/2009 so only a few weeks left on that one too.

Many thanks!

Edit: Forget it guys, I noticed a tab that said 'update report' and when I clicked on it I now only have the one default showing and my credit score is now fair as opposed to very poor so that's good!
    Last edited by Stressedoutmum; 1 October 2015, 09:37.

Re: Default over 6 years old

your score is irrelevant - nobody uses it so please, totally disregard that - it's a random number and we at AAD now give you 999 score - the point is, nobody cares about credit scores so really don't worry about those with any credit agency - a real credit score is a trade secret and is unique to each lender - they never ever ever share it or explain the algorithm behind its calculation.

Glad the default was sorted - usually they can take a couple of weeks to drop off after the 6 year mark.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Default over 6 years old

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      your score is irrelevant - nobody uses it so please, totally disregard that - it's a random number and we at AAD now give you 999 score - the point is, nobody cares about credit scores so really don't worry about those with any credit agency - a real credit score is a trade secret and is unique to each lender - they never ever ever share it or explain the algorithm behind its calculation.

Glad the default was sorted - usually they can take a couple of weeks to drop off after the 6 year mark.
      That's good to know Niddy, I've never really been sure of all the working of it to be honest and I've not needed or wanted credit in the last 6 years (apart from phone contracts) so it's not been a huge stumbling block. My biggest concern at the moment is that we will be contacting our mortgage lender early next year to arrange for our mortgage to be changed from interest only back to repayment which will involve extending the term I think so we can comfortably afford it. I'm not sure what they will be looking for from us as far as credit checks etc go so I'm a bit apprehensive about it but I am planning on coming here for some advice on the best approach beforehand.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X