GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 1and1 and Aadvark Collections... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1and1 and Aadvark Collections...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1and1 and Aadvark Collections...

Ahoy all,

Been away for a while (have popped in every so often) after this place made me virtually debt free in 12 months, but now I'm back.

Background. I no longer bank with the high street banks, my Current Account is with a Credit Union (technically underwritten by Co-op bank but i don't deal with them) and as such, i pay 0.75 a week an never pay for overdraft charges nor bounced DD's.

I use my C&P card all the time, and have never had an issue with it, until 1and1.

I bought several domain names back in August, set up the payment through my Visa debit card and left it at that, got a couple of e-mails stating they couldn't take the money and I should check my details, I duly did so and details are correct. (i should point out, Paypal, Capital One and various high street stores had been paid through this account with no issue, and there is plenty of money in the account).

Again, another month went one, an e-mail, unable to take the money, checked again, nothing wrong, all details tally up.

Then I get a letter from Aadvark (Arvato) collections, demanding payment + late payment charge.

I've contacted 1and1 several times and get a generic reply "we are unable to deal with this as it has been past to AFS and payment must be made there."

Now i have no issue paying the charges for the domains, i have them and would like to keep them beyond the end of the year, therefore i cannot just tell them to sod off, as much as I would like to, but I don't see why i should pay a late payment fee when my details are correct and have been since day 1.

So 1and1 are stonewalling any contact with them, what to do?

ta JD
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Re: 1and1 and Aadvark Collections...

If it were me, I would find out the email of the boss of this crowd of muppets and then let go with both barrels IN WRITING

Comment

I would dump them anyway and then talk to Niddy about SimpleServe

Comment

I think the whole point is that the guy wants to keep the domains he has already registered, and as they are registered with this shower he is trying to straighten it out.

They have one of the worst reputations in the industry, and it is easy to see why. In the end, I don't think there is going to be any alternative but to register new domains with a reputable registrar. You can't delay whatever business plans you've got indefinitely just because of this.

I wish I could make recommendations, but obviously due to the connection between this site and the industry itself, I cannot do so.

If you want to try to resolve the present dispute, I would go straight to the CEO. This “business” is not listed on the famous CEO email site, but the CEO's name is Robert Hoffmann, and the snail mail address of UK Headquarters is -

1&1 Internet Limited
        Aquasulis House
        10-14 Bath Road
        Slough
        SL1 3SA

You could try a recorded delivery complaint and see what happens.

SH

Comment

Could he not transfer them although that would mean paying the monies owed first.

I would certainly be looking at a way out with 1 and 1 because as you say SH they have a bad reputation.

Comment

Think you can transfer domains for £15.

Would still owe 1 and 1, but i dont think they would stop a transfer before they are paid.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

To transfer a domain away from 1&1, they say “The domain can not have been registered or transferred in the last 30 days”, and “The account containing the domain must be in good standing”. That means there is not a chance in hell of getting the domains out of there without giving 1&1 every penny they are demanding, and even then it would take over a month.

The only realistic solution is complaint to the CEO, with possible escalation to Nominet if this is not properly dealt with. Here is the Nominet complaints procedure -

Complaints procedure | Nominet

This assumes that the domains have a .uk extension. If they are .com, .net, or .org, they will be covered by ICANN instead.

All of this is going to take time, so if you want to get up and running more quickly, you will have to register fresh domains with a more reputable registrar. It all depends what your priorities are.

SH

Comment

Another reason to NOT use 1 and 1
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thanks all, the domains are registered with 1and1 but redirect to Servage, despite the account being "locked" for in excess of two months, the domains continue to function.

There are some with a .co.uk and others with a .org (one with a .org.uk) and yes, I want to keep the domains.

One thing is though, can they refuse to deal with a debt that I dispute the amount? I've never had a company refuse payment to a debt before, which has been great as I know it annoys the cr*p outta the DCA's.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Comment

Sadly, i cant see you getting anywhere with these guys, take a look at this http://www.3ac.co.uk/1-and-1-internet-are-a-disgrace

- 17 emails – 2 to your legal department threatening legal action within
                    7 days – to which I have had no response
                    - 10 telephone calls
                    - 3 messages to your Facebook Team
                    - 20+ Twitter messages to your @1and1_uk account
                    And all he got was 4 replies from them!.

This link might be something similar to what you are suffering from

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=691178

How long do you have left to run on your domains? id wait till they expire and buy them back with fasthosts or someone like that, if i cant get anywhere with them.

Comment

it's about another 8 months left.

I just it interesting that i'm disputing the debt but 1&1 keep shunting me back to Aardvark.
                      In the past when i've disputed it, the company has dealt with it.

Meany

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeDreddy View Post
                        it's about another 8 months left.

I just it interesting that i'm disputing the debt but 1&1 keep shunting me back to Aardvark.
                        In the past when i've disputed it, the company has dealt with it.
                        Take it straight to the CEO. If he doesn't give a monkey's, you can be assured that no-one else will.

Then you can either take it to Nominet or just register different domains with someone half-decent. Fasthosts? You've got to be kidding me. One experience with them was one too many. The registrars I've used for seven years without any trouble are NameCheap and DomainSite. They are American, so .co.uk names will probably be slightly more expensive, but is it worth destroying your business to save $5 a year?

SH

Comment

ive never had an issue with fasthosts i have to be honest, i do only buy domains from them then forward dns to my own host.

Comment

I have server space with Servage who i've found to be spot on with service. The domains from 1&1 point to servage so the sites are still running.

Meany

Comment

So, what happened?

Comment

Working...
                              X