GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script arrow global CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

arrow global CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arrow global CCJ

Hi all,
    I am in a pickle with Arrow. I have been half ostrich and half not, firing off templates (from CAG) but the ostrich part won and a couple of weeks ago I got a county court letter saying arrow were taking me to court for my MBNA debt of £4000. I had done all the SAR, CCA requests and while the CCA request had come back late and inadequate, I bottled and when I got the summons I sent them an offer to pay back monthly. It IS my debt and I don't want to pretend it isn't, but I was a bit flaky to say the least when it came to correspondence and I hold my hands up and say mea culpa on this. What I want to know is can I do anything about the CCJ? (I know, I know, but I live in hope) and also, would I be able to barter a settlement instead? Years ago MBNA offered me a settlement figure of £2000 to write it off. Could I get another settlement figure or is there anything else I can do. I am getting post fear and anxiety and I know rationally it's all my fault and I need to take positive action, but still, I figure some of you might a) understand and b)may have some bright advice. Please don't tell me off for flaking, I tell myself off enough. Thanks a million for reading this far.

Re: arrow global CCJ

Ooops main error seems to be the fact you joined CAG and allowed the CCJ to occur.

We don't, we fight them all the way or refer to a solicitor to take them on for you, but sadly once action has occurred and you accepted a CCJ then how can you now go back and say you want to fight?

Did you allow them to get judgment in default or did you admit to the claim within the AoS? Please clarify this and then we'll be able to try and guide you as to your options.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi,
      I admitted it and offered to pay. I was told the courts were now accepting pretty much anything as enforceable, rightly or wrongly and couldn't find, in the mass of info, what to do.

Comment

BTW MBNA sold the debt on to Arrow when it was in dispute.

Comment

Originally posted by slippyhelen View Post
          Hi,
          I admitted it and offered to pay. I was told the courts were now accepting pretty much anything as enforceable, rightly or wrongly and couldn't find, in the mass of info, what to do.
          whoever told you that is talking out their arse.

see this --> allaboutFORUMS

Thats the open segment, the secured segment has hundreds of successes. In fact we helped win a couple of large cases in the last week. Sorry, you admitted the claim so you're kinda fooked sadly....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

BTW MBNA sold the debt on to Arrow when it was in dispute.
            wouldn't matter as a dispute is not a barrier to enforcement.

Comment

But what about settlement? Would they accept a percentage? I'm asking here because I'm about to call them and thought someone might have an idea.

Comment

I should point out I haven't a bean. But an uncle of mine has offered £1200 if it gets them out of my hair. But only for this. Not for my other debts.

Comment

did you have any PPI on the account?

don't call anyone yet.... for once trust us, we're pretty good at what we do here

Comment

No PPI to claim and in 2007 I successfully recouped £13.5k in charges, half of which was an debt to Nat West that they all but made up. So nothing else to declare i think.

Comment

No PPI to claim and in 2007 I successfully recouped £13.5k in charges, half of which was an debt to Nat West that they all but made up. So nothing else to declare i think.
                      Can you clarify, was the £13k from this account (the one that has the judgment?)...? I am only referring to that, not any other accounts (lets keep it simple)

Comment

Hi Helen,
                        Welcome to AAD

Can you just clarify..have you actually got the CCJ yet? What stage exactly are you at?

Elsa xx

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                          Can you just clarify..have you actually got the CCJ yet? What stage exactly are you at?

Elsa xx
                          Seems so....

Hi,
                          I admitted it and offered to pay.

Comment

It was a different thing, yes. I just mentioned it to remind myself I'm not a total knob.

Comment

Ok
                              1. When was the claim, ie the court date?
                              2. Are you a homeowner?
                              3. Was the CCJ actually issued then, at court? If so what is the damage, ie monthly repayments or what>

Comment

Working...
                              X