GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script offer to eversheds - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

offer to eversheds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• offer to eversheds

I have been paying eversheds 75 a month for debts in the region of £24000 all belonging to Barclays these debts go back years after a failed IVA so probably unforceable but have still been paying. The years are going pretty fast and im not getting any younger and very shortly will have state pension (but not a full one and a small private pension so shall no longer be able to make this payment but I do have the sum of £4000 saved after selling various items do you think this amount would be enough for a f/f offer have had plenty of letters in the past stating their clients would be able to accept considerably less final payments to clear the debts what does anyone think
    Last edited by pennys; 25 March 2013, 21:30.

Re: offer to eversheds

Welcome to AAD

is this for a CCJ?

or is just an arrangement?

Comment

Hi and thanks no its just for an arrangement - no ccjs because it was all in an IVA which failed and I then made offers to creditors myself they go back about 10 years

Comment

if they are all Barclays and they go back 10 year I'd bet they have no credit agreements

have you looked at Unenforceability?

personally I'd be sending a CCA request for each debt and wait and see what comes back

even if you don't want to pursue UE, stopping payments and sending a CCA request would sure concentrate their minds for a F&F

read up about UE, read some of our diaries, there a lot of posters here who are "more mature" and are trying to sort themselves out before retirement.

let us know what you want to do.

by the way if it's an arrangement and you really don't want to stop payments, I'd be reducing it drastically but arrangements are really a waste of time, they just let the vultures keep their claws attached to your life for ever.

Comment

I totally agree, you need to make it worth their while to to a deal, and while ever you're paying they won't be as keen. Establish that they've got no enforceable paperwork and stop paying for a while, then go in with the offer. (Although if they admit there's no agreement you can choose not to pay anything ever again )

Elsa x

Comment

problem I think is not all are credit cards I think one is a loan and another overdraft but not too sure about it as it was a long time ago so shall await next lot of statements they send and then be back on here thanks for the help so far

Comment

doesn't really matter, the overdraft we would treat differently but you can question the paperwork on all of those

Comment

I totally agree, send CCA requests, but, don't believe what they send you. Check them out. Then even if they appear to be enforceable, dispute them. Bin there done that, Barclays are liars.

Comment

Working...
                X