GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moorcroft after me for CO-OPerative bank "overdraft" - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moorcroft after me for CO-OPerative bank "overdraft"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorcroft after me for CO-OPerative bank "overdraft"

Hi
    Ran up a £200 overdraft with the CO-OP bank and due to a personal matter i buried my head in the sand , put the phone down when they tried to contact me ignored letters etc, i was in a bad place and just could not deal with it at the time. Its not a great amount but at the moment i have no income
    i would like to pay it back to the CO-OP , but it has been passed over to Moorcroft and i don't want to give any of my money to them if i can help it.
    What shall i do many thanks in advance.

Re: Moorcroft after me for CO-OPerative bank "overdraft"

Hi Jas and welcome to AAD.

You could write to the Co-op and explain the situation and offering a token amount or you could have a look at the thread about CCA and overdrafts and send the letter in the first post to Moorcroft Overdrafts - CCA Information - allaboutFORUMS
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

welcome to AAD

Is this a recent debt?

Do you know when the overdraft created itself?

Is this your only debt?

It would help us to help you if we could have a bit more info

Comment

Hi
        Thanks Pixie i will look at the CCA , overdraft thread , also i will ring the CO-OP to see if they will take a token payment (fingers crossed) many thanks.

Hi MrsD

The debt was ran up through last year, but i managed to keep paying the interest on it , but before xmas i stopped

paying the interest and buried my head in the sand, and it was passed to Moorcroft .this is my only debt

thankfully.

Many thanks Jas. xxx

Comment

OK so fairly recent then

Can you tell us why you have no income?

The easiest way to get rid of this may well be offering Moorcroft a full and final to go away. I am presuming that the co-op have trashed your credit file?

Comment

My situation is a bit complicated , i have no regular income ,i can make a little money by buying and selling

collectables , i am trying to rebuild my relationship with my wife , but do not officially live with her , so i am

sort of homeless . if i could settle this with a one off payment i could try and find the money if it was'nt too much,

or pay a little each month,my credit history is poor already which at the moment i am not too worried about.

how much do you think Moorcroft take as a one off payment ?.

Many thanks xxx.

Comment

As it's a fairly recent debt, they might not be too obliging. There's no hard and fast rule about what they might accept.

There's no harm in starting low and working up to whatever amount you can get hold of. Have a look at UPDATED - Full Final Settlements Explained - allaboutFORUMS
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks pixie
                If the amount is too much to pay off in one go , and i just send them a payment of just say £5 a month do they have to accept that? , or will they carry on with "litigation" against me.

Many thanks for your time, Jas xxx.

Comment

I don't think for a minute they would contemplate litigating for £200, it would cost them more than that in fees alone.

If you're sort of homeless and have no offical income, I'd forget about it, personally. If you've no home how are they contacting you?

Comment

Working...
                  X