GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Just Found Out About a CCJ! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Found Out About a CCJ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Found Out About a CCJ!

Good Morning All,

So this morning, I decided to check my Experian Credit Report for the first time in years. And I was appalled by what I saw, a CCJ aged 2 months old lodged in Northampton County Court. It was sent to an address I have not lived at since 2011. So I tried to find out a bit more.

According to Experian, it was for HOIST PORTFOLIO HOLDING 2 LIMITED. An account that started 13/10/2001, which apparently defaulted 26/10/2009. The default balance is £1684, and the CCJ appears to be for £1904. Unfortunately, it looks like I recognise the amount of £1684, and it is listed as type of Bank. So I have a feeling that it's an old overdraft from Abbey/Santander.

In my mind, there is no question about whether I need to pay it or not, I do. I can't afford the lump sum, so will need to make arrangements However, I am looking for some advice on how to go about it, as it's been two months since judgement so I am somewhat concerned as to what might happen next. Can they be penalised for using the wrong address? Any help or advice would be most welcome.

Re: Just Found Out About a CCJ!

Morning Zackfair
    That must have been quite a shock!
    A good start would be to ring the court and ask for them to send you copies of the claim form and judgment. There may be a small copying fee.
    Make sure you give them your current address and explain that you were unaware of this as it was sent to your previous address.

You could apply to have it set aside, but only if you could prove that Hoist were aware of your new address when they issued the claim, and if the court felt that you had a reasonable chance of success in defending the claim.

I'm not sure how much detail Experian include about CCJ's TBH, you could check on Trust Online if you need the case number etc: http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself
    (There's a £4 fee for this).

Once you have more info let us know and we can look at the best way forward for you. As you're listed as a home owner you'll need to be careful that they don't go for a Charging Order to secure the debt.

Elsa x

Comment

Did you inform them of your new address?
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Unfortunately I did not advise them of my change of address.

I shall contact the court shortly to ask for the details to be sent. I will then look into sorting this out, along with the rest of the debt that is listed on my credit report . It amounts to quite a lot, sadly. But then, that's my fault I guess.

Comment

If you haven't done so already please post up anything that we may be able to help you with so that you are not alone.x
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hey Zack, sorry to hear of your recent discovery mate. There are far worse things in life than a CCJ, so i wouldn't let it bog you down too much (easier said than done, i know). Post back with how you get on.On a related note, does that Trustonline thing leave any traces like Experian and Equafax do when you check yourself?CheersSA
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by zackfair1983 View Post
              I can't afford the lump sum, so will need to make arrangements However, I am looking for some advice on how to go about it, as it's been two months since judgement so I am somewhat concerned as to what might happen next.
              Don't overworry. If this was a Default Judgement (because you didn't file a Defence) then the chances are it's a "forthwith" order which means they are demanding the whole sum due.

However if you can't afford to pay it then you can make an application to the court to vary the order to monthly payments which are affordable

Plan B x

Comment

I will then look into sorting this out, along with the rest of the debt that is listed on my credit report. It amounts to quite a lot, sadly. But then, that's my fault I guess.
                If you defaulted on that Abbey/Santander debt in October 2009 does that mean you defaulted on all your other debts in 2009 too? And when was your last payment to any of these debts? I ask because if it was 2009 you may be getting close to some of them becoming statute barred.

Why not start a diary listing them all so we can see if any have the potational to be unenforceable if the accounts were opened before April 2007.

Read this thread first to be guided on what to do and how to do it > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ewfull=1#post3

Of course it's not your fault you got into debt. I doubt you set out to cause yourself problems. Debt happens for all sorts of reason such as job loss, divorce, ill-health and other outside influences. I've got 23 creditors and I certainly don't beat myself up over it.

Plan B x

Comment

I want to thank everyone for your initial response. I am at work at the moment, and am finding it difficult to get a private moment to look into this.

Plan B, yes it would appear that I defaulted on a couple of accounts in 2009, and again in 2010. No further payments were made and I put my head in the sand and hoped they would go away. I considered dealing with them in the past, then didn't, thought about it again, then didn't.My concern is that the creditors will look to obtain judgements before they become unenforceable, so kinda feel like I should look into dealing with them.

Comment

it would appear that I defaulted on a couple of accounts in 2009, and again in 2010. No further payments were made and I put my head in the sand
                    Well that is good news - you're heading towards SB this year and next

Start a diary and stock up on £1 postal orders once we've seen what and who you're up against. Hopefully most of these debts will have been sold on with paperwork lost along the way by the original creditors.

On your UE Diary thread you'll need to make a separate post for each debt in this format:

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before April 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

I'm sure we'll be able to get things knocked into shape for you.

Most importantly you'll need to make a decision about your address so you don't get any more CCJs behind your back. As a homeowner you need to be extra careful so that you don't get a charging order from any of these creditors.

How long ago did you move from the old address in case it's not too late to get a Royal Mail re-direction set up (you can have one for up to two years from your leaving date)? Or do you know the people currently living at your old address and would they reliably pass on your mail?

Plan B x

Comment

What value is the CCJ?
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        What value is the CCJ?
                        £1,904.00

the CCJ appears to be for £1904 .

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                          On a related note, does that Trustonline thing leave any traces like Experian and Equafax do when you check yourself?CheersSA
                          Just for reference, i contacted trustonline who said there is no trace when these are carried out
                          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Working...
                          X